Unskippable: Mafia II

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Mafia II

Paul and Graham try to avoid sleeping with the fishes.

Watch Video

The reason allot of smokers, myself included shelter the lighter even when inside is because of habits, one of the many hand motions that make you look crazy once you try to stop, luckily no one noticed when i tried to stop, mostly because me accidentally slapping myself kinda stole the show.

And what is the Danish flag doing in Italy, or if they are in Denmark what is the sun doing there? oh and good video :).

Holy crap, backtalking games, Skynet is coming closer every day people!

The ugly guy gets away, and the (relatively) good-looking one goes to jail, without any evidence against him apparently, since his friend had the goods. At best, he gets accessory, since no one knows who bricked the window. And what did they take... the glass? Window display looked just as full afterwards as before.

I know that someone said "you can't go home again" but no one ever does remember what his name was. Loved the dig at Catcher in Rye.
And Graham, it doesn't count as New York unless they show the Statue of Liberty on the way in.

Heh, cool that they poked fun at the text for beign too small so we don't have to...

Excuse me while I have flashbacks to the horrible ending.

OH GOD.

Graham_LRR:
Paul and Graham try to avoid sleeping with the fishes.

Why? Some fish can be kinda hot :3

I see what I did there
OT: Games starting to shush people and using subtitles so small most can't read it? What has the world come too?

I was sure Paul said something about not going home again.

OT: Is this game any good? I've been debating whether to play it or not.

It was Tom Wolfe who said you can never go home again. Or at least wrote it down, other people SAID it.

Hawaiian pronunciation? Ma-Fa-I-Ii??
Still, a Hawaiian Mafia sounds like a pretty good idea.

Also, way to work in a Majin reference with that rat. ^_^

Swaki:
And what is the Danish flag doing in Italy, or if they are in Denmark what is the sun doing there?

If you are referring to the flags at 4:41, that's the Swiss flag, not the Danish, pasted unto an Italian flag. Why they've done this, I don't know.

Man, the Roman numerals joke is just depressing. Because unfortunately there probably really are people now who can't figure out Roman numerals.

A good episode... though I'm kinda surprised you guys didn't crack a joke about how out of place some of the characters' accents are.

Also... I'm wondering if you guys ever considered bringing other people from the LRR crew in on Unskippable. Paul and Graham are great, but I think I'd like to hear how Kathleen, Alex, or Andy would make fun of a game.

Guys guys guys, before Doing MAFIA 2 you should've started doing MAFIA 1 !!! C'mon! i've already asked you (like a year and a half)! well at least it's great as usual !

ps: doesn't the house in the middle of the intro looks just like the one of "The Modern Times" where Chaplin lives with the Orphan lol...

not sure why but i found that 2k-czech joke at the start absolutely hilarious

I played this game, watched all the cutscenes. And yet I have absolutely no memory of that scene. I must have been to busy not caring about the crappy game that I paid too much for.

Funny show.

Haha you showed it by stopping.

Fanitullen:

Swaki:
And what is the Danish flag doing in Italy, or if they are in Denmark what is the sun doing there?

If you are referring to the flags at 4:41, that's the Swiss flag, not the Danish, pasted unto an Italian flag. Why they've done this, I don't know.

That used to be the flag of Italy.

This is the first episode of this for a while that I've actually had a good laugh at! Awesome!

I laughed out loud at the reference to Majin and The Forsaken Kingdom!

Everyone with suspenders or a vest? Worst fashion police ever!

Also:

Wahful:
I laughed out loud at the reference to Majin and The Forsaken Kingdom!

Indeed.

ah I'll try this game out someday

and aha a Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom reference xD
which I only know cuz of that other Unskippable...

Wow, the first time a game has actually talked back! Interesting...

"It's Okay. These watermelons will protect us."

[Enter: R. Lee Ermey with a B.A.R]

"Gaaarrgghaaha!"

All fascist watermelons must face the wrath of the Gunny.

teheheh..you didn't have that many jokes to crack this time, which is telling of a well-made cutscene ;)

While these have always been good, I feel they are getting better.

Hard for a game to show you up when you just stop, yo.

(Brilliant)

Fanitullen:

Swaki:

Actually it is the savoyan flag.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Savoy

It is on the flag since Italy was united under the kingdom of Sardinia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Italy_(1861%E2%80%931946)

therandombear:

I see what I did there?

I saw what you did there!

I must say I very much liked this first part of your Mafiaii Unskippable.

;-)

Oyster Bay is a town in Nassau County, Long island, which, for those unaware, is right next to Queens. So yeah, game never said it didn't take place in NY. And Nassau and Queens (as well as Brooklyn) actually what people picture most due to TV and Movies when thinkin of NYC. Just sayin. <(^__^)> Love you both (but Paul most mwah).

Finally, a game that dares to stand up against the tiranny of Unskippable! I salute you, Mafia 11!

SensibleCrout:
I must say I very much liked this first part of your Mafiaii Unskippable.

Nope, only one part.
:)

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook