Trailers: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Trailer

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Trailer

The dragons are returning in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

Watch Video

Woop Woop! The graphics are puuuurtty! I'd like to see how the combat handles tho.

Not sure how I feel about it being first person. I wanna see myself strut around in shiny armor.

I'm hoping for a magic trailer down the line. But Bethesda tends to hype story and setting in trailers...

And I really hope that Skyrim has a Mage's Guild.

HankMan:
Not sure how I feel about it being first person. I wanna see myself strut around in shiny armor.

I'm pretty sure like all Elder Scrolls games, it will be toggle between first OR third person.

It's the setting that makes me ponder. As much as I like the humble towns, the big cities were the most impressive part of the previous games.

Pretty trailer, but I don't think I'll be buying it. I've really gone off the Elder scrolls series, and this hasn't inspired me particularly

ZombieGenesis:

HankMan:

I'm pretty sure like all Elder Scrolls games, it will be toggle between first OR third person.

It's the setting that makes me ponder. As much as I like the humble towns, the big cities were the most impressive part of the previous games.

Oh i agree although Oblivion in my opinion needed more and better humble towns.

The music alone sold the game to me, the game itself / nordic culture / dragons / dungeons / whatever are just a bonus.

Now then, where do I put the money?

ZombieGenesis:

HankMan:

I hope the third person controls better and the animations are less stiff, judging from the trailer, which I actually can't tell how much of it features real gameplay, that seems to be the case.

In general it looks much prettier, the landscape, the people (thank god!).

I'm tenatively excited for this one.

Now this just might be the first Elder Scrolls game I'll try.

Looks amazing, but i don't have 60$ to spend on 100hrs+ of "pwitty". I got over that with Marrowind.

WOW! Well unlike most of the posts so far I am SYKED about this game. If you're not into open world RPGs then of course you wont care, but if you are THIS is THE game. Looks like they've improved the fighting system too.

Oh, and I think someone said that they don't like it being in 1st person... You should be able to play in 3rd as well.

This looks very much like a game I would happily spend my money on.
But 11.11.? I hate those early announcements. Wake me up when it's shipping.

pretty excited for this. OH btw, did anyone else catch that the music in the trailer is a remix of the theme from morrowind? listen closely.

Coldie:
The music alone sold the game to me, the game itself / nordic culture / dragons / dungeons / whatever are just a bonus.

Now then, where do I put the money?

This.

Also time to beef up ye ol PC beast. This game may be stressfull. On my last rig I had to sacrafice goats to run Oblivion on the highest settings.

Skeptical but hopeful. The charm and dazzle of Oblivion wore off not a few hours into the game but this could be the redeemer of a sequel. Depending on impressions going forward I may actually buy a new rig for this one.

HankMan:

They have 3rd person. AND they brushed it up from Oblivion to actually make it playable in 3rd person. So rejoice!

That is the most beautiful trailer I have ever seen in my entire life. And an amazing choir to and symphony to boot. Don't disappoint Bethesda. I'll be waiting.

Holy crap that looks good. And thank god they've improved the animations

If some of what we saw is actual gameplay than I am pumped up! The sneak attack looked killer & the environment looks much more immersive than Oblivion's!

But I didn't see any spears :(

(Manipadme iandagy)

woot soooo pumped

Nooooooooooooo! Why show us a trailer then make us wait 8 months to play it!

They had me at Bethesda.

I'm critical of the trailer here. Doctoring those isn't hard, so I'm not entirely sold.

Valagetti:
They had me at Bethesda.

thegreatkenji:
pretty excited for this. OH btw, did anyone else catch that the music in the trailer is a remix of the theme from morrowind? listen closely.

It's not actually a remix. It's its own theme, it's just been reworked, if you will.

Frieswiththat:

thegreatkenji:

It's not actually a remix. It's its own theme, it's just been reworked, if you will.

I thought the score sounded magnificent. Definitely can hear strains from Morrowind and Oblivion, but it is it's own theme.

I'll buy it, and I'll sink hours into it, and I'll beat it. Because I am a hopeless Elder Scrolls addict. I'm just hoping against hope that they get all of the gamebreaking bugs out before release this time.

But I know they won't.

darth gditch:

Frieswiththat:

thegreatkenji:

I thought the score sounded magnificent. Definitely can hear strains from Morrowind and Oblivion, but it is it's own theme.

'Reworked' was the wrong term to use. I would say that the Skyrim theme has elements of both Oblivion's and Morrowind's themes, although it does sound closer to Morrowind's in most places. In any case, the music is fantastic! I absolutely cannot wait for this to come out!

-Ulven-:

HankMan:

They have 3rd person. AND they brushed it up from Oblivion to actually make it playable in 3rd person. So rejoice!

I'm conflicted about this.

Bethesda games were always first and foremost 1st person RPGs, and 3rd person was intentionally known as 'Vanity mode' because it was just something to view your character in, not to actually play in. People didn't figure this out in Oblivion and kept on complaining about how bad 3rd person was.

Now, if they're spending time on developing 3rd person mode, it's going to take time and resources away from perfecting 1st person. Seems like unnecessary pandering to a portion of the fanbase that just doesn't understand what Bethesda games are all about.

Let me give an example. Bethesda games aren't about seeing your glorious hero in 3rd person framed by the rising sun in a magnificent pose. They're more about seeing the sun coming over the horizon and peeking through the trees from far off in 1st person mode, and experiencing it like you're seeing it through your own eyes. Preferably after a long slog through densely skeleton-infested woodlands.

Dear Bethesda: You owe me a new pair of pants.

2011 will go down as the most epic gaming year of all time!!!
DA2, SG2TW, ME3 and know this!!! And if Blizzard can learn to work more than 2 hours a day, maybe Diablo3 will join us as well!

This trailer gave me the horn, I'm pre-ordering it today.

I just had a scissure of epicness when watching that... I am going to assimilate with my computer chair, I can see it now.

I absolutely cannot WAIT..............to start modding this game.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here