Trailers: Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II - Retribution Trailer

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II - Retribution Trailer

Captain Gabriel Angelos introduces Retribution, the second expansion pack to Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II.

Watch Video

And the original Dawn of War intro remains as the undisputed, immortal Emperor of Warhammer 40k intros.

Seriously, that original intro is so awesome I had to stand by and watch through it every time I ran the game. All the following intros and trailers have been rather lame in comparison.

Yummy, but I would have preferred something more exotic than the guard for this one :(

Maybe the money being spent on the CGI is now going towards better development?

can't wait to sink my teeth into this one, need to delete some crap to make space...

TU4AR:
Yummy, but I would have preferred something more exotic than the guard for this one :(

I didn't see any IG in that trailer, I saw Daemonhunters.

If they're in there, Penitent Engines are certainly more exotic than the Guard.

TU4AR:

Like what? Marines that spam flamers(sisters), eldar with more boring commanders(dark eldar), plague marines who could realistically field at least one of all of their units ever without worrying about population caps(necrons), giant marines(grey knights) or another faction that sets their shooty infantry up in cover and never, ever leaves(tau)? A lot of 40k races just don't work well in DoW's format.

fix-the-spade:

TU4AR:

Nope, that Inquisitor is accompanying an IG taskforce that is performing an Exterminatus in the sector. There's a Leman Russ behind her.

double post

fix-the-spade:

TU4AR:

Sorry to destroy your hopes, but it's just Imperial Guard. The Inquisitor is just one of the three heroes available to them in multiplayer and is presumably in the campaign as well.

EDIT: Come to think of it, with Penitent Engines and that style of Inquisitor you're thinking of Witchhunters, not Daemonhunters.

The lord Commander looks fun to play as. Love noise marines though. This silence Offends Slannesh. As for the new trailer, looks great.

I'm looking forward to this. Pre-downloaded it and looking forward to giving it a little time later tonight. I had a lot of fun with the first one's campaign, but I could never quite get the hang of the multiplayer. Hoping to change that this time around.

I also loved the Last Stand. I dumped way too many hours into that. But I heard they only added a Guard hero and a new map. I really wish they would have expanded that more. I think two or three heroes per faction would add more variety, even if some were mirrors of each other. Like I don't see any reason you couldn't add a Chaos Space Marine and Space Marine Psyker to those factions and just make them mirrors of the existing units. Rinse, repeat for the rest. Oh well, I'm sure I'll still have a blast.

Hey, funny story, that voice actor played as the Chaos guy in Dark Crusade.

I just thought that was funny...

Asehujiko:
Like what? Marines that spam flamers(sisters), eldar with more boring commanders(dark eldar), plague marines who could realistically field at least one of all of their units ever without worrying about population caps(necrons), giant marines(grey knights) or another faction that sets their shooty infantry up in cover and never, ever leaves(tau)? A lot of 40k races just don't work well in DoW's format.

For DoWII, the IG are one of the lesser suited. Their focus on vehicles and cannon fodder doesn't sit well with the new format. That said, they could be able to tweak them in. Relic are good at what they do, they should be able to pull it off.

I pre-ordered this. I'm a guard player and jazzed to be able to use them in DoW2.

rsvp42:
I'm looking forward to this. Pre-downloaded it and looking forward to giving it a little time later tonight. I had a lot of fun with the first one's campaign, but I could never quite get the hang of the multiplayer. Hoping to change that this time around.

I also loved the Last Stand. I dumped way too many hours into that. But I heard they only added a Guard hero and a new map. I really wish they would have expanded that more. I think two or three heroes per faction would add more variety, even if some were mirrors of each other. Like I don't see any reason you couldn't add a Chaos Space Marine and Space Marine Psyker to those factions and just make them mirrors of the existing units. Rinse, repeat for the rest. Oh well, I'm sure I'll still have a blast.

Bah, Us arcoss the pond have to wait till the 4th Before we get online, Even if we have it pro-loaded too, stupid launch timetables :(

I must admit, I didn't expect the Inquisition.

Sorry, had to be said. ^_^

*sighs*
i still haven't beaten chaos rising better get working on that...

fix-the-spade:

TU4AR:

Having played the BETA, it's IG. And they ROCK!

Ruairi iliffe:
Bah, Us arcoss the pond have to wait till the 4th Before we get online, Even if we have it pro-loaded too, stupid launch timetables :(

Which makes almost no sense when it comes to a digital platform. Or maybe it does and I'm just not a marketer? Then again, I never understood why they couldn't just time the releases to be the same when they're this close anyway...

rsvp42:

Ruairi iliffe:

Which makes almost no sense when it comes to a digital platform. Or maybe it does and I'm just not a marketer? Then again, I never understood why they couldn't just time the releases to be the same when they're this close anyway...

It's all licenses, contracts, heresy, legal matters and mutation.

mireko:

rsvp42:

Ruairi iliffe:

It's all licenses, contracts, heresy, legal matters and mutation.

Damned bureaucracy, Guess i'll crack out my Primer and Recite the litany of vacuum as this uttery sucks for me.

Warhammer, the only game series that can get away with naming an expansion pack with a sub sub sub sub title

Where is my Necrons!?

Still a cool trailer can't wait to play as IG.

Strange how the only IG unit in that trailer were the Lemen Russ tanks. Yes the Inquisitor is part of the IG in this game but she's technically more Inquisition.

Also I wonder if the Lord Commissar will keep his "Drive me closer" line in the final game :P

Evilsanta:
Where is my Necrons!?

Still a cool trailer can't wait to play as IG.

Where is my witch hunters/ sisters of battle or the Tau! My god, the Tau would be awesome to play as in the Dow2 engine!

ChupathingyX:
Strange how the only IG unit in that trailer were the Lemen Russ tanks. Yes the Inquisitor is part of the IG in this game but she's technically more Inquisition.

Also I wonder if the Lord Commissar will keep his "Drive me closer" line in the final game :P

Funny you would mention that, that's the reason I bought it.

Drive me closer, I want to hit them with my sword!

The lord Commissar rocks.

Del-Toro:
I pre-ordered this. I'm a guard player and jazzed to be able to use them in DoW2.

I'm not going to pre-order it, because of what they're doing with the "Special pre-order codes" idiocy. If you buy a normal version of the game for 30 bucks, you get a code for ONE of the six races.

If you get the collector's edition, which I haven't seen for pre-order anywhere, you get a code which unless all six sets of special items.

Bretty:
Maybe the money being spent on the CGI is now going towards better development?

If you had see the 40k full length movie that was put out, for the most part you would have to wonder where those development costs went.

No idea why this intro was rated M. T, sure, but there wasn't even any cursing or swearing.
I wonder how many other safe bets relic made with this game...

Tiamat666:
And the original Dawn of War intro remains as the undisputed, immortal Emperor of Warhammer 40k intros.

Seriously, that original intro is so awesome I had to stand by and watch through it every time I ran the game. All the following intros and trailers have been rather lame in comparison.

DOW2's intro was also extremely damn nice. Especially when I first saw the dreadnaught ramming his way through a freaking rock.

But yeah, the first is undisputed.

Duffeknol:

Tiamat666:

DOW2's intro was also extremely damn nice. Especially when I first saw the dreadnaught ramming his way through a freaking rock.

But yeah, the first is undisputed.

I think when Space Marine is released later this year, it's CGI movie's may just knock the DoW intro off the top spot.

Soviet Heavy:
Nope, that Inquisitor is accompanying an IG taskforce that is performing an Exterminatus in the sector. There's a Leman Russ behind her.

Dawww... I'm disappointed. Not that the IG aren't fun to play, just that the Ordo Malleus would be way cooler.

I am Hector Wrex, Lord of the Gray Knights, repent, repent and die for the Emperor's glory!

vxicepickxv:

If you get the collector's edition, which I haven't seen for pre-order anywhere, you get a code which unless all six sets of special items.

These guys have had it for pre-order for awhile.

http://www.ozgameshop.com/pc-games/dawn-of-war-2-ii-retribution-collectors-edition-game-pc

That Movie require MORE BANEBLADES!
Or, at the very least, a cameo of all the new super units duking it out.
Next Expansion: Make Tau! FFS Just do it! The whole jump in/out of cover would work beutifully for them. That and the Retreat button seems like something they would use without hesitation.

Tau'Va!

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or