Top 5 with Lisa Foiles: Top 5 Best Celebrity Voiceovers

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Top 5 Best Celebrity Voiceovers

Liam Neeson, Samuel L. Jackson, Simon Pegg - it's great when celebrities lend their voice talents to our favorite games! In this list, Lisa narrows down the five best celebrity voice cameos.

Watch Video

That is the greatest ringtone......ever.

Ah, the "Scrubs" emotional moment.

"Sometimes, when there's a real emotional moment, I hear this music in my head and it's like..."

Lisa makes with the awesome.

The American's unfamiliarity with Stephen Fry... disappoints me.

If anyone needs me, I'll be in the angry dome.

Ah, Mon Capitaine Picard. In addition to being my favorite Trek Captain he's one of my favorite actors generally. Also, every time I see Samuel Jackson I immediately think of Master Windu.

Thumbs up Lisa.

Sorry but not all geeks like or care about Fillion

Lisa missed one of my personal favorites: the late great Robert Culp as Dr. Wallace Breen in Half-Life 2. It's not easy to make a villain that's both realistic and utterly hateable, but Culp pulled it off brilliantly.

I don't like Nathan Fillion. Of the 5 episodes of Firefly my ex forced me to watch, he gave a flat, uninspiring performance in all of them.
He wasn't bad in ODST, though.

I was so disappointed when Stephen Frys' work on Little Big Planet went unnoticed.

What about Adam Baldwin?! He was in ODST my favorite voic over EVER! He was ALSO in firefly and is currently in CHUCK? now i'm sad Lisa.

Nice list, but Liam Neeson should be #1 on every list, regardless of genre.

Robert Culp died last year *manly tears*

*sits back and chuckles at people argue over a topic that CANNOT BE RESOLVED EVER*

Seriously, everyone's going to have their preference, and no one will be able to agree over order. I think what we all can agree on is that this is a GOOD list, worthy of sparring discussion.

(And am I wrong, or is Top 5 the most divisive video on The Escapist?)

TheAdam:
I was so disappointed when Stephen Frys' work on Little Big Planet went unnoticed.

Amen. Though I doubt Lisa would know who he is, I don't think he's big state-side

Scrubs sad music! My day is made :D (Yes, I will comment on every video you use Scrubs sad music, because, frankly, I giggle like a little girl every time it happens)

Also, good list, but I have to agree, hearing Stephen Fry explaining what happens to Sackboy when he pops is the awesomest part in voiceover history

Noxshadow:
I don't like Nathan Fillion. Of the 5 episodes of Firefly my ex forced me to watch, he gave a flat, uninspiring performance in all of them.
He wasn't bad in ODST, though.

Oh thank God I'm not the only person in the world who isn't infatuated with Fillion. UGH, I despise that guy.

Infernoshadow211:
Nice list, but Liam Neeson should be #1 on every list, regardless of genre.

That man's voice is pure happiness injected straight into the ears.

Daystar Clarion:

I shall join you. Stephen Fry's voice in LBP was pure gold.

I think she forgot Leonard Nimoy in Civilisation 4, he was the reason I created things

Did she mispronounce Mal? Sounded like she said "Mull" to me.

Other than that, great video!

The whole video I kept thinking "WHERE'S ZOBEK!?!?" and lo and behold, Stewart gets #1! Unsurprising I suppose, given Foiles' proclivity to raving about Lords of Shadow (Great game by the by), but I was definitely happy to see him get numero uno. He bloody well makes the game almost, or at least the story.

you missed christopher lee from everquest 2 he was awesome

Not the top five I would have done but then again, I couldn't even narrow it down to five great actors in videogames personally.

And as long as Lisa keeps the videos rolling, I'll keep watching, and undoubtedly a load of people will keep whining about how awful it is when it would seem like the obvious choice is to just stop watching if you hate it so much.

And Nathan Fillion is awesome. Though I do object whenever someone says that he plays the same character in everything he's in, because that's neither true or fair.

Captain Underbeard:

TheAdam:

Amen. Though I doubt Lisa would know who he is, I don't think he's big state-side

Just say he was the talk-show host from V for Vendetta, then they'll know who you're talking about. For myself, I'll always remember Frye and Laurie from Blackadder.

Seriously what the fuck happend to Amanda Bynes' face?

lol yeah, it's hard to not include Patrick Stewart in this list... he's in like as many games as Nolan North already.

I love the The Cheat and the Homestar shirts you own. HUUUUUUGE Homestar fan here.

When you told the story about Tolkien and Zerkis, well I facepalmed. But I felt for you, I really did. The kind of embarassment you never really live down like when you mis-identify a pregnancy and say "congratulations!, is it a biy or a girl?" Only to be met with a stare that could kill a man. But you can laugh about it later right? Right?!?

Thanks for sharing. Good vid as always.

Nice box of Count Chocula :) Mr Burns' cereal of choice! "Hmm, I suppose this one looks a bit like me."

No mark Hamill or Tim Curry? That's a dang shame that is.

Frank_Sinatra_:

Daystar Clarion:

I shall join you. Stephen Fry's voice in LBP was pure gold.

Make room for me as well. I made new accounts on my PS3 just so I can hear him in the intro and beyond again and again.

Wow... Your extremely easy on the eyes... With a brain to boot... You've also got a nice voice... Erm... Anyway awkward compliments aside I would like to ask who Nathan Fillion is. I'll be honest with you all, I don't watch much T.V these days so maybe I've missed something... Or unless he's from a recent cool movie that I've missed. Either way, I'm not sure who he is. Though I have heard his name pop up before, mostly from people being a little peveed that he's not playing Nathan Drake... Other than that not heard on him.

Good list though, some are a little different from my choices however still a good list.

Castlevania would have gotten two for me. Having both Robert Carlyle and Patrick Stewart. Could have also given it for Jason Issacs too but that would have been a little unfair.

Ahhh yes, good to see Seth Green as Joker getting a place on the list.

Nope. Good list, but when I saw John Kleese in the intro I thought for sure she was going to put him on the list. The funniest voiceover I have ever heard in a video game was Kleese as "the bomb" in Starship Titanic.
http://shop.starshiptitanic.com/game/index.html

i get as giddy as a school girl when i hear Liam Neeson or Patrick stuart in my video games

SO much disappointment that you left off Mark Hamill. Not even an honorable mention? Shame.

It was nice to see Seth as Joker on there. I'm playing through ME2...again.

But what about David Keith....or Keith David...I can never remember. CAPTAIN ANDERSON!!

And yes, I agree about Stephen Fry as well. He's brilliant.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here