Trailers: Magicka Vietnam Announcement

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Magicka Vietnam Announcement

Magic and jungle collide in this announcement trailer for Magicka Vietnam.

Watch Video

That was... Wonderfull.

as much as I enjoy Magicka, It slows down to nearly unplayable at times it's under duress. My computer can play Crisis on high, so it's definitely not a problem on my side.

I don't know what I just saw, but I loved it

Wait...
What?

That's kind of awesome. I mean, it's weird as hell, but it's awesome.

Anyone else getting Cannon Fodder flash backs?

NuclearPenguin:
That was... Wonderful.

agreed

DO WANT!!! NOW!!!

I loved Magicka best 20 bucks i have spent in a long time.

I want to check Magicka out, but am hearing way too much about how buggy it is.

Haha. I loved that. Magicka has the best attitude. The absurdness of bathrobe-wearing fake-Norway speaking humor wizards going at it in wartime Vietnam is priceless.

Thanks for the repost of the video... that we had yesterday on the site?

Yeah, don't know why you post it again, but I'm happy to watch it again.

Comic Sans:

Magicka is like sleeping outdoors with twenty beautiful people who all love you. There's bugs everywhere, but it's SO WORTH IT.

Wilson Driesens:
Yeah, don't know why you post it again, but I'm happy to watch it again.

You didn't have to watch an ad yesterday

Ill repost again.

Arrowhead...studs. all of you. Rock On.

Comic Sans:

check their blogs. They are bug fixing like mad, only major issue they still have is the multiplayer is still slow I beleive.

Rensenhito:
Wait...
What?

That's kind of awesome. I mean, it's weird as hell, but it's awesome.

indeed, love the battlefield bad company parody pic at the end, GENIUS! (oh and the music too, FANTASTIC. one might even say, MAGICKA...L)

Check the bottom at the end of the video "You didn't see this coming, did you?".
Also... I'm a magic cow.

That strikes one magnificent note. If you didn't know the game was absurdly funny before, you do now. Kudos, Gentlemen of Arrowhead. Kudos.

I don't know what to feel.

Magicka has several layers of awesome.

But bugs too. I've never seen the end of a multiplayer game.

So WRONG
so RIGHT

Johnnyallstar:
as much as I enjoy Magicka, It slows down to nearly unplayable at times it's under duress. My computer can play Crisis on high, so it's definitely not a problem on my side.

you sure about that..?
cause for me magicka runs perfectly not matter what I throw at it

Oliver Pink:

Comic Sans:

Magicka is like sleeping outdoors with twenty beautiful people who all love you. There's bugs everywhere, but it's SO WORTH IT.

Unless you have an integrated Intel card.

Then all of those beautiful women have turned into great big guys that wanna...

Yeah, you get the point. Magicka has no love for Intel. >_<

Tell me this is a joke right?

If this is set during the vietnam war as is implied then not only is it nonsensical, but tacky to boot, no matter what side your playing on, unless you're a 'third' side facting a 'fourth' one or it's just an entirely different conflict going on in Vietnam somehow.

Ugh, I have a headache...

that reminds me of my days in nam damn wizards gettin our boys killed, seriously though am i the only one who thought it was going to be surfing birds at first and then disappointed when it wasnt

Well this is just about as insensitive as games can get. Lets take a traumatic event like the Vietnam War and make a bunch of nonsensical shit happen.

Comic Sans:

Actually, a lot of the bugs have been patched out and the game is very stable at the moment.

There are still the odd bug here and there but it's rare. Well recommended now.

Also this is awesome. I wonder if they'll do a Modern Wizardry DLC too.

leviadragon99:

If this is set during the vietnam war as is implied then not only is it nonsensical...

JWAN:
Well this is just about as insensitive as games can get. Lets take a traumatic event like the Vietnam War and make a bunch of nonsensical shit happen.

Nazis, the Taliban, Al-Qaida, suicide-bombers, and all sorts of "bubububu-horrible!" things are made fun of in all kinds of media every, single, day. The Vietnam war ended almost 40 years ago. Give me a break before you give me a headache.

Also: Saw this yesterday. Coincidentally, I bought Magicka later that very day.

Agreed, there is no reason why making fun of the Vietnam war is inherently more heinous than the millions of world war 2 spoofs which has been pulled over the years.

That's *sniff* Beautiful

JWAN:

I sense the faint scent of trollness in that reply. Which I kinda hope, since I'd prefer to think you're joking. And...

Agent Larkin:

Yes. Oh so very much yes.

Looks like IŽll buy that!

... and I havent even finished Magica, partly because of bug but mostly because, Im just a bad player. Still, I love this game!

TotalBiscuit and The Yogscast "play" Magicka - Part 3 - Please stop healing me!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tLRI5OdJL0&feature=channel_video_title

This looks beyond genius. I have never had an urge to play this until now.

Lucifron:

leviadragon99:

If this is set during the vietnam war as is implied then not only is it nonsensical...

JWAN:

Nazis, the Taliban, Al-Qaida, suicide-bombers, and all sorts of "bubububu-horrible!" things are made fun of in all kinds of media every, single, day. The Vietnam war ended almost 40 years ago. Give me a break before you give me a headache.

Also: Saw this yesterday. Coincidentally, I bought Magicka later that very day.

The topic at hand here is the Vietnam war and how those veterans came home to a bunch of stupid, cowardly hippies who threw rocks, yelled insults, threatened their lives and got assaulted by mobs and even had their houses get spray-painted and eggd just because they did what their country told them to do. Now to releasing ANOTHER videogame that mocks what those guys did for their country, as well as for a country that was being threatened by communism (killed WAY more people than Nazism) just adds another layer to the insult.

40 years isn't that long ago. My father and my uncle were both in Vietnam, my father barely made it out with his life, so when people start putting stupid shit like this into videogames pisses me off.

Kilgengoor:

JWAN:

I sense the faint scent of trollness in that reply. Which I kinda hope, since I'd prefer to think you're joking. And...

Agent Larkin:

Yes. Oh so very much yes.

Not trolling at all. Just pointing out the fact that I don't agree with the viewpoint of this game. I already replied to a quote earlier so I wont bore you with the details as for why I feel that way but you can probably find it somewhere in the vicinity of this post.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here