Trailers: Battlefield 3 Gameplay Teaser

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Battlefield 3 Gameplay Teaser

A glimpse at the gameplay from Battlefield 3.

Watch Video

And when you say 'glimpse', you really mean it.

All fluff, no substance.

The trailer, that is.

I'm sure the game will be fine.

ciortas1:
And when you say 'glimpse', you really mean it.

ya every other site is claiming a bunch of gameplay footage... i'm like, tha fuck? 3-6 seconds of choppy gameplay footage, most of it standing still or doing jack shit? okay...

still got my penis hard, tho.

They must of felt really proud to add the "gameplay" part into the teaser. Someone scoped in another guy got punched WOOOHOOO.

It's a teaser guys. It teases you.

It doesn't take you into the back room and perform fellatio on you.

As far as teasers go, those taunting little minxes those, it was pretty damn good.

Must have been PC footage.

Anyone getting a lot of Metal of Honor deja vu?

Also, the game is over six months out and they're already teasing DLC? That's never a good sign...

That's a pretty good teaser if you ask me; bit of gameplay and teases what it'll be like...looks fun.

See it looks good....and well, what more could you ask for right now tbh? This is EA after all.

Looks completely and exactly the same as every other generic shooter that has come out the last 3-5 years.. Nothing special at all..

I really really wish this game would go back to the PC BF roots and have that Instant Action mode. I loved that mode so much.

dammit, I want to see some actual play not just... peep shows

The game looks awesome but i have the suspicion that multiplayer will not look anywhere near as crisp or clean as that, PS3 and XBox360 cant pull that level of graphics im pretty sure.

Seems to me this is another pre rendered B.S. look how pretty my game is, but not the game you'll be playing, marketing push.

Also i cant wait for this game, BFBC2 But bigger OMG drools*

So I can now drag unconscious players and punch them? Or were those just quick time events?

Generic. Show some footage of tanks and aircraft. Sniper team camping. Roadside bombing.

Mother of god that looked pretty.
MOAR! NEED MOAR NOW!

come on EA, this is your chance to get back on the horse....

Nothing special, hate it when companies do this, at least the teaser for MW2 was mowing down innocent people.

Though it was all green and stuff...

Corpse XxX:
Looks completely and exactly the same as every other generic shooter that has come out the last 3-5 years.. Nothing special at all..

Yeap, my thoughts exactly. Gave me a very strong Medal of Honor vibe, except set in a city instead of a desert town.

Now when I think Battlefield, I don't think tight urban combat, I think huge battles. This teaser didn't show any of that.

Wolfram01:

Why?

OT: I thought it looked OK, from the tiny amount of footage we got. Of course, if BF:BC2 is anything to go by, this will be amazing.

This looked like singleplayer footage to me. I wonder if they'll actually be doing the singleplayer more than just "decent" this time.

Hmm...I can't really comment on the actual Battlefield series when my experience has just been Bad Company and 1943 on the PS3, but I can see this being a lot better. (Close quarters is something new though for the Battfield series isn't it?) Also I hope the multiplayer modes aren't just Conquest and Rush.

My only doubt is that Battlefield 3 will suffer because the 'Modern Warfare' bubble has burst now. Everyone is tired of the generic war shooter, hence why 2011 has kicked off with Bulletstorm, an FPS about kicking aliens in the face into exploding mutant plants.

OhJohnNo:

Wolfram01:

Why?

OT: I thought it looked OK, from the tiny amount of footage we got. Of course, if BF:BC2 is anything to go by, this will be amazing.

This looked like singleplayer footage to me. I wonder if they'll actually be doing the singleplayer more than just "decent" this time.

Can't do that on consoles. I saw sunrays, depth of field usage, it definitely had smooth graphics which generally means anti aliasing, which you almost never get on console versions. It just looked too good to be console footage. Although, I will say that Crysis 2 looks damn good on console so I might very well be wrong. However, I know for certain that BF3 is being developped for PCs to the fullets, using the latest DX11 tricks and gimicks to make it as awesome looking as possible.

Its a teaser people, you'll see some proper gameplay on march 1st

Surely they could have done something better with their time, like work on the game?

I just hope that whatever they do with this game, that it's a lot like BF:BC2. And I don't mean just the multiplayer, but the single player as well. The ability to move around and use alternate methods to kill enemies is a great thing to have in a game, which the people who make Call of Duty never seem to understand. And I like a game that doesn't take itself too seriously, so that when rock music starts playing right before or after an emotional moment, it doesn't make absolutely no sense.

Cowabungaa:

Corpse XxX:

Yeap, my thoughts exactly. Gave me a very strong Medal of Honor vibe, except set in a city instead of a desert town.

Now when I think Battlefield, I don't think tight urban combat, I think huge battles. This teaser didn't show any of that.

What basically amounts to a slideshow of about 5 images can't really show you much in the way of what enviroments the game takes place in. Hell, if it does take place in an urban enviroment how do you know it wasn't just on map of an entire city, and have you completely forgotten about the destructibility shown in the most recent Battlefield games? I don't believe Medal of Honour had any of that.

The way you people pretensiously jump to conclusions is ridiculous, atleast wait for a full gameplay trailer (not teaser) to let your pessimism out.

JoshGod:
Surely they could have done something better with their time, like work on the game?

I hate it when people say stuff like this. Its not like the Battlefield team are just one group, there is marketing, sound, programming teams etc etc. This is the work of the marketing team, to generate more hype, they use whatever footage the other teams give them. Its their job, and their only job.

philosophicalbastard:

Cowabungaa:

Corpse XxX:

What basically amounts to a slideshow of about 5 images can't really show you much in the way of what enviroments the game takes place in. Hell, if it does take place in an urban enviroment how do you know it wasn't just on map of an entire city, and have you completely forgotten about the destructibility shown in the most recent Battlefield games? I don't believe Medal of Honour had any of that.

The way you people pretensiously jump to conclusions is ridiculous, atleast wait for a full gameplay trailer (not teaser) to let your pessimism out.

Thing is, even in a teaser you'd think that they'd show what Battlefield is all about, just in a very short and cryptic manner that makes one hungry for moar. Well given, I'm still hungry for more.

Ain't saying the game is going to be fail, very much doubt so, I was saying the teaser was pretty fail. At least from my perspective. And the new reincarnation of the Battlefield theme...man that hurts on the ears.

Wolfram01:

OhJohnNo:

Wolfram01:

Why?

Can't do that on consoles. I saw sunrays, depth of field usage, it definitely had smooth graphics which generally means anti aliasing, which you almost never get on console versions. It just looked too good to be console footage. Although, I will say that Crysis 2 looks damn good on console so I might very well be wrong. However, I know for certain that BF3 is being developped for PCs to the fullets, using the latest DX11 tricks and gimicks to make it as awesome looking as possible.

Well, I hope it does look that good on the 360. Those graphics were awesome.

It is just too bad, though, that the 360 misses out on 64-aside battles... *sniff* I want in on that...

Sorry for what'll probably be a double post, but:

Daaaah Whoosh:
I just hope that whatever they do with this game, that it's a lot like BF:BC2. And I don't mean just the multiplayer, but the single player as well. The ability to move around and use alternate methods to kill enemies is a great thing to have in a game, which the people who make Call of Duty never seem to understand. And I like a game that doesn't take itself too seriously, so that when rock music starts playing right before or after an emotional moment, it doesn't make absolutely no sense.

I do agree with this sentiment. I found BF:BC2's levels to be a bit linear compared to Halo or the first Mass Effect (and by that I mean the indoor sections), but they still offered you freedom of choice in many places when it came to dealing with enemies. I like it when games do this - way more replay value than excessively linear games (the biggest offender I remember playing being Half-Life 2, except for Ravenholm, though admittedly I haven't played any CoD games).

I don't think they understood the meaning of the word 'tease'.

well judging by those few seconds of footage, i can say that i'm impressed. by the battle fields series is all about sandbox combat,fight nay way you want, this is what i want to see a glimpse of in the full trailer

SovietX:

JoshGod:

I hate it when people say stuff like this. Its not like the Battlefield team are just one group, there is marketing, sound, programming teams etc etc. This is the work of the marketing team, to generate more hype, they use whatever footage the other teams give them. Its their job, and their only job.

I'm well aware of that, i'm dissapointed at a teaser which is very poor, i'm sorry to have expected a teaser to tease me without just showing nothing. Perhaps they could do a better job or replace them with people who could be working on the game. Perhaps people wouldn't leave these type of comments if the trailers were good.

Oh God. It looks like it might have... a single player campaign. DUN DUN DUUUUUN

And that's bad news. I'll only play multiplayer if I even get it at all anyway.

The Gentleman:
Anyone getting a lot of Metal of Honor deja vu?

Also, the game is over six months out and they're already teasing DLC? That's never a good sign...

Possibly, possibly not. The most popular map overall on BF2 /was/ Karkand. Dangling a Karkand expansion free may just bring more response from the people who couldn't get enough of it, even with all the jillion 24/7 Karkand servers. :p

While it does look graphically good, based on Bad Company 2, I don't hold much faith it BF3

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here