Trailers: Halo: Reach Defiant Multiplayer Map Pack Trailer

Halo: Reach Defiant Multiplayer Map Pack Trailer

Play in the Unearthed, Condemned, and Highlands maps in the new map pack.

Watch Video

Wow, little soon after the last one, isn't it Bungie Certain Affinity?

I wish I had more MS points, more maps is good, just hope they are bigger, anchor 9 was very dissapointing, tempest was kinda dul but good size, cant remember the last one but it wa best.

this isnt my name:
I wish I had more MS points, more maps is good, just hope they are bigger, anchor 9 was very dissapointing, tempest was kinda dul but good size, cant remember the last one but it wa best.

Breakpoint. The only problem with that map, however, was that it always turned into a game of "Who gets to the Banshee first?".

Knife-28:
Wow, little soon after the last one, isn't it Bungie?

I didn't think Bungie had any control over the Halo franchise anymore. Am I mistaken?

Knife-28:

Bungie isn't making these maps. At least not alone. Certain Affinity, who made the final Halo 2 map pack, are making these.

Irridium:

Knife-28:

Bungie isn't making these maps. At least not alone. Certain Affinity, who made the final Halo 2 map pack, are making these.

Ah, well then allow me to edit my post.

sravankb:

this isnt my name:

Breakpoint. The only problem with that map, however, was that it always turned into a game of "Who gets to the Banshee first?".

Yeah but its like that in any map with a veichle.

Just saw a vid of all the maps, I really want this, one has low gravity and an amazing environment, and highlands is huge. The other one is firefight only I dont really care aout that so yeah. Also my XBL is going to run out in march so :(

More firefight? Sign me up!

I hope more map packs are around the corner too, I am hoping to see invasion get some more love, that mode is massively impressive

Another fail without a blank slate editable map like Forge World.

For some reason, I feel an urge to play Halo Reach again...

I never picked up the first map pack, how many MS Points was it going for again? Trying to be a bit more frugal with my MS Points - they would like to think they could get 1200 MSP off me for a COD map pack again, but that won't happen this time...:)

Baldr:
Another fail without a blank slate editable map like Forge World.

You can remove everything you know... ANd put whatever you want there, but it will never be as big as forge, which imo could have been a bit bigger.

MarsProbe:
For some reason, I feel an urge to play Halo Reach again...

I never picked up the first map pack, how many MS Points was it going for again? Trying to be a bit more frugal with my MS Points - they would like to think they could get 1200 MSP off me for a COD map pack again, but that won't happen this time...:)

Noble was 800 MS points.

The Noble Map Pack had good maps, but it lacked a Firefight Map, which was really my only complaint. Thankfully, the Defiant Map Pack seems to have fixed that, finally. And on top of being a new Firefight map, Unearthed actually looks like a really good Firefight map, at least from the short time in the trailer that it was shown. I'm interested.

Also, as a final bit of interesting information, Condemned seems to have areas open to space, which I rather like.

Awesome remix of the Unforgotten theme in that trailer.

Highlands looks amazing. Could be an instant classic.

"Defy the Covenant" That would be such a great tagline IF THE PACK HAD AN INVASION MAP!
*deep breath* Ok sorry. I'm just a little mad that they created an awesome gametype, then only gave it two maps for when it shipped and never properly supported it.

It may be a weird thing to pick up on but a lot of areas on those maps look like parts of TF2 maps...
Other than that looks good.

That song in the trailer is the most awesome thing in the world right now.

Oh, and the maps? They look good too.

kael013:
"Defy the Covenant" That would be such a great tagline IF THE PACK HAD AN INVASION MAP!
*deep breath* Ok sorry. I'm just a little mad that they created an awesome gametype, then only gave it two maps for when it shipped and never properly supported it.

Oh god yes, invasion NEEDS more maps, spire is a favorite map of mine, not fussy on boneyard, but it needs more maps. Allthough we have breakpoint, but thats a rare map for me, but its retty good, still highland looked good, could have been great for invasion.

Certain Affinity did a good job I think. The maps look excellently designed and beautiful. I wasn't sure about anyone being able to handle Bungie's position but if this map pack gives any indication it's that the franchise is in good hands.

Now if I only had the bones to pay for this.

More awesome maps for the worlds best FPS Series!

Will get.

Am I only one who thinks that Reach doesn't really need any more large maps, currently I think that Reach seems to be focused on big team slayer. Don't get me wrong I do have fun playing these larger maps (not spire though I hate that map with a passion) but I would also like some smaller faster paced maps without vehicles that would be more 4v4 oriented. Condemned looks like it might be good for this though.

LGC Pominator:
More firefight? Sign me up!

I hope more map packs are around the corner too, I am hoping to see invasion get some more love, that mode is massively impressive

Yeah,gotta love it with the noble pack

why cant they make games from the covenant point of view? XD

Anyone else notice that Highlands is straight from the books?

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here