GDC 2011: Monsters, Cleavage and Explosions

Monsters, Cleavage and Explosions

Lisa Foiles and Frag Doll "Spectra" let loose at GDC.

Watch Video

The second I heard her say her #1 game was Portal 2, I smiled so much.

I'm amazed that some the misconceptions about WoW linger even in, well, the professional circles of gaming, by lack of better terms. You can just play it a few hours each week y'know. Silly people.

Anyway, random vids like this make envy them so much, it shows the awesomeness of conventions like this better than regular interviews with game devs. Mimicking Octodad was hilarious.

Also, what's up with saying "like" all the time? Is that an American thing, because a while ago when I noticed an American travel group in my train, they too spammed "like" so. friggin. much.

Tell the truth....did you get a kickback from Ex'pressions College for that bg placement???

You better watch were that tentacle goes...

I know I'm not the only one who, seconds before the fragdoll answered what her most anticipated game was, guessed she would say Portal 2.
I hope I'm not being sexist in saying this, but it really did seem to resonate with girls. Maybe it was the female protagonist? Or do all women have the same twisted sense of humour as my girlfriend? XD

Mila Kunis plays wow with Mackulie Culkin?

Do want server info. I'd resub. :D

cp.06:
I know I'm not the only one who, seconds before the fragdoll answered what her most anticipated game was, guessed she would say Portal 2.
I hope I'm not being sexist in saying this, but it really did seem to resonate with girls. Maybe it was the female protagonist? Or do all women have the same twisted sense of humour as my girlfriend? XD

Yeah, because recognizing a game's generally positive reception by women (or, I guess 'girls') is soooooooo sexist.

Skipped through a lot of it coz of *boring inane chat,* but where did the monsters, cleavage & explosions part happen?

Wow...that was pointless. 6 Minutes of non-entertaining walking around and nothing interesting to say or show.

FogHornG36:

Thought about that too. But the frag doll didn't seem to mind as much as Lisa. Naughty, naughty.

Gotta admit that I only came for the cleavage :(

Also: sales of octodad - recently increased by 4000%

Grahav:

FogHornG36:

Thought about that too. But the frag doll didn't seem to mind as much as Lisa. Naughty, naughty.

Bow chika bow wow

04whim:
Gotta admit that I only came for the cleavage :(

Also: sales of octodad - recently increased by 4000%

FALSE ADVERTISING!

That was REALLY worth watching!

I am just upset that I didn't see Lisa Foiles at GDC. Oh well, next year!

auronvi:
I am just upset that I didn't see Lisa Foiles at GDC. Oh well, next year!

Same and agreed. Was hoping to be able to say hi and "Top-5" high five her. It was still a great conference (for me at least)

cp.06:

As far as my experience goes, girls LOVE puzzle and point-and-click adventure games that aren't about manual dexterity but more about taxing your brain. I play any Broken Sword games, and the females in my family become backseat gamers!

I hate the frag dolls. Seriously. Why do they have to make a big deal out of girl gamers?

Cowabungaa:
Also, what's up with saying "like" all the time? Is that an American thing, because a while ago when I noticed an American travel group in my train, they too spammed "like" so. friggin. much.

Like is space filling, and comparable to um. It lets one take half a second to think about phrasing. It's terrible form in public speaking, but without it there would just be awkward pauses. I'm sure people from [your country here] have a similar verbal tic. (And yes, I realize this was probably a rhetorical question, but I'm feeling chatty today).

Cousin_IT:
Skipped through a lot of it coz of *boring inane chat,* but where did the monsters, cleavage & explosions part happen?]

Unfortunately, that was just them describing something they saw on a screen off camera. This made me sad, as I am generally a fan of all of the above.

Mumorpuger:
Mila Kunis plays wow with Mackulie Culkin?

Do want server info. I'd resub. :D

Having played WoW with Felicia Day, Jeff Lewis and a few other The Guild cast members in the past, I know that many celebrities consider their WoW characters to be secrets of the highest order to avoid being mobbed by fans every time they log in.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here