Trailers: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Trailer

Pages PREV 1 2 3

IzisviAziria:

danyetman:
snipped the great wall

so your biggest complaint is that instead of rushing a game out unfinished, they took their time to craft something truly great?

Ya, that makes sense.

Incorrect; you seem to have missed the forest for the trees, as it were. As I made mention in my massive wall o' text:

"Now, I'm not saying that Bethesda should push unfinished products out the door the first chance they get; that's a sure-fire way to total consumer loyalty"

My gripe was only that we've been effectively under a blackout as far as development goodies are concerned. Admittedly, there is something of a fine line re: the subject of showcase vs. substance, but I would have accepted (if not been particularly satisfied by) a "Hey! We're working on the next Elder Scrolls!" tag on their website.

Onyx Oblivion:
I'm hoping for a magic trailer down the line. But Bethesda tends to hype story and setting in trailers...

And I really hope that Skyrim has a Mage's Guild.

and an assasins guild or some kind of new cult along the lines of the black hand

I'd love to re create my bow/dagger assasin summoner

sorry about the double post but ... did i see a werewolf????? ... if there's some epic hidden story about some beef between vamps and wolves that would be jizztastic

Liquid Paradox:
Well, I have to say, the game does look awesome, although there is one thing I noticed... it seems to me that the story here leaves little room for the possibility of playing a race other then a Nord. Yes, I realize that the game does indeed take place in Skyrim, but my favorite part about playing Morrowind and Oblivion was the ability to create characters of multiple races, allowing for a multitude of play styles.

After Dragon Age 2 only allowing me to play as a human, I will be rather sad if Skyrim does the same.

They're probably only showing the Nords at the minute because...well, it's Skyrim, like you said. They'll probably release previews of the other races in teasers in the *sigh* eight months leading up to release. It'd be a big backwards step to leave out other races.
I'm hoping for a big improvement in NPC voice acting here. Maybe it's just me, but hearing one bored actor recite, what, 4 lines of dialogue?, really got on my nerves in Oblivion.

Slightly off topic, for those of you who played Morrowind, would it be worth playing it now? I've only ever played Oblivion in the Elder Scrolls series.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here