Trailers: Crysis 2 Be the Weapon Trailer

Crysis 2 Be the Weapon Trailer

Collapsing buildings, nanotechnology, aliens, and an introduction to the story of Crysis 2.

Watch Video

WTF, no Nomad, Psycho or Prothet. And who is this new character that we have never seen before. Given how Crysis 1 ended we sould at least get to know what happend to them.

Jolkman:
WTF, no Nomad, Psycho or Prothet. And who is this new character that we have never seen before. Given how Crysis 1 ended we sould at least get to know what happend to them.

The latest gameplay footage has the player character being called Prophet by mistake, but it plays into the game's story reportedly.

I would like a definite answer to the first game's ending too, and I did quite like Nomad and Psycho, even if they were a bit blank and stereotypical, respectively.

I can't imagine the ending to the first will go unanswered.

You kids these days with your nanosuits, back in my day when we wanted to stop an alien invasion all we needed was our fists and a bunch of stupid one liners....not sure where I was going with that >.<

Anyways Crysis 2 is looking pretty awesome. Will definitely be picking it up >.>

This looks a lot worse than the beauty the new CryEngine can deliver. Im a little disappointed I must say.

looks sexy, and not having played it's predecessor, I'm not fussed about story continuity

Funny how the suit is presented the same way the main character would be presented in a movie.

What can be a greater incentive to study than this? I mean, other than the occurrence of a kitty crying every time you get an 'F'.

I'll take 10.

Why is it always New York or London or Paris getting attacked? Why not Scunthorpe or Berwick upon tweed. You know, somewhere *really* epic :P

Still not better than the first trailer, in my opinion...

Somethingfake:
Why is it always New York or London or Paris getting attacked? Why not Scunthorpe or Berwick upon tweed. You know, somewhere *really* epic :P

becaues noone knows them and noone cares :p
they've got a point, when it's new york that lies in ruins, you know that most of the world is screwed. but still.... I'm getting a bit tired of this too... can we PLEASE go somewhere original? I'm pretty sure they can figure out a way to make us feel the scale of the conflict without resorting to these kinds of clichés... I mean, friggin HALO was more original in it's setting than this; a part of Africa that had been developed, presumably owing to the extra jobs brought by the construction of a giant space elevator, a giant space-station-world that can make the entire universe die, a zombie-ship(crappy level, but still). that's a lot more original than 'US being invaded'. westwood did that over 10 years ago, and I'm sure they weren't the first ones to do it either. In the present day it's even worse, there's tons of fps's with that setting. mw2, bf:bc2, homefront....

still, trailer looks cool ^^ (/rant)

So, the "Death is an inconvenience- we're all dead men walking" comment intrigued me. Since the nanosuit pretty much does all the work for you, does that mean the character might just be a body? Just a fuel source? Or perhaps his mind is kept alive, and everything else is expendable?

There's a story in that right there. Probably won't show up in the actual game, but I thought it was interesting.

Wow, this must be the dumbest most cliché trailer for an action game EVER!

And I kinda want to know what happened to the crazy trio from Crysis 1. And how the hell did Prophet survive anyway? And how did he rig that alien weapon in the first place?

Jolkman:

Prophet has showed up in previous trailers, and, what I've heard from reports about the leaked beta, (AND SERIOUSLY OH MY GOD DO NOT CLICK THIS IF YOU DON'T WANT IT SPOILED I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH)

Err... isn't it STORY trailer?

Generic scifi shooter set in urban New york..and yet it looks SO good! Can't wait for this to hit the shelves.

I actually cant wait either. Gonna need to upgrade my rig though. Damn dual core...

Have to say that I wasnt as interested as I am now after watching that. Though some continuity would be nice.

I got goosebumps 3 times...Evidently I like it alot.

Prof. Monkeypox:
So, the "Death is an inconvenience- we're all dead men walking" comment intrigued me. Since the nanosuit pretty much does all the work for you, does that mean the character might just be a body? Just a fuel source? Or perhaps his mind is kept alive, and everything else is expendable?

The future is now! Get your very own zombie nanosuit 3.0!

Colour me interested, yes the US and more directly New York has been the subject of invasion and destruction for years in gaming and an origional setting would be nice, having said that however, watching that clip makes me feel like im yet to see a New Youk invasion done well.

hopefully this will do it well.

Cai1911:

Prof. Monkeypox:

The future is now! Get your very own zombie nanosuit 3.0!

I'd play the hell out of that!

Am I the only one who can't get enough of this trailer?

It's a shame it's virtually impossible for any game to live up to such a dramatic movie-like trailer.

Though it seems Crysis 2 comes quite close.

Looks pretty good. I just hope they step away from the one type alien we fought through half of the first Crysis. God that was some boring ass shit.

Im going to enjoy this game

The enemies come from BELOW instead? OMG! There's a plot idea we've never seen before!!! =_=...*Rolls eyes*.

Ok that asside this could be really good if they hit us with as many set-pieces as this trailer makes it look like they will. Of course the gunplay is important but the set-pieces are what define the world of an FPS which is what makes you care about it and the characters within it. I never did get to play the first as I never had a PC that could handle it, but I'll keep my eyes peeled now and see if it looks worth checking out once it's closer to release.

Oh...and to the person above crying about how it doesn't look as pretty as it could, please go eat a bullet. Graphic whores are murdering gaming. This game looks wonderful in terms of graphics, after a certain point there's just no reason for the graphics to be any better. Could they? Sure, but they'd be sacrificing time that could be spent ironing out gaming and story issues, things that actually matter in terms of a GAME, while graphics are a purely aesthetic issue (especially at the point these are, the transition from say PS1 to PS2 graphics brought with it game changes since you could more easily differentiate items in the world, but now such improvements are done and over, any further graphical improvements are merely to rope in the people obssessed with having the preeties game).

If you want graphics go watch some movies or something.

good trailer. it almost gave me a bit of hype for this game. almost.

Looked, very cliche to me.

*Puts up flameshield*

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or