Trailers: Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II - Retribution Trailer

Pages PREV 1 2

Death to the false emperor! I hope we get more awesome quotes from Eliphas like:

I also want them to actually come out and say the blood ravens are thousand sons, they have all but confirmed it in their hints and in the horus heresy books now I just want them to actually say it.

p.s In case you haven't guessed I'm a Chaos player.

Tiamat666:
And the original Dawn of War intro remains as the undisputed, immortal Emperor of Warhammer 40k intros.

Seriously, that original intro is so awesome I had to stand by and watch through it every time I ran the game. All the following intros and trailers have been rather lame in comparison.

Agreed, along with Warriors Orochi it had the best intro ive seen. Now excuse me while I fangasm!

Time to lay some Heretics low and im gonna make that Inquisitorial lap dog taste my Thunder Hammer BLAM!

Scorched_Cascade:
Death to the false emperor! I hope we get more awesome quotes from Eliphas like:

I also want them to actually come out and say the blood ravens are thousand sons, they have all but confirmed it in their hints and in the horus heresy books now I just want them to actually say it.

I actually really like the idea of a Chaos Space Marine who is not just a slave to his desires and emotions, one who actually wants to show other Space Marines that they may be in the wrong... NOT THAT WE ARE!!!... heretic...

PunkRex:

Scorched_Cascade:
Death to the false emperor! I hope we get more awesome quotes from Eliphas

I actually really like the idea of a Chaos Space Marine who is not just a slave to his desires and emotions, one who actually wants to show other Space Marines that they may be in the wrong... NOT THAT WE ARE!!!... heretic...

For me it's his voice as much as the stuff he says; "Perhaps we'll mount your corpse on golden chair and make an idol out of you as well" oh Eliphas you scandalous rogue.

Scorched_Cascade:

PunkRex:

Scorched_Cascade:
Death to the false emperor! I hope we get more awesome quotes from Eliphas

For me it's his voice as much as the stuff he says; "Perhaps we'll mount your corpse on golden chair and make an idol out of you as well" oh Eliphas you scandalous rogue.

A futuristic, psychopathic thespian if ever I heard one.

"Insert generic Warhammer trailer right here"
Where is the epic? ;(

witchhunters?

epic.... it's nice to see a branch out and see all the aspects of the human forces...

If the ultramarines movie had been like this, people would have lost their minds. Its a shame it wasn't, but then again it was a shame it was ultramarines.

Scorched_Cascade:

That would probably be very plauseable, especially if we think that the Thousnad Sons were "preherasy" a Legion with enormous amounts of phychikers. As we all know, be Blood Ravens have their power into Librarians.

An other interesting thing how the Thousand Son's really wasn' interested in Chaos during the herasy. Magnus the red even tried to warn Horus about the powers of chaos inside his dream after his potentially fatal wound.

Horus in respond to lure Leman Russ and his Legion of Space wolfs ascended on prospero.
So, how the thousand sons begun to use Chaos powers is somewhat unknown, but the belif is that slaneesh the Chaos god pulled the strings.

ironlordthemad:
If the ultramarines movie had been like this, people would have lost their minds. Its a shame it wasn't, but then again it was a shame it was ultramarines.

Yeah, I was dissapointed too. But I do love the ultramarines (mostly because the books written ny Graham McNeil.) but there are more interesting chapters to write about. But what i know of (lorewise) is that the Ultramarines (while still following the codex to the letter) has the most diverse emotions. The Imperial Fists for example while a great company in it's own way, is extreamly cold and hard to warm too.

What i would like to know about though would be the Dark Angels.
You don't hear much from them.

Think i'll stick to the other Dawn Of War games, i like been able to construct building's in RTS games, if Dawn Of War 2 had that, i would get it =\

Still it's cool to see Gabriel Angelouse in this, i love his voice! (However disturbing that may sound)

And i take it they added the Imperium in this, cause i spyed a Lammen Russ...

Scorched_Cascade:

LOL! i just went to a different video with Chaos and Orks.

ORKS: ERE WE COME CHAOS BOYZ

Chaos: Your subtlety astounds me...Ork. XD

When did Chaos become the lords of sarcasm? XD

Duendain:

Scorched_Cascade:

Horus in respond to lure Leman Russ and his Legion of Space wolfs ascended on prospero.
So, how the thousand sons begun to use Chaos powers is somewhat unknown, but the belif is that slaneesh the Chaos god pulled the strings.

I recommend you read the "Horus Heresy" series of books that have quite recently come out. They are set back before and during the horus heresy and give a lot of information that lore folks like me really wanted to know.

For example in the case of the thousand sons Magnus tried to send a warning to the Emperor but the Emperor had previously banned Magnus from using his psychic powers for fear of Chaos and so was mad. He sent the space wolves to bring Magnus to Terra for trial. Midway there horus changed the order from capture magnus to kill magnus (this was before it was widely known Horus had gone rogue).

The space wolves descended on Prospero (thousand son homeworld) and butchered thousands, Prospero burned and Magnus in a last plea to save his people sent out a prayer for someone to save him....Tzeentch answered.

They also all but confirm that Blood Ravens are Thousand sons (not a successor chapter but actual heresy era marines). The legion is divided into several battle groups one of which is called Covidae(sp?) (Ravens in English) and a marine actually has a vision of the future of the thousand sons were he sees "The terrible Ravens, a drop of blood and the terrible ravens".

arc1991:

Scorched_Cascade:

LOL! i just went to a different video with Chaos and Orks.

ORKS: ERE WE COME CHAOS BOYZ

Chaos: Your subtlety astounds me...Ork. XD

When did Chaos become the lords of sarcasm? XD

It's Eliphas he is a real gem. A Sarcastic intelligent and well spoken word bearers chaos space marine he made that game for me. A lot of the ork conversations are funny too.

e.g:

Orks: You bring yer biggest chaos boys or what? I don wanna waste no time on your little runts
Chaos (Eliphas): Your time is the last thing I wish to waste alien

or

Necrons: Death has arrived, we come for you
Orks: Death? Ye look like a 'ummie who needs sum feedin' metal boy

Eliphas: Trolling aliens and space marines for kicks

Bigsmith:

Evilsanta:
Where is my Necrons!?

Still a cool trailer can't wait to play as IG.

Where is my witch hunters/ sisters of battle or the Tau! My god, the Tau would be awesome to play as in the Dow2 engine!

Those are back in the other Dawn of War game(s). I am sure they are going to do the same thing with this game too. Slowly add the races to get more money. I am probably going to buy this game just to play the campaign. I am not a fan of the multiplayer though. I prefer the multiplayer style of the old Dawn of War. I wonder if there is an achievement for beating the campaign with each on Primarch. :)

Scorched_Cascade:
Stuff

I'm not a fluff warrior by any means, but I still find backstory interesting. Are you saying that they're Thousand Sons who are trying to redeem themselves? Or that it's all been a head fake to get at the Empire?

Dirty Apple:

Scorched_Cascade:
Stuff

I'm not a fluff warrior by any means, but I still find backstory interesting. Are you saying that they're Thousand Sons who are trying to redeem themselves? Or that it's all been a head fake to get at the Empire?

This is uncertain. It is likely that they are a loyalist splinter of the thousand sons perhaps from a part of the legion that wasn't on Prospero when it fell. They likely expunged all their records and broke their ties with the legion when it rebelled. They are clearly traitor stock though.

more evidence:
- "knowledge is power" is a heresy era thousand sons battle cry.
-Avitas says that only idiots forget their primarch the only way he suggests is that the primarch's name was forgotten on purpose
-Davin Thule found loads of relics on Kronus during dow: dark crusade he locked himself away studying them and then burned them all when he emerged he was a much darker and more cynical especially about his chapter
-DT (see above) also says to tell Captain Angelos that "the secrets of Kronus are safe with him" and in return Angelos says "the secrets of Cyrene (his homeworld he exterminated) will not pass my lips"
-A massive number of Blood Ravens are psychers the only legions they could possibly be from are thousands sons or blood angels as they were the only ones that had this amount of psychers. They show no Blood Angel traits.
-When the Blood Ravens find an old outpost of theirs in one of the novels, the elder attack them mistaking them for the marines they asked to guard the post during the horus heresy. They state that these marines abandoned their post, the marines armour colour? Rust Red the only marines with rust red armour at that time? Thousand Sons
-Eliphas is so set on destroying them, in Dark crusade he calls them "brothers" (this could just be him trolling though as he likes to do that)
-in dark crusade Eliphas' ending says "it is unknown why Abbadon would take such an interest in a chapter whose origins reputedly don't stretch back to the horus heresy

Scorched_Cascade:

Duendain:

Scorched_Cascade:

I recommend you read the "Horus Heresy" series of books that have quite recently come out. They are set back before and during the horus heresy and give a lot of information that lore folks like me really wanted to know.

For example in the case of the thousand sons Magnus tried to send a warning to the Emperor but the Emperor had previously banned Magnus from using his psychic powers for fear of Chaos and so was mad. He sent the space wolves to bring Magnus to Terra for trial. Midway there horus changed the order from capture magnus to kill magnus (this was before it was widely known Horus had gone rogue).

The space wolves descended on Prospero (thousand son homeworld) and butchered thousands, Prospero burned and Magnus in a last plea to save his people sent out a prayer for someone to save him....Tzeentch answered.

They also all but confirm that Blood Ravens are Thousand sons (not a successor chapter but actual heresy era marines). The legion is divided into several battle groups one of which is called Covidae(sp?) (Ravens in English) and a marine actually has a vision of the future of the thousand sons were he sees "The terrible Ravens, a drop of blood and the terrible ravens".

Very interesting, I have most of the Horus Herasy books, up to "Galaxy in flames" (which i think is REALLY awesome btw, i live Saul Travitz valient try to save as many loyalist as possible especially when he meets the World Eaters.

But i don't really remember all the details, and i still miss books like "The Ravens Flight".
I'm soon gonna add the last book in the Ultramarines series (was it called Chapters due?)
and a few more herasy books. Maybe the Dark Angel book. Also maybe some IG books. :P

Scorched_Cascade:
Interesting stuff

I guess my only other question would be how does a Marine Chapter just materialize on the scene without being challenged? They have no known Primarch and a sketchy past, yet everyone is OK with this? It makes for a great story, but wouldn't the other Marines be suspicious at all?

Dirty Apple:

Scorched_Cascade:
Interesting stuff

I guess my only other question would be how does a Marine Chapter just materialize on the scene without being challenged? They have no known Primarch and a sketchy past, yet everyone is OK with this? It makes for a great story, but wouldn't the other Marines be suspicious at all?

I gotta admit, that always confused me about their history. I know it takes a heavy duty pair of balls to question a Space Marine chapters history from the outside but how come none of the other Chapters ever questioned them about it?

Tiamat666:
And the original Dawn of War intro remains as the undisputed, immortal Emperor of Warhammer 40k intros.

Seriously, that original intro is so awesome I had to stand by and watch through it every time I ran the game. All the following intros and trailers have been rather lame in comparison.

Yeaaaah we placed the flag!

"Uh.. Boss, we'ze killed da' hummies"
"Good, now capture teh recquisition point!"

dalek sec:

Dirty Apple:

Scorched_Cascade:
Interesting stuff

I gotta admit, that always confused me about their history. I know it takes a heavy duty pair of balls to question a Space Marine chapters history from the outside but how come none of the other Chapters ever questioned them about it?

There are a few chapters who are mysterious about their history (Dark Angels as a notable one) the Imperium seems fine with it as long as they pay their gene seed tithe (send a set amount of it to mars for testing to make sure they are not all mutants), fight on their side and come nowhere near Terra.

They actually have to send their gene seed off more regularly than other chapters due to their psycher mutation and its consistently come back pure (with only a minor mutation allowing them perfect recall but denying them REM sleep).

I'd guess that the Imperium policy is that if they are fighting for you, they arn't drawing attention to themselves and arn't mutants then let sleeping dogs lie they already have enough enemies.

The Blood Ravens have also been known to attack and kill other marines who find any of their relics (although the Imperium at large doesn't know this).

Oh as an interesting side note the 5th company (the one you use during Dark crusade and dawn of war 2) is known as "the fated", wear badges of shame and penance on their armour and are only allowed one librarian at a time. This is unusual as the rest of the chapter has whole battalions made up of librarians.

In my defence I like the lore a lot, it's a guilty pleasure.

I don't know if this is going to be as good as the last two; looks like now you only control 4 single units instead of the squads and build up an army from bases you capture on the missions. I quite like the new format so changing it might ruin it for me, though i will admit this will probably make it easier to learn how to play MP.

Hopefully the next expansion/DoW3 has more races included, Personally i'd hope for the tau.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here