Top 5 with Lisa Foiles: Top 5 Hardware Super Fails

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Top 5 Hardware Super Fails

Didn't you love sticking your face in Nintendo's Virtual Boy until you nearly vomited? What about the Power Glove? The Atari Mindlink? Here are the Top 5 worst consoles and peripherals ever offered to gamers.

Watch Video

I for one want to see a list of the game whoses graphic were too advance for their era and bombed because of it and ended up being forgotten when most computer ended up with capacity required

Would have liked to see the N-Gage in there.

It was absolutely terrible, everyone in my class had the GBA, but one guy had an N-Gage. Oh, how we laughed and mocked his inferior handeld.

Had no idea that any of those even existed...

Wow. Was the first thing you mentioned real? LOL MIND READER? Hahahah!

Weird how Sega had the Kinect line too. "you are the controller".

But I <3 The power glove :D

I won't google it, tooo lazy.

I couldn't read her shirt! All episode long, I was like, "Dammit girlie, stand still so I can read your shirt!" and she was all,"Long hair lols time to spaz harder!"

Then at the end, she taunted me with a demand for me to read her shirt. WHY MUST YOU TAUNT ME?!

But no, seriously. I tried, failed, gave up, then tried again. Anyone know what's on it?

Who remembers that weird game like the number #1 fail that didn't have a stand, you literally held the thing to your face and had to move around to control it, it has some weird shooter game installed. I didn't feel good afer using that. :(

Hey, the power glove wasn't a complete fail! After all, the Angry Video Game Nerd nailed the landing with it in Top Gun where he couldn't with a normal controller...

Jeff, get him a beer.

I hate the obligatory "worst console" list. That list has popped up everywhere from ScrewAttack to Cracked. Glad it's done so we can get back to our regularly scheduled program.

zaro27:
I couldn't read her shirt! All episode long, I was like, "Dammit girlie, stand still so I can read your shirt!" and she was all,"Long hair lols time to spaz harder!"

Then at the end, she taunted me with a demand for me to read her shirt. WHY MUST YOU TAUNT ME?!

But no, seriously. I tried, failed, gave up, then tried again. Anyone know what's on it?

lol no idea. All I know is it's one of those custom shirts with what I believe is an "x + y" relationship acknowledgment.

zaro27:

I do believe it says "Zach and Kelly 4ever", a reference to Saved by the Bell. Yah, I know I'm awesome =P

OT: I'd only heard of the Sega one, and that was recently. PC gaming was more my thing as a kid >_>

Lisa...were you even alive for most of these? I know I was and man were they all cutting edge. But you left out Neo-Geo and the Atari Jaguar without even so much as a nod. Both were not only horrible, but they were expensive as all get out. I owned both and had I not, I might've put myself through med school.

I thought Keith Apicary was going to be the virtual boy expert :(

seriously, listen to all the Do Nots XD

rockingnic:
Hey, the power glove wasn't a complete fail! After all, the Angry Video Game Nerd nailed the landing with it in Top Gun where he couldn't with a normal controller...

Ok, so the power glove can do 1 thing, make a succesful landing in Top Gear, but didn't do so well with Mario Bros 3 :3

OT: I remember those...not from personal experience, to young, but watching AVGN videos about old consoles and nintendo peripherals xD

Lewis Carroll was Anglican mathematican, as he was sober and not-on-the-opium-or-any-other-drug as a man can be, and circumstances under he wrote Alice are time consuming to list so Google them Lisa, but he diffinetly wasn't intoxicated.

I always wanted to try the virtual boy. I really wanted to play the original wario land.

I think I'm the only person who actually liked the Virtual Boy. I begged my parents for one for Christmas when it was like 100 dollars, but they never got me one. It's probably a good thing they didn't because I got one for like 20 bucks brand new when they went on clearance in the following March. Yeah, it was never worth $100, but I had fun with it. Still kicking myself for not getting all the games when they were cheap, as well as picking up a power adaptor.

Sega Activator = Crappy version of Para para controller. Seriously, Para Para Paradise controller looked so much like that (except it was for arcades so it had to have something called armour around it :P

What's funny is that the same crappy things are being sold to us today.
You are the controller my ass.

Also no that shirt isn't awesome.

Hey, maybe that's why SEGA haven't folded yet! MSFT gave them millions of pounds to use the "You are the controller" slogan!

Also: what was wrong with the Vectrex? D:

But I loved the Intellivision. I still have one that works. C'mon, it was the first console to have games that talked!

Aptspire:

seriously, listen to all the Do Nots XD

*Pats thumbs on their backs* Keep up the good work, guys.

OT: I had only heard about 2 of those... and that was really 2 too many.

I could swear Cracked.com did a VERY similar article that had at LEAST 4 of those mentioned ( http://www.cracked.com/article_16334_the-6-most-ill-conceived-video-game-accessories-ever.html ). I played a VirtualBoy before- it wasn't that bad... it had a FANTASTIC pinball game I remember. Just the whole EVERYTHING IS RED thing kind of makes your head throb after a while.

The 'Alphagrip AG-5 PC Gaming and Text Entry Controller' is still the best one from the Cracked article :D Read it and you'll see why.

I do have to agree though, the Sega Activator makes people look retarded more than it makes gaming enjoyable... then again... look up a horrendous atrocity of a game called 'Para Para'...

zelda2fanboy:
I think I'm the only person who actually liked the Virtual Boy. I begged my parents for one for Christmas when it was like 100 dollars, but they never got me one. It's probably a good thing they didn't because I got one for like 20 bucks brand new when they went on clearance in the following March. Yeah, it was never worth $100, but I had fun with it. Still kicking myself for not getting all the games when they were cheap, as well as picking up a power adaptor.

I for one really enjoyed my Virtual Boy. I love the tennis game, Mario clash and Teleroboxer. I still have mine and bust it out occasionally. I never experienced any headaches or nausea from playing it either but I guess some people even get sick at Avatar. Maybe some people just can't handle artificial 3D?

Daystar Clarion:
Would have liked to see the N-Gage in there.

It was absolutely terrible, everyone in my class had the GBA, but one guy had an N-Gage. Oh, how we laughed and mocked his inferior handeld.

I remember that thing. Now.

I was happy not remembering it.

zelda2fanboy:

No no, you're not alone, re: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/6.266570.10245616

:P, I played it at boarding school when a rather... wealthy friend brought his one in, and let us play it when he isn't.

Im surprised the Lynx wasnt on here, with its amazing ability to devour six AA batteries every 4 hours even with the sound and backlighting off.

All in all the Lynx was ok, just had some miserable drawbacks.

Oh and the Atari Jaguar, which was marketed as the first 64-bit console.

I find it kind of lame to have the Virtual Boy on the top, too predictable, there must be other things that deserve more notice.

No Screech, no cred.

I hope Lisa Foiles wakes up every morning and thanks God/Allah/Yaweh/Zues/Shiva Buddha/Bob/genetics/whoever that she's hot, cause otherwise she'd be in a WORLD of trouble.

WTF!?!?! Honorable mention for the Vectrex?!?!?!? The Vectrex was awesome!

AAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaah... Saved by the Bell... really? Sabrina was a thousands times better.

"Speak English!" *chuckle* aaaarw Salem, definatly one of the best mascot characters out there.

The only ones I remember were the Powerglove and Virtual Boy.

Damn a bunch of junk XD I never actually seen any of that stuff in real life.

incidently, awesome shirt indeed. you're wearing it after all ;)

I guess I'm one of those people who never had problems with the VirtualBoy.
Red Alert was awesome.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or