Trailers: F.E.A.R. 3 Behind the Scenes Trailer

F.E.A.R. 3 Behind the Scenes Trailer

A look behind the scenes at the sound, level design, and art style featured in in F.E.A.R. 3.

Watch Video

"Oh goodie! Maybe this game will revive my hope in the series!"
*more naked Alma scenes*
*bashes head against desk repeatedly*

Oh how cute. They actually think they are making a horror game.

I might be willing to give them the time of day if they would just take that damn 3 out of the middle of the word "fear". I mean, come on, F.3.A.R.? Who comes up with this crap? And why didn't the nearest person slap them silly the first time they suggested it?

This one's looking better than F.E.A.R. 2. Although I thought I saw an ATC Security guy in the trailer. How are any of these people left? Honestly? Point Man cleared them out of the building, Becket wiped out their black ops teams, and Fetal's clone killed the rest. Where are they coming from and how much are they getting paid to keep throwing their lives away on suicide missions?
Anyone else wonder what the rest of the world is doing while this one city goes to Hell in a hand basket? I saw some fighter jets in there, so maybe the government has finally dispatched a response. Also, can we please find out what happened the the rest of the Point Man's team?
Very excited for this.

This game is going to have alot of competition this year. I don't think its going to do so well.

Meh, I never played any fear games so I don't know if the first installments were good. But this footage does not really make me getting interested into the series.

It's FEAR 2 all over again me thinks. Fun to play, but may suck in the horror department.

On the subject of Fear 2: Are they ever going to get around to explaining that horribly confusing ending? Seriously, that ending made no fucking sense (No pun intended).

R.e.p.e.t.i.t.i.v.e.n.e.s.s.

The music sounds okay, graphics are drab.

It does indeed look more of the same (but some would argue that's a good thing)
But I am interested in the storyline/plot. FEAR 2 was a massive letdown in this department and that's why it's treated so badly. Also in it's schizophrenic inconsistency and it's inelegant change of tone and... wow... FEAR 2 sucked... (yes I do have both)

Zhukov:
Oh how cute. They actually think they are making a horror game.

I have to admit, I laughed XD

OT:After the colossal disappointment that FEAR2 was to me, I doubt this'll be as awesome as it should. I will give the game a chance though.

Infernai:
On the subject of Fear 2: Are they ever going to get around to explaining that horribly confusing ending? Seriously, that ending made no fucking sense (No pun intended).

What is there that's so confusing?

The FEAR series is just one game with an ever repeated plot and list of locations.

Your a silent protagonist.
Go to an office building.
Go to a hospital.
Go to a subway station.
Go to an underground lab.
Go visit Alma in other lab.

The first game, both add-ons AND fear2 had exactly this plot (minus one of the add-ons skipped revisiting alma, but all four had the hospital and subway).
Only Fear2 came up with the great idea of having the ATC wear helemts making them utterly indistinguishable from the replicant soldiers and only having one voice actor. I honestly felt like I was fighting one set of copy pasted foes for the ENTIRE GAME.

FEAR3, has absolutely nothing new to offer by the look of it. I have absolutely zero enthuseasm for this game from what I've seen.

The graphics look the same as fear 2, it looks like it has no horror aspect, it looks generic, and now I feel like playing F.E.A.R 1 again to remember how you do a good horror FPS.

Dfskelleton:
"Oh goodie! Maybe this game will revive my hope in the series!"
*more naked Alma scenes*
*bashes head against desk repeatedly*

:)

The games were never that scary to begin with, and now with the whole co-op thing with Paxton Fettel, this thing will be about as scary as a poorly constructed haunted house in a carnival. I mean seriously, they just completely ignored the first law of horror: "A person will be more scared WHEN ALONE"

I'm actually looking forward to this one. Like pretty much every other title this year: I'll be waiting on feedback. I thought Fear 2 was a good game that had its moments and was overshadowed by the original.

Sniper Team 4:
This one's looking better than F.E.A.R. 2. Although I thought I saw an ATC Security guy in the trailer. How are any of these people left? Honestly? Point Man cleared them out of the building, Becket wiped out their black ops teams, and Fetal's clone killed the rest. Where are they coming from and how much are they getting paid to keep throwing their lives away on suicide missions?
Anyone else wonder what the rest of the world is doing while this one city goes to Hell in a hand basket? I saw some fighter jets in there, so maybe the government has finally dispatched a response. Also, can we please find out what happened the the rest of the Point Man's team?
Very excited for this.

From the same place that all the other countless suicidal enemies come from - 1 800 BAD GUYS

Anyway, I agree with the rest of what you say. I liked FEAR 2, but not much big ever happened in it. This series has never seemed to have anything on a larger scale until now, and this game seems to be making it more epic. However, this is made by the same people that made the expansions to FEAR 1, and while those weren't bad they weren't exactly great either. That's worry #1. My second worry is the person that came up with "Almaverse". What? That's one of the stupidest sounding names I've ever heard. Really? I can deal with it if the game is pretty good, though.

Also, FEAR hasn't been scary in the least since the first one, and even that one wasn't very scary after an hour or two.

believer258:

Sniper Team 4:
Very excited for this.

From the same place that all the other countless suicidal enemies come from - 1 800 BAD GUYS

Anyway, I agree with the rest of what you say. I liked FEAR 2, but not much big ever happened in it. This series has never seemed to have anything on a larger scale until now, and this game seems to be making it more epic. However, this is made by the same people that made the expansions to FEAR 1, and while those weren't bad they weren't exactly great either. That's worry #1. My second worry is the person that came up with "Almaverse". What? That's one of the stupidest sounding names I've ever heard. Really? I can deal with it if the game is pretty good, though.

Also, FEAR hasn't been scary in the least since the first one, and even that one wasn't very scary after an hour or two.

haha, my skype app wanted to dial that number!

my view on FEAR is that they haven't progressed the story or the enemy so its pretty much just "you know what the bad guy is, go into that dark building and flush it out" same as Dead space. its not fear of the unknown like a horror game should be, its simply mopping up the rest of the story which isn't a bad thing. The series has always been a shooter first and a horror second. I'll play this on the hardest difficulty for the thrill of it, worked with dead space, should work here.

honestly guys... play horror games (ESPECIALLY AMERICAN horror games) on harder difficulties and you'll get more out of it, this american style of in-your-face horror isn't scary unless what's in your face will brutalise you.

Here's hoping that the third time is a charm. Seriously, is it that hard to blend, BLEND, action and horror together rather than using a light switch-esque toggle? Googleback has right right idea with turning up the difficulty to add a little tension. It's a good time that works well until you find yourself down to 20% with no medkits and a boss battle to win.

if only it was scary

I want a release date! :(

Ive never really been scared by the Fear games besides small jumps, but I enjoyed them none the less. Im still looking forward to this.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here