Critical Miss: The Board

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

That's alright, all game's journalists are teenagers, or wish they were.

I think that boo boo is bear sized....Yogi Bear sized.

Wa-hey, it's nice to see Critical Miss going back to it's roots again. Though I feel Erin's anger about how the ESRB's ratings system are a little archiac.

I just stopped and stared at Mol's amazing chopping skills in the first panels (she's not even LOOKING at it!) and just ignored the rest. ^_^

Considering the subject matter, how exactly can you write a "mature" analysis of a game like Bulletstorm?

My eyes bleed from the harsh language contained in this comic. Please fix or do somefink!

88chaz88:

Is anyone arguing that Bulletstorm doesn't have all this? "Childish" language aside, I think it's a fair measurement of the mature content of the game.

I've always found the ESRB summaries to range from fair to fucking hilarious. I find nothing wrong with this. If I was a parent, I would read the ESRB summaries for the games my child wants and it may expose that I don't want my child playing that...it may also expose that the same game is so awesome that I myself want to play it. Here is an example

Here's one that should go on the ESRB's office wall. And just think, this is the GOOD option, the industry done version. Imagine if another government bureaucracy got the job? Oh. Australia. Poor Yahtzee.

Jonluw:
Hm. I haven't read many ESRB writeups, but the one on Dante's inferno seemed rather maturely written if my memory serves me right.

Shhh...it's telling people what they want to hear, who cares if it's right?

OT: Context? There's a context for Bulletstorm's swearing?

Are you guys kidding me? No one picked up on the Dr. Frankenfurter reference in the one-liner at the bottom? I have lost all faith in you guys.

On topic, I think the comic's always been funny. This one's no exception from the rest.

I have never said this before:

Ahem.

Funniest damn thing ever.

This one had my sides aching.

Bravo. Bravo.

Dick Joke Factory eh? Methinks Mr. Croshaw will have a fieldtrip on this one.

Hehe, good one. Reminds me of Moviebob referring to the Academy as a retirement home, for some reason. Like the art, too! (Is something different about it?)

I lol'ed ^^

had to 'dawww' at Erin's face in the second panel

Haha...

I miss chad and lance bro...

*sobs*

Honestly, the amount of ridicule/ire directed at the ESRB's expanded ratings these days is rather confusing to me - as the point of the ESRB is to inform parents (including those who would rather not immerse themselves in bad language - yes, such people do exist) of the content of the game, and has no bearing on older, more responsible people's access to said game that I can see, it seems rather childish to poke fun at them for doing their job - a job that indirectly benefits the gaming public!

The ESRB expanded rating isn't meant for the hardcore gamer! Heck, it's not even meant for the casual gamer! It's meant for the parent trying to see if the content of the game fits within their particular standards for their children's access - similar, in all honesty, to a "family" review site for films. Yet it gets ridiculed up and down the Internet - and for what? For censoring coarse language? For making a list of all the possible "infractions" a parent might find in the game? Honestly...

Welcome back, Critical Miss. I missed you.

(The Steam thing was funny at times but it dragged on too long, imo)

JFuss:
That looks like Pintsize form Questionable Content on the whiteboard.

Didn't notice that. I hereby dub you "EPIC" For pointing that out

... Get it? Epic? ...... Epic games? ........ *sniff* I'm funny... My mommy says so...

This comic is so perfect. Keep it up.

"Help! I'm stuck in a dick joke factory!" might actually make it into the game, if you get 30 dick-jokes in a row or something awesome like that.

I see that Slowbro still lives on in the comics heart. Seeing him on the whiteboard made me actually call the word "Slowbro"
And I guffawed quite heartily over this comics. Brawah again good gentlemen.

Owies? they're called boo-boos thank you very much

Irridium:
I don't know if I can cope with all the severe language in this comic. I think it needs to be censored more. My poor, sensitive ears just couldn't take it.

You read with your ears?

Pedantry aside, great comic.

After reading this comic, I has an owie... I laughed so hard my sides hurt!

Frakkin ESRB :P

"Gross H" I know what that is. Lots of that in Mass Effect and Dragon Age.

I audibly lol'd. Great work guys, your funniest comic in a long time.

Frylock72:
Are you guys kidding me? No one picked up on the Dr. Frankenfurter reference in the one-liner at the bottom? I have lost all faith in you guys

I was about to say the same, but we can affirm each others faith in humanity. It's the Transylvanian Way.

Irridium:
I don't know if I can cope with all the severe language in this comic. I think it needs to be censored more. My poor, sensitive ears just couldn't take it.

I concur! He was using penis jokes again :O

My innocence is being shattered as we speak.

Secondly I loved the SlowBro up on the white board behind him

RanD00M:
I see that Slowbro still lives on in the comics heart. Seeing him on the whiteboard made me actually call the word "Slowbro"
And I guffawed quite heartily over this comics. Brawah again good gentlemen.

Glad I wasn't the only one who noticed

I actually yelped out loud "BRO"!

I got a good laugh out of this one. Helps I have played Bulletstorm. I know I showed it to my dad, and the uncomfortable adjusting in his seat made it clear the language was making him more uncomfortable than the violence.

P.S. - I Love the Rocky Horror Reference. That was golden.

SILLY UNICORN CUP FTW.

Aw, I love fridays.

It is my sad duty to inform you that this comic had shown people directly referencing swearing, and as such, after reading this, my generic and completely real son has devoted his life to the destruction of everything good in the universe.

Please fix.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or