Critical Miss: God Emperor of Steam #4

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

I immediately said "Oh shit, no." Then I Rolled on the floor Rofl'ing.
Think about that for a second.

Cool Dead Island trailer theme..........but no family montage at the end to make me tear up

AssassinJoe:

Lord_Ascendant:
Nice Lost reference :)
Good comic series, although I maintain you should have used the God-Emperor of Mankind from Warhammer 40,000. Would have been more epic, with chainswords and bolters firing....

Lost? No, this is a reference to the new Dead Island trailer.

Or any of the other famous properties that used this same narrative device before now. Such as Memento. Or Irreversible. Or All Along the Watchtower. Or episodes of Lost, the X-Files and Star Trek.

It is actually a pretty common narrative device.

I remember when this comic was about videogames and not absurd pastiches of pop culture references.

I'm glad that this series of critical miss is over. Not because I didn't like it, but finally some closure. Maybe we'll get the rest of the closure next week.

carnege4:
I arrived from school now.

I..i..i can't believe it.

NO
NO, NO
BRO
NO

:(

I feel the same way. This and the Comic before made me want to cry

When I read the 'sad piano music' line, I didn't think of Dead Island, I thought of Scrubs. Then I found out I was thinking of the wrong reference, so I was all

"ba-ba-dah-dah-dee-dah-dah-daaaaah,
ba-ba-dah-dah-dee-dah-dah-daaaaaaaaaah....."

Just how many references is in this overall, though? There's Gabe in Ozymandias' outfit, called the God-Emperor of steam, oh, and the Bioshock reference from the last Children of Steam, and then this dead island reference. I know there's more though, I must know.

I actually thought the Dead Island trailer reference was absolutely hilarious, idk, could just be me

arkwright:

RT-shotgun-support:
Nice reference. So how did they get STEAM back on?

easy. turn the VALVE.

I need to kill you before anyone else sees that.

oneplus999:
I think in God Emperor of Dune, at the end he dies after falling? It's been so long I forget.

He falls into a river, and splits into roughly a gazillion sandtrout.
Great comic, and a nice reference. As said above, it's missing the music

Oh, right, see what you did there. It took me two panels, I should have caught it at the eye...

haha lol XD that is genius XD keep on keep'in on man!

Excellent use of reversal to tell the story. Very artistic.

OH, I GET IT NOW!

I feel so proud of myself.

Is there a...joke? Or a point? Or anything other than "Hey a scene from the Watchmen. Except with Slowbro"

Haha, I thought the first slide was a peice of GlaDos when I first saw it.

Ha pretty awesome, I wonder what's next for Steam?
Noooo SlowBro!!!!

I remember the girl was holding on to her father in the trailer.

By swapping their roles with Slowbro and Gabe, you missed an arbitary "I'm your father." meme.

unacomn:
Very nice. But without Gabe, who's going to turn Steam back on?

Good question... team Garry perhaps?

Awesome! :D I really enjoyed that one; a great way to end the arc (or is it the end...?!)

Simply terrific. I cried.

MBurner 93:
I started the trailer and started an auto scroll down the comic at the same time. They ended within 5 seconds of each other...was that planned?

No but that IS awesome.

We solute you slowbro... bro.

Iklwa:
Uhm.....I don't get it. MUST READ MORE.

read it in reverse to see what happend

The music came to my head right when I realized what was going on! Awesome

Great comic. Let us honour our fallen bro's sacrifice with a minutes high five. Less we forget

NOOOO!!!!

You killed Gabe! How dare you?!

Anyway, nice reference to the Dead Island trailer. I suppose this really has been made up on the fly then?

Yep. This is straight-up genius.

rokkolpo:
Haha, love this, I didn't even get it till like the last two.

yeah, soon as i saw him falling out of the window with chad on his back i knew how it was gonna play out because i had seen the dead island trailer. (that trailer still depresses me though, but im liking the parody)

I should have known. As soon as I saw the trailer this week, I should have known you guys would do something about it. And by Io, it works. Kudos, friends. Kudos.

You just had to remind me of that trailer, didn't you.

Serenegoose:

Just how many references is in this overall, though? There's Gabe in Ozymandias' outfit, called the God-Emperor of steam, oh, and the Bioshock reference from the last Children of Steam, and then this dead island reference. I know there's more though, I must know.

Well, the entire part where they first find Gabe is taken right from watchmen. The fork and the punching and the "Manners." and the throwing and whatnot.

HK_01:
NOOOO!!!!

You killed Gabe! How dare you?!

No one must kill the emperor of PC gaming! No one! *Cries*

RT-shotgun-support:

arkwright:

RT-shotgun-support:
Nice reference. So how did they get STEAM back on?

easy. turn the VALVE.

I need to kill you before anyone else sees that.

too late muhahhahhahahahaaa

Nooo, my Emperor !

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook