Critical Miss: God Emperor of Steam #4

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Dead Island reference, FTW.

Joe Deadman:
Well that's episode 3 down the drain...

:(

Pfff, it wasnt going to be released anyways...

Chad died as he lived: a true Bro

oneplus999:
I think in God Emperor of Dune, at the end he dies after falling? It's been so long I forget.

Kinda: That fish speaker blows up the bridge he's crossing and he falls into the river. It's the water that kills him though, not the fall.

Damn, that was done well

Zachary Amaranth:

unacomn:
Very nice. But without Gabe, who's going to turn Steam back on?

Nobody. The world will rebuild, forget Steam, and become a better place for not becoming so utterly dependent on one service that this could happen.

Oh no, that would inconvenience some fanboys. retracted.

can you really be a fanboy of something that ended?

answer: yes, Tabula Rasa.

fuck NC for closing that game.

OT! looks like Gabe........

BROke his back, amirite?

Two to the chest and still fighting...
That's how high Slowbro's defense is. If the choices he made in his life made him a Slowking, we wouldn't even be having this conversation right now. 'affirming nod'

Greyfox105:
Dammit, you got me whistling the music from the Dead Island trailer >.>
I've found these comics interesting, and I just happened to get my internet connection working in time to catch this newest one >.>
What a lucky coincidence >.>

I actually started tearing up when I got the reference....so sad :(

R.I.P Chad.

*Sniff* Evil Villians don't cry.....*Cries* WAAAAGH DX

Cool story bro!

And great comic xD you have me laughing everytime.

Iklwa:
Uhm.....I don't get it. MUST READ MORE.

Dead Island Parody, where it showed a little girl zombiefied and tossed out a window in slow-motion reverse while offering clips if the parents fighting off a horde

I love how you've worked all the current hot topics and memes last few pages. I really love your art details involved in the paneling as well.

I'm not sure if I can call it really creative but definitely innovative and fresh, which is a far cry from a lot of other video game webcomics.

That was actually kind of sad :'(

Nice Lost reference :)
Good comic series, although I maintain you should have used the God-Emperor of Mankind from Warhammer 40,000. Would have been more epic, with chainswords and bolters firing....

I'm not sure why but the MGS1 theme came into my head when I was reading this :P

*claps really slowly*

Excellent. Critical Miss always makes me laugh.

Aw man, this is even sadder than the Dead Island trailer!

Lord_Ascendant:
Nice Lost reference :)
Good comic series, although I maintain you should have used the God-Emperor of Mankind from Warhammer 40,000. Would have been more epic, with chainswords and bolters firing....

Lost? No, this is a reference to the new Dead Island trailer.

Argh, Dead Island reference. It's turning into a meme or something.

Poor chad...he missed the last train to awesometown. Bro no more.
Where Chad has failed, the rest of team rare candy will prevail.

Bro <3

SoulChaserJ:
Very nice Dead Island reference. Although it still makes me wonder if anything but that trailer will be remembered post release. I mean that game has been delayed for over 2 years.

The irony of it being on Valve Time in THIS comic just hit me...

Brilliant! I was confused at first and then it dawned on me.

Well, this whole God Emperor of Steam thing is wierd but this was a clever trope.

I started the trailer and started an auto scroll down the comic at the same time. They ended within 5 seconds of each other...was that planned?

dalek sec:

Nice job on this one, does this mean Gabe is doomed to spend the rest of his life on the Golden Throne now to power Steam?

that woudl be the most awesome thing ever.

Wow, nice idea of using Dead Island reference...Sad and beautiful simultaneously... Sorry, something fell into my eye

That's pretty epic. Good job.

It seems like the most obvious thing in the world, but has anyone ever done a comic in reverse like this before? I can practically hear Scott McCloud gibbering excitedly about limitless possibilities again.

Critical Miss instantly became a favourite webcomic of mine the first one I read.

Now with this Emperor of Steam arc it is now my favourite, by a long shot.

i only cottoned on half way through, but i really like the strip and the mini-series. Thanks.

I was thinking MGS music, but the backwards trailer always reminded me of that coldplay "the scientist"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxNJHuM0Js0 esp the last minute. Is that just me?

Greyfox105:
Dammit, you got me whistling the music from the Dead Island trailer >.>

I was whistling the "Always Look On The Bright Side of Life" song.

Nice reference.

But it reminded me of the Dead Island trailer and now I am sadface.

Wow...speechless :P No Chad noo!

Wait, is SlowBro resistant to ground attacks?

Iklwa:
Uhm.....I don't get it. MUST READ MORE.

Just search for "Dead Island Trailer" on YouTube and everything shall become clear ;)

Not sure I liked the sudden shift to Dead Island territory now. In any case, NO!!! SLOBRO WHY!!???

but but but... why he shut down steam? Now i'll never know!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here