Creature Caster Masters: A Challenger Appears

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

jrplette:

So knock it off.

First of all, don't tell me what to do. Second, I'm only biased against this show in the sense that it represents every crappy flash animation to have ever come off of Newgrounds; terrible video game parody depraved of jokes with bad animation and poor voice acting. I wouldn't hate this show if it didn't suck so much. It's not like I'm against Pokemon parodies. But Pokemon parodies have been done for years, so you have to do something to make your stand out. This does nothing. It's just mediocre schlock and I don't know why people like it so much. There are much better parodies that follow this same exact premise all over the internet.

Maybe it just irks me that we could have gotten a more orginal video series and instead there's this. But if this show is going to be on this site, I'm going to keep criticizing it until it improves. There are a lot of shows ere I don't like but I can see why other people do. This is one of the few that I feel is legitimately bad. You might think my criticisms are to harsh. But even if this is the case I still feel they are legitimate complaints that the maker should keep in mind.

TheAweDude:

Check and mate good sir.

Except you just made most of that up based purely on assumptions. You have to give specific examples to back up these personality traits, becuase I have seen almost nothing to support them. For example, I don't see how Tun-Tun is "genre savy" at all. He does everything Justin asks him without a second thought, and if he really was "genre savy" he would at least hesitate, being aware of the flaws in Justin's orders. But he doesn't do that, so I don't know where you're getting this from.

I think this was my favourite episode so far. TBH, I don't understand why some people vehemently dislike it ... I mean, this episode wasn't that funny, but I don't think it is intended to be a big joke. The series doesn't have to be funny all the time to be entertaining - I enjoyed the action, rather than the humour, in this ep.

Although I don't understand the mechanics behind the card fighting system (how can you hide a card and yet still use it?) I am confident this will become clear in time. I really like the combination of similarities and differences with Pokemon - at first I thought it would just be a clone with different characters, but I see the whole world is quite subtly different. This I like. That's my 2 cents!

Internet Kraken:
Except you just made most of that up based purely on assumptions. You have to give specific examples to back up these personality traits, becuase I have seen almost nothing to support them. For example, I don't see how Tun-Tun is "genre savy" at all. He does everything Justin asks him without a second thought, and if he really was "genre savy" he would at least hesitate, being aware of the flaws in Justin's orders. But he doesn't do that, so I don't know where you're getting this from.

You said I could not use any actions, just personality.

You going back your word, foo'?

TheAweDude:

You said I could not use any actions, just personality.

You going back your word, foo'?

I shouldn't have to explain this. What I meant was that you can't simply describe what the character does. You have to say what their personality is and how this is reflected by their actions and dialogue. You didn't do that. You could say anything about a character but unless you give some examples it might as well be false. My complaint is that there is nothing done or said by these two characters that reflects the personalities you assigned for them.

I honestly think this is one of the better shows on the escapist right now. Show about games show is horrible, Loading ready run as long gone stale, and i still fail to see the point of daily drop. I read through all these comments and I'm seeing a tn of love and a ton of hate. All I ca say is I'm glad there is something new to add to the now pitiful video line up here on the escapist.

Hahaha. Damn, kraky. I'm worried you'll throw your back out if you keep shifting the goal posts like that every post.

Internet Kraken:
I shouldn't have to explain this. What I meant was that you can't simply describe what the character does. You have to say what their personality is and how this is reflected by their actions and dialogue. You didn't do that. You could say anything about a character but unless you give some examples it might as well be false. My complaint is that there is nothing done or said by these two characters that reflects the personalities you assigned for them.

Ok, I'm tired right now, so I'll just say that why don't you do better? Make a video series and get it approved by the Escapist AND have it better than this one.

TheAweDude:

Ok, I'm tired right now, so I'll just say that why don't you do better? Make a video series and get it approved by the Escapist AND have it better than this one.

This is the worst counter-argument.

I seriously don't get it when people think this is a legitimate response. It makes no sense. You're basically saying that in order to criticize something, you need to be capable of doing what that person does better. That's not how criticism works. By this logic, should anyone be allowed to oppose what the president does? Just because we can't all be president doesn't mean we can't speak out when they do something we don't like.

I never claimed that I would be able to animate my own video series or anything of the like. I'm certainly not bitter that something I made didn't get picked over this, since I had nothing competing with this in the first place. I am merely speaking out against this show as a user of the site in hopes that it improves. Just because I'm not capable of making something better than it doesn't mean I can't do that.

Internet Kraken:

TheAweDude:

This is the worst counter-argument.

I seriously don't get it when people think this is a legitimate response. It makes no sense. You're basically saying that in order to criticize something, you need to be capable of doing what that person does better. That's not how criticism works. By this logic, should anyone be allowed to oppose what the president does? Just because we can't all be president doesn't mean we can't speak out when they do something we don't like.

I never claimed that I would be able to animate my own video series or anything of the like. I'm certainly not bitter that something I made didn't get picked over this, since I had nothing competing with this in the first place. I am merely speaking out against this show as a user of the site in hopes that it improves. Just because I'm not capable of making something better than it doesn't mean I can't do that.

The problem I'm having, and I think the majority of the community can agree with me, is that we like this show. We like the quirkiness and we take it for what it is. Sure the battle system can approve but hell this is the very first episode it has been featured. It takes a few episodes for something to legitimately work. We can understand that. But for some reason you don't accept the fact that this show has only had a few episodes to get started. Think about it, great shows such as Doctor Who were extremely boring the first few episodes. But the fan base gave it time and it has became one of the most successful TV Shows in history.

I hardly see how your feedback can help anyone with anything. For one you just plain mean in all your responses. Were all human yet you treat the creators and us like were inferior to your knowledge.

Try this, maybe this show isn't for you. But it is for the rest of us. Stop raining on our parade and give legitimate feedback that isn't low bunches.

(Also I'm pretty sure thr entire season has been recorded already)

Thy Doctor:
-snip-

I'll give feedback in whatever way I see fit, so long as I'm not breaking any forum rules (I'm not). I only mention that I don't understand why people like this show because I legitimately don't. It's not meant to be insulting, it's an honest question because the jokes in the show have been done better many times before in many different things. How about instead of complaining about me giving criticism, you just ignore it and keep watching the show? If it really bothers you, you don't have to read my posts. I only care that the creator sees them and hopefully picks up something, anything, from them.

Also I was under the impression that episodes are not all produced in advance, otherwise I don't see why this would be a bi-weekly show.

I'm sure your vague complaints will be a useful tool for the creators of this series.
Wouldn't your time be better spent complaining about Lisa Foiles having boobs or something?

Internet Kraken:

Thy Doctor:
-snip-

I'll give feedback in whatever way I see fit, so long as I'm not breaking any forum rules (I'm not). I only mention that I don't understand why people like this show because I legitimately don't. It's not meant to be insulting, it's an honest question because the jokes in the show have been done better many times before in many different things. How about instead of complaining about me giving criticism, you just ignore it and keep watching the show? If it really bothers you, you don't have to read my posts. I only care that the creator sees them and hopefully picks up something, anything, from them.

See, its that attitude that keeps the creator from actually reading the comments. Yourcriticism, for all its insight, is going unread because you are acting like a jerk. You can play Mr. Superior with your

Internet Kraken:

First of all, don't tell me what to do.

and your

Internet Kraken:

I'll give feedback in whatever way I see fit

But your comments go unread. I've spoken with Jimtopia. He stopped reading the comments because of you specifically.

But by all means, carry on. Its not like you're not breaking forum rules or anything. There are no rules against being a jerk.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/codeofconduct

Oh wait.

jrplette:

But your comments go unread. I've spoken with Jimtopia. He stopped reading the comments because of you specifically.

So the guy who makes these videos stopped reading all of the comments just becuase of me? Not only is that incredibly petty, it's also incredibly foolish since I remember there being an ignore feature on this site. But if this guy cares so little about criticism that he's not even going to bother reading the comments then I might as well not even try. He's not going to improve because clearly he doesn't give a damn if he was offended this easily.

Also I'm being no more of a jerk than anyone else in this thread is being to me. Maybe I am being rude but I only started doing so after receiving so much flak from the fans of this show just for daring to criticize it. And you know what, that doesn't justify being rude. I'll admit that. But don't pretend your not being rude either.

But yeah if the creator isn't even reading comments I'm done. It's a lost cause.

As a creator of stuff myself, yes, it can hurt to receive criticism, but as far as I am aware, Internet Kraken only offered constructive criticism, with suggestions as to what to do better. I am not aware of him simply lashing out with something like "This sucks and you're a n00b." The first is trying to help you, even if you think it hurts, the second is simply judgmental and not helpful in any way. Personally, I don't find this series funny and I stopped watching it partway through the second episode. I also didn't watch Pokemon or Yugioh, so the humor, no matter how good it is, doesn't really appeal to me.

But reading the comments here, I think that the creator on this one has to take his big boy pill. You might get 100 people telling you how wonderful what you create is and how every line is a diamond sheathed in gold that has dropped from your lips. That's fine, and it's always fun to read. But it's the constructive criticism that will help you get better. Don't dismiss it out of hand.

I seem to be missing some of the humour, but that theme song is awesome!

The story is a good in that I like Chad and hate him :D

I agree though, that if you have an actual battle system, these comments will soon devolve into people endlessly criticizing the minuta of the battles and who should have really one :D It comes with the territory of a good show. (I mean check out the mess that is the Erfworld "Reaction" forums)

I have no idea what you guys are doing with this, but keep it up. This is the most hilarious series I've seen since Scott Pilgrim.

Haha! Awesome series.

Looking forward to seeing more of this.

...I wonder how the exact rules of the game go, you can only guess so much from a single battle.

Lol he just passes out great refrence to pokemon XD

Hahaha good stuff, I like that this series is keeping true to the theme and making good use of it's time. The jokes work smoothly and the series is quite fun. Keep up the good work.

Bleh. I love this series so much so far, but the episodes are released so far apart. I need me some more CCM NAO! Pretty please.

shouldn't the new ep be out now.

I like this, but it needs a lot of work. A LOT. However, I'm going to be very lenient only because you're just starting off. I'll be looking forward to new episodes.

I really want to give this show a chance........

Meet me halfway here dude.

Ok not trolling but isn't it meant to come out every 2 weeks, it's been 3 now, they could at least say WHY it's being delayed.

ProtoChimp:
Ok not trolling but isn't it meant to come out every 2 weeks, it's been 3 now, they could at least say WHY it's being delayed.

I quite agree. Please do not leave us hanging. If it is canceled THEN TELL US. If it is gonna be late THEN TELL US!

I'm pretty sure it's cancelled... Maybe they'll bring back something good? Maybe something beginning with D and some A's?

Random Fella:
I'm pretty sure it's cancelled... Maybe they'll bring back something good? Maybe something beginning with D and some A's?

Maybe but even that series was MEH at best. I say more Unforgotten Realms!!!

This IS a good series too you know.

Am I the only one who loves the music from this episode?

Also yeah, being able to make your rival shut up by calling him an a-hole is a feature that needs to be in future pokemon games.

Just checked this out for the first time.
Not as an offense, but I literally couldn't tell where the jokes were. I'm actually curious, are other people finding this funny? I didn't know my sense of humor was THAT different.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here