Daily Drop: Spare Change

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Spare Change

Darn! I was just looking for bus fare and whoops!

Watch Video

-Insert South Park Joke about the monster needing three fity for the bus-

Hey, wait, this is the 100th item. This should be a special thing. Its the centenial.

EDIT: ...No pun intended.

ooooooh! shiny objects *starts drooling*

Ooooh... very shiny stuff! :D

Wow... that was the 100th episode of this show, congrats guys!

Requisite bad joke here: Change is good.

Ooh, sparkly shiny! And tomorrow is just fluff. Marshmallow fluff. That might get messy...

OOOooooh shiny.

I just about went into ferret shock watching that.

awe why did you have to waste perfectly good change? you should have given it to this guy

They make a pretty good sound in slow mo.

Shiny! Very fun. And fluff tomorrow, that should be great if the jar breaks open.

Also,

Congrats on your 100th episode!
Looking forward to many more drops. ^.^

I ain't givin' you no tree-fiddy you goddamn Loch Ness monster! Get your own goddamn money!

*Notices distinctive shapes upon coins* Wait, why did you use US coins? I can imagine you have plenty just lying around but any specific reason?

Blackout62:
*Notices distinctive shapes upon coins* Wait, why did you use US coins? I can imagine you have plenty just lying around but any specific reason?

Do they operate out of Britain or Canad? cause in Canada and the US the coins are rather interchangable.

Shouldn't the music have been... "Pennies from Heaven"?

emeraldrafael:

Blackout62:

Do they operate out of Britain or Canad? cause in Canada and the US the coins are rather interchangable.

LRR (the people doing daily drop) is out of Canada, it's just weird that they would specifically use US currency.

That makes me wonder, would different munies drop/bounce/spin/sparkleshiney differently?

Lunafox:
That makes me wonder, would different munies drop/bounce/spin/sparkleshiney differently?

Most likely. Unite States Coins tend to be as perfect of circles as you can manage, and then there's coins that look like octagons and ones that are squares. It wouldnt be noticiable, but it would bounce differently.

EDIT: plus there's the material. I'm sure Canadian 2 dollar coins would bounce differently based on weight

That was surprisingly awesome, I came in thinking it'd look kinda cool because of the quantity and then the reflections decided to step the whole show up a notch.
Thanks lighting!

emeraldrafael:

Blackout62:

Do they operate out of Britain or Canada? cause in Canada and the US the coins are rather interchangable.

indeed that is true. Canadian and Americans are pretty similar. but in Canada we have toonies and loonies. and it is much better to have loonies and toonies for the bus.
I have gotten American pennies, nickels and quarters.
the big problem is that the vending machines don't like the American coins and I am a quarter short of getting the delicious chocolate!

emeraldrafael:

Lunafox:

Most likely. Unite States Coins tend to be as perfect of circles as you can manage, and then there's coins that look like octagons and ones that are squares. It wouldnt be noticiable, but it would bounce differently.

EDIT: plus there's the material. I'm sure Canadian 2 dollar coins would bounce differently based on weight

if they had a toonie right when they were first made the centre may pop out.
they use to separate because of the cold. and I know one time my friend dropped a couple toonies and the centres popped out.

No Loonies or Toonies? That change was spare...

Seriously though did not not include them because you didn't want to scare the Americans or because you're just starving artists? Either way I fully support my Loading Ready Overlords!

Good 100th drop. I thought it would be Canadian change but American is okay mostly because I already know what a handful of it sounds like when dropped so Canadian would've been more better. That jar of marshmallow fluff is gonna make such a mess.

dex-dex:
Snip

Tats pretty cool. Didnt know about it but then again, I dont really focus too much on the history of the coin and more so on the value of it and what the value will be (thinking like an accountant/economist).

dex-dex:
Snip

Yeah, I know what you mean. When I go to Canada, I always forget to transfer like ten bucks in change into American and always have alot of Canadian money while I'm home. So I just use it in Vending Machines, and ours (or at least the ones I go to) dont like to take your dimes or nickels. And I've had some problems with your Quarters. Usually I just round them down and they work better.

emeraldrafael:

Ok, I will!

*Graham and Paul deciding what to do for the next Daily Drop video*

Paul: Why don't we drop some spare change?
Graham: Yeah, that sounds good! How much change do you think we'll need?
Paul: *looks Graham in the eye and says* I need about tree fiddy.

*It's around this time that Graham notices that Paul was about 8 stories tall and was a Crustation from the Pezazoic era (my spelling is probably off)*

Graham shouts: DAMN YOU LOCHNESS MONSTER! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH PAUL? AND WHY ARE YOU IN CANADA?

Lochness Monster: I'm a fan of your videos! And I needed some money for the bus!

-Your welcome!

My first thought? "That's it, Paul, make it rain, make it rain, make it rain".

AssassinJoe:
Snip

Haha funny. Actaully, I do like that. Its about the second time a joke has been made at a vague reference or idea I made. Still, this confrims why I dont believe it that Ninja'd stuff, cause tow other people posted about it wihtout a care that they were ninja'd.

which is good.

Also, HE NEEDS THREE FIDDY TO HELP GET THAT PLANE TICKET!

emeraldrafael:

Hey, wait, this is the 100th item. This should be a special thing. Its the centenial.

EDIT: ...No pun intended.

No, I'm pretty sure the Drop Crew meant for that pun to happen.

It really worked having fairly shiny coins and very, very bright lights! I also wondered if those were US or Canadian currency. I know the smaller denominations of coins are similar, but they sure looked like US pennies, nickels, and dimes to me. I'm living pretty far south these days, so I only see Canadian coins on rare, rare occasions. I once pointed out the single Canadian penny in our drawer to my boss, who thought that we weren't supposed to take them (legally) and that we should try to foist it off on a customer. We just rolled our eyes (behind her back, of course). On the other hand, I had a terrible time trying to exchange the 2 Bahaman dollars I had left over from a trip, even at the banks! Luckily, there was a guy in line who liked foreign currency, and he offered to trade with me. And now I'm trying to remember whatever happened to those last 10 Euros I had from the Spain trip?

There was at least SOME Canadian change there, I distinctly saw beavers and the Bluenose on some of those coins... *watches again* Actually, I can't see ANY American change... everyone else must have better eyes.

it was like confetti

That was an awesome drop. The coin flashes looked like paparazzi flashes. It was very pretty in slow motion.

Now how much was actually in the square.

Shinys, need brighter light to shiny coins shinier.

I admit that it was pretty damn mesmerizing to watch the coins flicker and glitter in the light. One of my favorite Daily Drops thus far. The nerd that lives in the back of my brain wanted to begin calculating the probability model for how often a coin would reflect light right at the camera, and how many flickers would happen in all, on average, with n coins dropped from y height. But there's no way in hell I'm going to start calculating all that. Hell, no.

Though I will say this: this must have been the most rewarding post-drop clean up experience ever. Quoting Scott Pilgrim from the movie, "oh sweet, coins!"

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here