Top 5 with Lisa Foiles: Top 5 Wise-Cracking Sidekicks

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6

Valiard:
What about Grimoire Weiss from Nier?

You would reduce the mighty Grimoire Weiss to the status of mere sidekick?

Zero Pattern:
I know it would sound creepy to say that I want to touch her, but this is the internet, and I can't be the only one.

You're not the only one, but you may be the only honest one.

Herein lies the power struggle:

Sweet dreams are made of these*
Who am I to disagree?
I travel the world and the seven seas
Everybody's looking for something

*the components of "the perfect woman"; who has a Transmutation Circle?

I was about to rage about the lack of HK47, and I haven't even played the Kotor games.

At least I can still gripe about Morte. WHY WASN'T MORTE ON THE LIST!!!

Ok, that's it Lisa, the nerd police are here are we're arresting you for crimes against geek-kind. Please hand over the t-shirt, for uh... evidence, yes.. evidence.

Good episode though and I'm learning to respect your taste in games, TLJ is certainly up there in my top 10 list plus Sam and max has the most adventure playtime from me, having completed the first series.

gee ... no clank? ... i always wanted to smack navi with a flyswatter ... and one other sidekick , that bunny from the game whiplash quacked me up

yeah...yeah i would in fact call him a sidekick...to his face too...anyone who loses his memory to a guy who can do the Giga Drill Breaker immediately becomes a sidekick imho

I was going to write to complain if Max from Sam & Max wasn't in this list. But he is.

Which kinda makes this post redundant.

Move along please. Nothing to see here.

Trogdor shirt is full of win!
(Not a reference to Lisa's boobs, though I bet they're pretty awesome too)

Any one else besides me think that Lisa'd look about twice as attractive with shoulder length hair?

James Lewell:
I must ask, why is Kazooie NOT there?

THIS!

Although, I'm loving the Homestar Runner references.

I was really, really hoping Morte from Planescape: Torment would be mentioned when I saw PC games were included. (Half the time in lists like this they aren't.)

But I just knew Planescape: Torment would be forgotten. It usually is.

Terrible shame.

dietpeachsnapple:
Stopping in again to see if any changes have been made to the format or presentation. I still find this show to be an irritating attempt at comedic presentation.

You find it irritating yet you've watched it more than once?

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.....

anthony87:

dietpeachsnapple:
Stopping in again to see if any changes have been made to the format or presentation. I still find this show to be an irritating attempt at comedic presentation.

You find it irritating yet you've watched it more than once?

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.....

I enjoy giving any performance more than one opportunity to prove itself wanton or of limited quality. One bad show could be a coincidence. Twice is a trend. I might try the show again another time to see if it is a consistency.

If you understood this and still spite me my sense of discretion, then perhaps you have come to the wrong forum to vent your discontent.

There is no reason for Sully to be on that list. everything he says is on par with "i've got a bad feeling about this." even the one liner you played in your video has been uttered by every lackwit in every tv show, movie, video game, book, spoken-word album, drunk guy at a party, and that one friend's mom that everyone thought was "so cool" in middle school.

ZZZZzzzzzzzz

I have not been disappointed with one of your lists until now. Will stop watching and boycott and I can never trust you again blah, blah, blah. You forgot:

He is THE wise-cracking mascot. How could you not include him unless...unless you haven't played Planescape: Torment in which case...SHUN HER!!! SHUN HER FROM POLITE GAMING COMPANY!!!

One complaint:
Mordin.

He performs the Salarian equivalent of Gilbert and Sullivan for God's sake.

Such a stereotypical girl gamer, 70% of the games mentioned on the show are either casual or anime.

Damn, I hoped Clank would be on there. Still funny, nonetheless.

am I the only guy who likes navi?
never thought she was that annoying ^^

Hey Listen! NO YOU LISTEN!

I feel an urge to play all the game mentioned now! I've really come to like Lisa, she's cute. Too bad we live so far away from each other :P

God Lisa!!
Morte from Planescape - best sidekick in the history of electronic media. And floating wisecrack skulls.

But...how could you forget Murray?!

Man, I'd forgotten about Dreamfall, that games vision was incredible. I would also like to say you have sexy arms which probably isn't a compliment you or many other women have ever received but daaaaaaamn their long and slender.

I really wanted Clarence from Penumbra: Black Plague to be on here :(

Zero Pattern:
I know it would sound creepy to say that I want to touch her, but this is the internet, and I can't be the only one.

A very cynical part of me thinks that this (sex appeal) is the only reason so many "girl gamer" programs (online shows which specifically accentuate this and only this as the defining feature and reason to watch) exist.

This is not a value judgement on the quality of this particular program, however, although I find the manner of Top 5's advertisement on The Escapist (notice how Lisa's FACE and her LOW CUT TOP appear in the starting screen for every video? Hmm, now why don't Moviebob and Yahtzee do that... I wonder.) a little suspicious.

Michizane:
am I the only guy who likes navi?
never thought she was that annoying ^^

I like Navi too. She was helpful

BIIIIIRRRRRRRRDMAN!

Me loves some Lisa Foiles... and the show too.

I checked out The Longest Journey because of this episode. Definitely one of the better decisions I've made. Thanks Lisa!

"Where's HK-47?"
That's what I was going to write. It's like you read my mind. Outside of Bioware companions, Cassie from FNV says some funny things. The funniest characters tend to be NPCs instead of companions though.

Aww, no Alistar...

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or