Trailers: Dead Space 2 Severed Trailer

Dead Space 2 Severed Trailer

The crew from Dead Space: Extraction is back in Severed, the DLC pack that follows them during the events of Dead Space 2.

Watch Video

Dead space 2 DLC just doesn't seem... right.

This storyline seems a bit more engaging than the original for Dead Space 2 and the enemies seem alot more creative. Voice acting still sounds forced and unnatural which kinda kept me from getting immersed but his armour looks so cool!

Still, not my kinda thing really. If its only a hand full of levels l might skip this one.

Looks interesting, which is the whole point of the trailer.

I'll wait for post release reviews on this before I decide.

What happened to Nathan, the guy we played (mostly) as in Extraction? I mean I understand we can't play as him in the DLC cause he lost his hand killing the final boss, but he escaped too. It just doesn't make sense to drop a character like that.

The Twichers where one of the scarier Necromorphs in Dead Space 1, great they're coming back... however they're coming back... So it's not like they added any real new Necromorphs although they probably tweaked him a bit.

GoGo_Boy:
The Twichers where one of the scarier Necromorphs in Dead Space 1, great they're coming back... however they're coming back... So it's not like they added any real new Necromorphs although they probably tweaked him a bit.

For a second I thought I saw a Twicher-Divider, but I'm not certain. Gah, I'm going to stop thinking about that possibility...

More of the same anyone?

idk, without Isaac it doesnt seem right, maybe the rail shooters are good for these other characters, but straight up Dead Space game needs Clarke

Interesting. I always like the idea of DLC from an extraneous character's perspective, seem's like the kind of expansion DLC should thrive on.

Reminds me of the expansion packs for Half Life

Voice actor sounded kinda subpar, not that the voice acting in DS is award winng but its usually way better then that :S

Well considering I'm on my 6th playthrough this should be a nice change of pace.

Also I'm wondering if completing the DLC will have any effect in the main game (mostly because that armor is badass, but if there were some new logs maybe a new weapon Isaac could get I would be a happy panda)

dosen't one of the three survivors turn into a necro on the escape shuttle? i remember that from the end of extraction

I didn't love the story of, or the character interaction in, DS2 but I do like the look of this one. I'm definitely going to be giving this a go.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here