Anthony Saves The World: Episode 1.5: Pearl Harbor

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Episode 1.5: Pearl Harbor

On this very special episode of Anthony Saves the World, Anthony gets some very special training from Mikey that will help them in their fight against demon powered assassins hell-bent on killing them and ruining their suits. Then things take an unexpected turn...

Watch Video

Pearl Harbour is a sin against movies, this however is awesome

Ok i l ike this now :D
well done you got better
i am no wa your fan lol :D

Anthony is the worst kind of film geek.
More importantly, that "interview" at the beginning was hilarious.
When that guy got shot in his front yard, mind mind immediately went to this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7gIpuIVE3k

Pear Harbor was a National Tragedy(and the actual attack wasn't so great either)
This is more of a...
*puts on sunglasses*
National Treasure
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Pretty good episode!

Just one question, why is this episode 1.4? There were other episodes so why aren't they going in regular order like 1, 2, 3, 4, etc?

DEATHROAD:
Do you guys acctually watch your videos before you upload them?
Im not repeating what i said last week but i feel a much less need to try and find something a like this time, funny, yes, everything else, no. Especially not whoever cuts the video together, stop cutting the end of lines off it kills the imersion like no other. Im NOT the only person who thinks this i know im not, for the sake of all thats decent, put alittle more effort into the editing please!

errrm sorta i think your getting better i thought you worst qualities in earlier shows was the script and that you were abit of a showman with ya toys lol buuuutyou've fixed all that :D
now i can enjoy ^_^ from web series you have to take the painful stuff in hand, your not proffesionals i can accept bad editing and morderate directing
your script and character liekability is what i want and i am starting to like both

your doing the oppersit of what unskippable did

start goood and slowly die

AssassinJoe:
Pretty good episode!

Just one question, why is this episode 1.4? There were other episodes so why aren't they going in regular order like 1, 2, 3, 4, etc?

It's episode 1.5. I guess there's a typo.

I've enjoyed this episode the most so far. I wonder if Anthony wrote in all those movie references. Keep them up.

normaly 1,1 in scripts means

act 1 scene 1
id dare assume they are hoping to get a second season
when the episodes will eb
2.2 etc

Just how many versions of Monopoly do you have? I counted 9 behind Anthony :>

Also, I dare Anthony to throw the katana at you, as a matter of fact I double dare him!

Hooray for writing being the focus this week and several pointless Ethan Hawke references. Ultimately, comedy just seems to work better for an independent production with good writers than action does. This time the balance seemed much better and I was able to appreciate the gunplay a great deal more than in earlier shows. Great job!

That pile of Monopoly games is also disturbing. I'm not sure I hope that whoever's house that is actually owns and operates than many games of monopoly. But if they do, I hope they play them all at once.

Haha... Velma's vagina... brilliant.

I really like how you extended the time those extra three minutes made it a lot better.

3:14

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7gIpuIVE3k

Edit: Damnit, ninja'd.

During the intro, all I could do was stare at the pile of Monopoly games...

As for the episode itself, it was alright. Not the best, not the worst.

More things should have good nicholas cage movie references, not national treasure though. That was a bad 'un.

Yeah, getting drunk when you've bene stabbed, have a load of weapons on hand and need to consecrate a body, not your best idea lads.

Dear God, put that grenade DOWN!

That's why you have a pencil to fiddle with on the phone.

I like the remix of the opening, less dreary :)
However the editing of the video needs some work, cutting of characters lines too quickly,
@2:33 in the video Anthony is inside and Mikey is outside but Mikey's pre-recorder line is too clear if he was outside he should be shouting, same for Anthony (how could Mikey hear him?)
@2:36 Anthony's voice overlaps/fades with Mike's unnaturally

Also why is he inside with a gun anyway? Target Practice from the window? This is never expanded upon.
And how did Anthony not die?

re: scooby doo character, I almost did a spit take in real life.

also 9 different versions of monopoly?!?

Okay, i really liked this episode. I think i got the best laughs-per-minute ratio that in the other ones. Though i didn't get the camera diary section at the start and end, i really liked everything in the middle. The gun-training part was funny.

Also, poor random dude who got shot in the leg.

And after seeing how cold it really was, i was impressed Mikey would willingly take a swim in the pool.

Okay, first off: thumbnail fail. Seriously, who thought the title card would make a good thumbnail?

Second off: I could not stop laughing at Anthony's little rant to the camera. People were giving me weird looks.

Best ep. so far. The humor was great, much better than the previous episodes where it felt more forced. good job.

Wow is CON AIR really that old???
I Love that Film!
"Garland Greene: Define irony. Bunch of idiots dancing on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash."

Bro tip: do not use splashing blood FX on a guy wearing a mask looks uber fake....

as an episode it was ok , but i gota say the action scenes still look mighty fake and reversed .. like when the demon guy dunked the dudes head in the water it was way to slow and sissy like....

other then that love the music as usual.

Trigger discipline, ragging on bad movies and hilarious drunk discussions all in one video?

You guys rule.

mikeyface:
Episode 1.4: Pearl Harbor

On this very special episode of Anthony Saves the World, Anthony gets some very special training from Mikey that will help them in their fight against demon powered assassins hell-bent on killing them and ruining their suits. Then things take an unexpected turn...

Watch Video

Great episode this weeks guys! :D

Also, thank you for fixing the audio or whatever cause I could totally understand everything you were both saying this week. Nice bits of Anthony screwing around with the rifle and you guys getting blitzed.

I honestly did a small spit take at the scooby doo character thing...

Best one I think so far.

I'm guessing that blonde is Lisa Foiles, appearing in episodes 9 and 10? mmm? Am I right?

HankMan:
Pear Harbor was a National Tragedy(and the actual attack wasn't so great either)
This is more of a...
*puts on sunglasses*
National Treasure
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

You win everything.

OT: this is probably my favorite ASTW so far! Keep up the good work guys!

Just a note, during the 'video tape' portions of this video, Anthony is wearing a wedding ring. (Or at least a ring on the ring finger of his left hand). He's not during the rest of the video (I didn't scour closely, but it didn't look like it).

Was this a small error or intentional?

JokerboyJordan:
I like the remix of the opening, less dreary :)
However the editing of the video needs some work, cutting of characters lines too quickly,
@2:33 in the video Anthony is inside and Mikey is outside but Mikey's pre-recorder line is too clear if he was outside he should be shouting, same for Anthony (how could Mikey hear him?)
@2:36 Anthony's voice overlaps/fades with Mike's unnaturally

Also why is he inside with a gun anyway? Target Practice from the window? This is never expanded upon.
And how did Anthony not die?

I'm thinking they assumed that was obvious...and it kinda was. They said they were doing targeting practice, so Anthony stays inside while Mikey goes outside and moves bodies around for targeting practice. The guy wakes up while Mikey is moving him so he naturally focuses on Mikey before Anthony. Honestly, if they had expanded upon it it would have made them seem like they believe they have to explain the obvious to their audience, and that would be more annoying than any of their problems so far.

OT: This was a great episode, I found myself laughing numerous times. There are still some editing issues and it would help to speed up the action scenes through editing.

Wait wait wait. There's a nintendo version of monopoly? To amazon!

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here