Zero Punctuation: Two Worlds II

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

it was a fine game ; i enjoyed playing it :D
there was some new stuff in it and playing with magic cards and find combination was fun!
although magic was support class for me and end up healing and boosting :D also making chest high walls so that NPC get stuk behind it ;-)
loved water walk spel was pretty good for dark dungeons :D " search it up"

Squilookle:
Wow, that inventory system sounds terrible- didn't anyone playtest it?

And is it strange that the bit that turns me off fantasy games is the whole... fantasy part? Give me a good medieval Robin Hood game and I'd be in seventh heaven, but ohhh... you just had to put spells in it, didn't you... It's like post apocalyptic games feeling that they just have to have mutants for some arbitrary reason. Did Mad Max 2 need mutants to be the best post apocalypse film ever made? No it bloody well didn't!

What are you talking about!

...at least they'd stopped exploiting those poor wallabies for means of transportation :P

Awesome, Yahtzee reads Cracked.com too.

Also, what is this game? I haven't even heard of it.

Also, Yahtzee, congrats on that Battlefield mention!

Best last line EVER.

I find it odd you had to lower your settings so much, granted you were on a laptop but even my bad computer could play 2W2 on high setting without having FPS drops. I was actually utterly amazed with how well coded that engine was.

I did find it funny how I played the good guy, who didn't minds petting puppies and walking old ladies across the street, yet sounded like I'd rather rip the throat off of people at any given moment =P

Never got through the game though, found other games more interesting after a while. Though mostly it was due to a glitch in a quest that forced me to reload way back, before I had done a ton of things, because the guy I had to talk to refused to spawn.

It's amazing what you learn on Cracked, eh, Yahtzee?

I agree with fantasy these days trying to hard to be dark and angsty.

Another piece of crap nobody cares about. That wasn't even really a review. He didn't really say whether he liked it or not.

YAHTZEE. REVIEW SONIC COLORS FOR THE Wii! IT'S MERCIFULLY SHORT AND SOMEONE needs to thrash that overrated TURD.

Good man, appreciated the Cracked reference at the end. I disagree with the point about sidequests though. He does bring up good points but I see it more of a matter of how enjoyable the gameplay is. Sidequests by nature don't relate to the main plot and serve mainly to lengthen a game but as a whole it comes down to the how good the game itself is, if it leaves you wanting to do sidequests because you enjoyed the whole experience and want to prolong it.

Good job Yahtzee, this is my favorite recent episode.

That was one of the funniest Zero Punctuations I have ever watched. The combination of his critical dry humour and somewhat befuddled commentary on the games events really merged to create a creamy stream of goodness.

I am surprised at anyone being surprised that he was going to review this, given that he said he was playing it a couple of extra punctuations ago, and being that he seems to be arguing a fair deal about how smaller companies are doomed to failure in the face of the AAA industry.

This game is the perfect example. The game engine is actually very pretty, but one only needs to play a little bit to find out that that's where half the time and budget went. Once you get past that, you see numerous little flaws (ok, incredibly glaring ones), whether it's the animations or the voice acting, or the general lack of polish to what are some fairly good ideas. It's a game that seems to show exactly how hard it is for a small company to fine tune its ideas to compete with the big ones. Even Fallout New Vegas (which is by and large buggier and way uglier than this) manages to outshine it while running on a ten year old engine simply because the developers had a lot more time to hone the ideas and make them enjoyable.

As it stands and as a RPG fan I actually dig this game, but I do it despite its many, many flaws. It might be my "root for the underdogs" tendency shining through.

Man I have enough trouble getting into RPG's as is. That also means GOOD games like Mass Effect 1 & 2. If all the stories I hear about this game being filled with bugs, glitches and bad design choices are true, then this is probably not going to be the game to finally turn me over.

On another note: Does anyone know the name of the music that plays during those ads for Drive Thru RPG that somestimes play after you've watched a video?

That Cracked reference blew my mind (I created this account right now only so I could say that).

But I'm just a little freaked out by the thought that I'm completely predictable. I mean, how did he know his audience would know about the cross from no other place than that very Cracked article?
Very, very impressive, mr. Yahtzee.

That WAS a pretty good "Cracked" article, wasn't it? :D

Hmmm. Yahtzee made some pretty big mistakes in this review. The game isn't nearly as bad as he suggests.

For example. You can change the voice when you create your character, your not forced to use the one voice. I ran everything on full settings with the latest DX and had no issues. Not even one slowdown. Which leads me to believe yahtzee is full of shit.

The only part of this review he got right was the inventory system. The stories extremely easy to follow, and I never lost sight of the overarching storyline, or how things connect. I'd suggest that Yahtzee is suffering from some disease thats eating away at his mind.

I'm pretty disappointed with this video. The games actually VERY good. Its not amazing, but it's certaintly above average. Getting 7-8's from most review sites. So yes, disappointing Yahtzee. Seems like all you did was screw around with the game for a bit, then pick out random points to bitch about without seeing if they where actually broken.

Buy a new computer.

It was a very long week waiting for Bulletstorm (or Marvel vs. Capcom 3) (or Killzone 3) (or LittleBigPlanet 2) to be reviewed and I was entirely disappointed when I saw he would review Two Worlds 2. Not that Yahtzee isn't funny when he does 'mediocre' games like this, it's just that he's practically the only good critic (some Users are nice but Users aren't very schedule-y or reliable) I follow (no one else despises Modern Warfare 2 and thinks Dead Rising 2 and Just Cause 2 are hordes better than Grand Theft Auto IV and Bad Company 2 is OK but not the best shooter and Crysis is WAY overrated and he games primarily on the PC and I can go on and on about how Yahtzee shares so many opinions about gaming with me) I follow and I was awaiting for him to review a more... popularized game than this. That said a game's release and Yahtzee's review of it usually involves an achingly long lapse, but I'd expect at least LittleBigPlanet 2 to be reviewed by now? Please, Yahtzee?

To get on topic, this review is really funny. I think I'm gonna have to suspend using a bow and arrow when I play Dragon Age 2 (or any WRPG in that case) because I'd be laughing too hard imagining the enemy go 'OH, LUUUCY! SPROUTED NUTHER ARROW!'.

I have yet to try this "simply" because it's had the most obscure random release in the UK in recent memory:

Ok so first the game was up for release in October 2010 but was stopped due to technical issues. Instead it was pushed back for November before an attempt to coordinate releases elsewhere. January rolled around and was pushed back again until the it's end BEFORE being pushed back again in early February. Everything seemed fine until, I kid you not, their shipment ship crashed. Game was pushed back until the end of February until the developers realized a stock/quality problem. Enter March and for yet another unknown reason the game was now said to be initially available via online orders...

...and then it was pushed back again until this Friday... for now.

I just checked systm requirements, they dont seem all that demanding

I love it when he mocks the titles of games.

Twowahdiddydiddydumdiddytwo.

*snrk*

Selvec:
Hmmm. Yahtzee made some pretty big mistakes in this review. The game isn't nearly as bad as he suggests.

For example. You can change the voice when you create your character, your not forced to use the one voice. I ran everything on full settings with the latest DX and had no issues. Not even one slowdown. Which leads me to believe yahtzee is full of shit.

The only part of this review he got right was the inventory system. The stories extremely easy to follow, and I never lost sight of the overarching storyline, or how things connect. I'd suggest that Yahtzee is suffering from some disease thats eating away at his mind.

I'm pretty disappointed with this video. The games actually VERY good. Its not amazing, but it's certaintly above average. Getting 7-8's from most review sites. So yes, disappointing Yahtzee. Seems like all you did was screw around with the game for a bit, then pick out random points to bitch about without seeing if they where actually broken.

Buy a new computer.

uh its a reveiw, meaning HIS opinion meaning theres no RIGHT way to do it...and the "right" way to do a reveiw does not mean being more in line with your opinion

besides remember its suposed to be entertaining not always a fair reveiw

Neferius:

Squilookle:
Did Mad Max 2 need mutants to be the best post apocalypse film ever made? No it bloody well didn't!

You obviously didn't see the sequel.

...at least they'd stopped exploiting those poor wallabies for means of transportation :P

Was I talking about the third one? No. Does everything you said there have anything to do with what was being said? No. I was talking about the 2nd film. Second film! You know- 'The Road Warrior' as the US calls it?

Besides even if they were in the 2nd one, a midget riding a braindead tall guy -weird as it may seem- is still plausible. They're not some mutated version of an existing creature that needed a billion-to-one transformation from nuclear fallout.

you'd think with subtitle syndrome being everywhere the game wouldnt be called
"two worlds II" but instead "Two Worlds: *insert something hipster here*"

i haven't played two worlds one so when i saw two worlds two at a game shop recently it confused the hell out of me :P
great review again!

lol @ 01:24 where the shirt is mirrored

Exactly like the first game!

Precisely why I didn't by this one, either.

And you are mistaken, Yahtzee; the reaction time wasn't delayed, they just captured about half as many animations as they fucking needed, the most annoying part of the 1st game.

I think if you are really serious about, or honestly even want to pretend to be serious about reviewing PC games, you need to seriously consider using hardware that meets the recommended requirements. Saying that it ran like ass really isn't a valid review comment, and honestly doesn't belong as a part of a review at all. Now, if you were complaining because your hardware did meet the recommended requirements, and still the game ran bad, that would certainly belong. It's like saying "one of my complaints about halo is that my X button keeps getting stuck, causing me to walk around Tea-bagging when I should be fighting".

Funny as always. And I'll have you know that it's pretty much your fault that I have installed windows on a second hard drive so I can take up my love of games once more. Linux just isn't a game platform, even if it's much better at being a computer.

Vault101:

uh its a reveiw, meaning HIS opinion meaning theres no RIGHT way to do it...and the "right" way to do a reveiw does not mean being more in line with your opinion

besides remember its suposed to be entertaining not always a fair reveiw

Well his review could be wrong when he says something that is total bullshit. Now I cant say for sure about the PC version but on the ps3 versions many of the problems he mentioned were not there. Take the weapon swap one, you have 3 full sets of equipment that can be swapped out with a single button click. The left, up, and right arrows on the d pad.

Honestly after since iv played the ps3 version most of his complaints seem to stem from a really terrible pc port. Thats the only reason I could understand for half of his complaints.

My baby gets mesmerized when I lockpick. He will turn and watch every time... even while feeding! If he's crying, it soothes him.

Fair review. I play on PS3 though, so there's no graphical downgrade or button to action lag. There's also no problems with weapon swaps. I did have to turn the sensitivity down on the analog stick though as it was very floaty. No worries though, it's done and it all works now.

The other thing to mention is a few glitched quests:
Can anyone tell me: "What's behind the door?" Three playthroughs and I still don't know.
Also, be careful about "Black Marketeers" and "Unsolicited Guests". The latter is the reason I've not yet got 100% in the Thief guild. Grrr.

Wow, this may just be the funniest review yet! I admire you as always Yahtzee, getting every pin point marked with a red marker and stating what there is to know- the flaws. Awesome of course, really loved this episode.

Not to mention the very end was hilarious, how the imp held up an Anime (pillow I think?) and was crying. That was to good man, nice work and looking forward to seeing your reviews throughout your career!

You are not equipped to review videogames if you do not have the proper hardware. Well, it's all the same for me. I watch Zero Punctuation for fun.

Anyone have a link to the Cracked article?

The "5" kley on the numeric keypad is quite different than the "4" key as it has a little ridge on it so you know it's the "5" key. Same as the "F" and the "J" key :P

s69-5:
My baby gets mesmerized when I lockpick. He will turn and watch every time... even while feeding! If he's crying, it soothes him.

What i find soothes young children is Star Trek next gen, the gentle thrumming in the background and the voice of Patrick Stewart calms even the most savage of babies

Wow...Yahtzee reads Cracked!

He reads cracked?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 67218)