Hands-on Preview: Jurassic Park

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Hands-on Preview: Jurassic Park

Press that button or the dinosaur wins!

Read Full Article

I can't wait for this game and the preview makes me more excited!

personally, one play through of Heavy Rain was more than enough for me. i'd never give it a second go 'round. that being said, if this new JP game has controls inspired by or too similar to Heavy Rain, i'll give it a miss. for Heavy Rain, the story was compelling, but was really marred by hours and hours of absolutely boring gameplay. i'd hate to see Jurassic Park suffer from the same fate.

As long as it has a triceratops battling a T-rex in it, I am getting it, no question.

I'd like to see live video feed of the game being played. Now I'm even more excited to play this game.

This is the first time I'm excited about a Telltale game. With this and The Walking Dead, now I have 2 more games to look forward this year.

What the hell is Sarah doing on the Island? You would think she would tell that to Malcolm in the second movie or book, where she actually encounters dinosaurs for the first time...makes no sense.
I also hope they change the T-Rex voice we heard in the trailer, since that was just ripped out of Dino Crisis and doesnt sound like the one in the movies at all.

Despite all these i cant wait to finally play a new Jurassic Park game.

Open up a door.
Get on the floor.
Everybody walk the dinosaur.

I had serious doubts about this, but in all honesty, this sounds fantastic. I doubted Telltale's ability to make a dark game but I have been happily proven wrong. Good on them, can't wait to play. I really hope it comes to XBLA

Verkula:
What the hell is Sarah doing on the Island? You would think she would tell that to Malcolm in the second movie or book, where she actually encounters dinosaurs for the first time...makes no sense.

I was thinking the same exact thing. I wonder if they will try to explain it away in some lame roundabout way or if they will just ignore it and claim it as non-cannon with the second movie (being based off the original movie already puts it out of cannon with the books). I personally prefer the second option.

As for the game itself I have high hopes. I wasn't very interested in Heavy Rain, but the setting alone makes me want to give this one a shot.

*girlish squeal* EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE IwantitIwantitIwantitIwantit
I was worried it would be some crummy action game even with telltale in the lead but its sounding really awesome

As excited as I am for this, I was hoping for a new Operation: Genesis.

I guess they aren't going to use the new fossil data and turn T-Rex into a mewling, feathered, little bitch scavenger.

Been a while since a dino game, sounds interesting!

Pyode:

or if they will just ignore it and claim it as non-cannon with the second movie (being based off the original movie already puts it out of cannon with the books). I personally prefer the second option.

Yeah that actually makes sense.
Maybe they could even make their own version of the second story and follow up on this, if these episodes are successful.:O

Speaking as a man who never despised quick-time events to the same degree as the majority of my gaming peers, and never played heavy rain, but would have checked it out if it was for the 360. I can only say, I will be buying this one.

Oh God, there's too much epic in the games of the near future! I'm going to end up sitting in front of the 360 all through next year!

I like dinosaurs. I want to buy this game.

... I hope it is affordable.

Captcha: algebra ectrie. Algebra? Algebra?? I thought this was English or Lit or something.

Interesting. But I'm not buying it.

Somehow the first thing to come to mind is a fighting game, at the time when Windows '95 was the hottest shit, where you battled with dinosaurs against dinosaurs. You only had like two different attacks, but it was still great fun at that time.

Okay I'm keen.

Massive fan of the first Jurassic Park film. It still gives me excited chills. If this game maintains the feeling of the film, (and from screenshots it seems like it has at least tried,) it could be very good. I like how it's set during the events of the first film - Harding canon be damned - because it should have the decent into chaos - an aspect that film one had, film two had a bit of and film three... well, they tried.

Interesting to see what Telltale is doing with the beloved 80s/early 90s trilogys. Wonder what's next.

I'm already thinking about how the gameplay would feel like, definitely giving it a try.

Great, just great... They had to do it... They just had to... Now I'm going to have to clear my hard drive space because this game... this game... SOUND AWESOME!!!! how long until its released?... HOW LONG!!!!!!!.

Also, I've got money on the Triceratops winning that battle... You don't fuck with a Triceratops.

Is Jeff Goldblum in it? What about Sammy Jackson? George Costanza? If there is no Sam Neil, I'm not getting it.

This sounds cool. I'll probably get it, I loved the old arcade jurassic park games.

Okay, so I was honestly not expecting this. I think this is the first thing I've seen of Jurassic Park for... what, 7 years? 6 maybe? So yeah, that was kind of out of the blue for me. Weird.

darthricardo:
Okay, so I was honestly not expecting this. I think this is the first thing I've seen of Jurassic Park for... what, 7 years? 6 maybe? So yeah, that was kind of out of the blue for me. Weird.

Must've been a package deal with licensing or something. This was originally announced about the same time Telltale announced it was working on a Back to the Future game. (Which is currently on it's second episode)

As for this not working so well on PC due to the controls... Use an Xbox controller? They all have PC drivers available... XD (Yeah, I know. That won't help if they change the coding behind the control scheme. But you know what I'm getting at, I'm sure. ;p)

"press certain buttons to A) honk the horn Y) flick the headlights or R3) check the glove box for the code." Didn't know the xbox controller had an R3 button.

My favourite movie of all time, so you can imagine how excited I am about this. :)

This is sounding good, it's been far too long since there was a good dinosaur game (or anything else for that matter). And finally a game with a vet as the main character showing just how awsome our profession can be!

Sounds cool
Besides... its a good thing PCs have XbOX controlers too...

I really hope that this comes out on the XBLA, or I am going to be sorely disappointed.I am not the hugest fan of QTEs, but I don't mind them at all if they are used well, and from the sounds of it this game makes them work very well indeed. Couple that with the fact that it's a Jurassic Park game, and I'm already sold on the idea

I always like that Jurrasic Park light gun arcade game, and the snes game version of the movie. The Megadrive version looked nice, but felt weak in comparison.

A Quicktime game based off JP doesnt really sound all that good, but hey, maybe it will turn out halfway decent.

jamradar:
Open up a door.
Get on the floor.
Everybody walk the dinosaur.

Made my day...

OT: Can't wait to pick this up, last Jurassic Park game i had was Operation Genesis

Zom-B:
personally, one play through of Heavy Rain was more than enough for me. i'd never give it a second go 'round. that being said, if this new JP game has controls inspired by or too similar to Heavy Rain, i'll give it a miss. for Heavy Rain, the story was compelling, but was really marred by hours and hours of absolutely boring gameplay. i'd hate to see Jurassic Park suffer from the same fate.

I am with you!

I want a GAME and not an interactive Movie / Quicktime Events!

Nexus4:
"press certain buttons to A) honk the horn Y) flick the headlights or R3) check the glove box for the code." Didn't know the xbox controller had an R3 button.

That's what they call pressing the right analog stick.

I would love a new Jurassic Park game, but a quick-time event starring Sarah Harding? Sounds horrible. She was annoying enough in the movie.

Am I the only one who thinks this sounds like a browser-based flash-game? Dodge the dinosaurs, free/squish the annoying future biologist.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here