Trailers: Battlefield 3 Fault Line: Bad Part of Town

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Battlefield 3 Fault Line: Bad Part of Town

This episode of the Fault Line series introduces the story and features extensive gameplay footage from the teaser.

Watch Video

The game looks awesome. Any one know the amount of players that can play online? I think I read somewhere that its 24. 12vs12.

Wow, Battlefield three looks like it's shaping up to be a good game

New engine looks gorgeous. Looks like this game will be as good as two was.

"RPG !"
*Hide behind combustible car"

Still that was amazing, the Frostbite 2 engine looks great

"Blah blah blah secret base."

Thats all I heard. Damn you Duty Calls.

Still, looks good. Although I wish they stuck with keeping the ammo system magazine-based instead of bullet-based. Would teach people to use their ammo wisely, and reload wisely instead of reloading after firing one damn bullet.

But I'm just nitpicking. Again, it looks good. Even though Duty Calls took any form of tension out of it.

The only thing that I dont like is the lack of color, wich doesnt make much sence since the tech-demo of the engine played a lot with colors.

It looks pretty, yes, but when was the last time you saw a Battlefield game with a good single-player campaign? I mean, BC was decent, but not great. Their focus has always been multiplayer, and might I add that DICE made MoH's multi...

Still, only time will tell.

It looks pretty damn beautiful, but I wonder; why are they not showing what Battlefield is known and loved for, huge battles with jets and tanks and loads of infantry, and are instead showing what we have seen the past half decade so many times; 'realistic' small-scale urban warfare. They're creating skepticism like this.

josemlopes:
The only thing that I dont like is the lack of color, wich doesnt make much sence since the tech-demo of the engine played a lot with colors.

Go walk around in one of those war-torn Middle-Eastern cities and see how much colour you spot.

That dog was SPY!

Cowabungaa:

Go walk around in one of those war-torn Middle-Eastern cities and see how much colour you spot.

Im preety sure that it is as colourfull as it is where you and I live, colour has nothing to do with a situation of a country. It has to do with light, the only situations where there isnt much colour is in rainy days where there isnt much light from the sun. In those times the day is very gray-ish but if there is sun you will have colour. (I may not be interily right about this but I know that it is still close).

I also understand that this is a colour scheme that they chosed, stuff like that doesnt happen at random, they thought about it and chose that.

I am also still waiting to see the "real" gameplay like you.

Looks like Call of Duty just got blown out of the water. Is Dice taking pointers from Flash Point?

I think the only thing this video tells me, is that I really need to upgrade my PC. On another note, I thought it was common knowledge to not hide behind a car when someone has some sort of explosive projectile?

I'm looking forward to this ^^

I saw 'Battlefield' and 'story' in the same sentence, and simply lost interest.

It's like saying 'Little Big Planets' and 'character depth'.

josemlopes:

Cowabungaa:

Im preety sure that it is as colourfull as it is where you and I live

Say what?! It's got as much colour as Ireland?

Desert sand and tan colours VS GREEN!

That's not the same at all!

Do they have to swear so much? I'm not against swearing, but after dicktits five hundred times, I am getting a little sick of all the fucks being thrown into games to make them edgy.

i have to admit that does look sexy BUT again, what part of that was Battlefield? and what part of it was CO-Me Too-D?

But single player in a battlefield game shouldnt be bad so long as the multiplayer is the same as the multiplayer only Battlefields, i.e. bf1942/bf2

Senarrius:

josemlopes:

Cowabungaa:

Yeah, the sand has less "colour" than grass, but we dont even see sand in the video, we see pale soldiers wearing gray-ish uniforms in a gray city.

Even the ads in the game and the stores in the city are kind of pale.

I am not saying that the game doesnt have colour, I am only saying that it could have a bit more.

Senarrius:

josemlopes:

Cowabungaa:

Yeah, sunlight doesn't just magically create color, there have to be things on the ground that actually can reflect the light in limited wavelengths. Look at almost any images of the middle east, the only color you'll see is in the marketplaces. The buildings are beige, the sand is beige, the clothes the people wear are beige.

Oh, I almost forgot that Mosques do have color, many of them have quite beautiful and intricate architectural designs. Unfortunately no gameplay is going to take place in a mosque for incredibly obvious reasons. So yeah, the game isn't going to have much color. If you set it in Afghanistan then you'd have more opportunity.

Damn that graphics engine looks beautiful. No idea how I'm going to run it on my PC though...
The game looks extremely realistic and the gameplay looks entertaining.

That's not the same at all![/quote]

Yeah, the sand has less "colour" than grass, but we dont even see sand in the video, we see pale soldiers wearing gray-ish uniforms in a gray city.[/quote] That is called camouflage, also there is color but most the shots were in the shadows of buildings, there are trees and such, But! that is not to say that all of these contrary are all deserts, there are quite a few trees, and quite a few green areas in them, and i would like to see some of that as well.

OH! and if my options are stand out in the open and catch shrapnel, or hide behind the van and hope they shot one of the other cars, i will take the hide from shrapnel.

There is no need to pull the charging handle, you just need to hit the bolt release with your thumb.

I don't know about the single player aspect of this game bf2 didnt really have a campaign to follow it was more or less multiplayer but I'm willing to give the SP a chance.

When do i get a DEMO?! I really want to try this baby out. And Frostbite 2.0? That's the way to go.

great when i finally calmed down from the teaser they throw the trailer at me.
this game looks beautiful and i cant w8 to get my hands on it

Heh....why did I think of Duty Calls when I saw this? it even had the random slow motion death scene.
Pretty graphics though.

:'O

EXCUSE ME WHILE I CHANGE MY UNDERWEAR, PANTS, AND FIX THE WALL

Major_Tom:
There is no need to pull the charging handle, you just need to hit the bolt release with your thumb.

Ha, I noticed the same thing. Yanking on the cocking handle every time you change mags would kinda suck.

Looks nice though.

One point though, look at Afghanistan/Iraq/Iran on google maps. They do have trees there, and forests, and lush green fields of druuggggss. The entire region isn't just desert.

GLo Jones:
I saw 'Battlefield' and 'story' in the same sentence, and simply lost interest.

Opposite effect for me.

See, I am disgruntled by the very fact that this game HAS any story. Know I'm tempted to look forward to it at all, whereas if it was just MP like Battlefield 2 or BFBC:Vietnam, I would just ignore it completely, maybe just check the Escapist review when that aired.

IamSofaKingRaw:
The game looks awesome. Any one know the amount of players that can play online? I think I read somewhere that its 24. 12vs12.

They announced 64 players on PC and 24 on PS3/X360

That looks incredibly boring. I'm sick of all of these war games, and they're all either fighting russians or arabs. The plot sucks, the gameplay is the same as 5000 other games in the same genre.

Really good looking game engine, it's such a shame they're wasting it on this crap.

I'm sick of everyone fucking copying Call Of Duty. Give it a fucking break for fucks sakes.

SteelStallion:

I'm sick of everyone fucking copying Call Of Duty. Give it a fucking break for fucks sakes.

Well that's a nice big bundle of assumptions.

COD4= "Xbox 360, PS3, Windows; NA November 5, 2007; AUS November 7, 2007; EU November 9, 2007"

BF2= "NA June 21, 2005; AUS June 22, 2005; EU June 24, 2005"

Who is copying whom, again?

Wow, for pre alpha code that look purty, dont rele care about story, although a good one would be nice, seeing as its all about the online,

definite pre order from me, just got to decide weather i get it on ps3 or computer, but iv got a mac so not sure if its available, anyone know?...

Danny Ocean:

SteelStallion:

Well that's a nice big bundle of assumptions.

COD4= "Xbox 360, PS3, Windows; NA November 5, 2007; AUS November 7, 2007; EU November 9, 2007"

BF2= "NA June 21, 2005; AUS June 22, 2005; EU June 24, 2005"

Who is copying whom, again?

Have you played single player Battlefield 2? Because all it was just a game mode with bots. Which was fine, because that meant they could focus on making the multiplayer component fun. Compare it to the dull linear war scenarios that call of duty makes. Now compare that to what the Battlefield 3 trailer is: a dull linear war scenario. These take a long time and effort to make, and they're all the fucking same. "Oh gee we need to stop the terrorists from using chemical weapons. Fuck yeah, America! Hurf durf"

Regardless, whether someone is copying the other is irrelevant. I remember back when a maximum of 1-2 "gritty modern war" games came out every year. Now they're all over the fucking place and it ticks me off that such a great looking game engine is going to waste on another boring war shooter.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here