Trailers: Tropico 4 Teaser

Tropico 4 Teaser

Rule over your tropical island with a benevolent touch or iron fist in Tropico 4.

Watch Video

Tropico is to RTS players like Duke Nukem is to FPS players.

VIVA EL PRESIDENTE!

Viva El Presidente!

Alright! I might actually buy this one. I liked the demo of the third, but never got around to buying it.

The_root_of_all_evil:
Tropico is to RTS players like Duke Nukem is to FPS players.

VIVA EL PRESIDENTE!

Huh, really? The trailer made it look quirky indeed. I haven't played a city-sim in ages, especially not a fun one like this. I could use a lighthearted game amidst all these action-fests. Shame I don't have a Wii, would've bought Kirby's Epic Yarn instead.

Maybe Tropico 3's demo will lure me in.

Oh come on, not everything needs facebook and twitter. I'm still having fun with 3 anyway

Cowabungaa:

It's a shameless satire of Banana Republics (Cuba especially) and runs REALLY close to the mark, but doesn't sit on either side of the fence. It has it's problems, but for a great RTS, it still has a dark black sense of humour.

Well worth it.

It's great that those with only a console (and access to a not so good pc :|) can finally play great PC IP's.

VIVA EL PRESIDENTE!

Ah, I remember the good old days of Tropico 1 and 2...

VIVA EL PRESIDENTE!

Nothing against Kalypso, but I feel PopCap really hit on a good balance with the original Tropico and I don't think numero 3 came close. From what I played, the humour was overdone, which ruined my experience a bit.

Here's hoping we don't have another Banana Republic with number 4.

Already on number four? I still need to play Tropico 3! Quite liked the demo, but never came around playing it.

Viva El Presidente!

I played 3, i own 3, i don't see what this new game bringing anything new to the table that needs to be made into a full game...

yey! cant wait! hope you can shoot that DJ again

I found a guilty pleasure in Tropico 3 but the trailer doesn't impress. It appears to use many of the same models and like in the title screen of T3 people are shown doing things that they don't actually do in the game. I fear the fourth is going to suffer massively from that same lack of amusing or interesting feedback in the actual model that T3 was widely criticised for.

Warchiefwill:
It's great that those with only a console (and access to a not so good pc :|) can finally play great PC IP's.

VIVA EL PRESIDENTE!

Alternatively, you can just buy the old games.

Hopefully, this game won't dumb down for the console master race.

Tropico 2 is not a Tropico game. Trust me.

That said, I'm awaiting eagerly as a huge Tropico fan.

Looks suspiciously identical to Tropico 3

The_root_of_all_evil:

Cowabungaa:

It's a shameless satire of Banana Republics (Cuba especially) and runs REALLY close to the mark, but doesn't sit on either side of the fence. It has it's problems, but for a great RTS, it still has a dark black sense of humour.

Well worth it.

Indeed! I've enjoyed Tropico from the first one, and it definitely has a humour all its own, from "El Presidentia's Childhood Home Museum" to the advisor not understanding why "Gay Marriage" angers the religious faction.

Definitely, will buy. And would return to Tropico 3, but I'm trying to get my Dragon Age 1 game save complete (Awakening and then the Witch Hunt to go!) ready for Friday (alas, I live in the UK).

Tropico isn't for everyone, as most RTS's/City Builders aren't, but if you like either genre, or have some cash to try something new, Tropico is likely to be enjoyable for you.

The third one is a peak of the series for me. From what I seen on the trailer there is very little improvement to graphics and a quite a small amount of new features (Facebook AND Twitter? Dear god you are spoiling us). That said, now that I seen the trailer I will need to reinstall the third part...

Goooooooooooooooooooood Moooorniiiing Troooooopicoooooo!

Really enjoyed the 3rd part, dunno how much of an improvement this is over the last game though. Hopefully we'll see more in the upcoming months that can prove it worthy of attention.

Wow, we waited six years for Tropico 3 from Tropico 2, and only 2 for Tropico 4. Fascinating.

Is it just me, or did anyone else find this subtly creepy?

VIVA! VIVA!

I don't know why but this trailer's style felt very much like the Stalin vs Martians trailer, except less entertaining for not having any dancing dictators in it.

The great thing about Tropico 4, isn't micromanaging that terrible drought, it's showing everyone online that I did.

In all fairness, it sounds like the game of my dreams though. It's sending me to sleep just watching the teaser.

The absolute power add on is quite funky (got it in the steam sale), as it added some good buildings and the megolamania edicts.

I hope that Tropico 4 will add much more in the way of buildings, the only thing you can really see in the trailer is that they have big cruise boats... so maybe tourist docks can be expanded upon, host cruiseship tours or something?

Volcano eruptions sound quite cool, especially if they take more of a live action SimCity style disasters rather then a simple event notification (oh no earth quake happened! you lost 3 buildings and 5 people!).

Also, let us control the military in conflicts... the combat was the only horrible part of Tropico 3 :(

Thats all well and good... but wheres the gameplay?

From the trailer, it looks like you run around with a camcorder, trying to record people into voting you back in?

kahlzun:

From the trailer, it looks like you run around with a camcorder, trying to record people into voting you back in?

It's a teaser. It's only meant to get you excited.

And I am!

Viva El Presidente!

kahlzun:

yup, the gameplay is like the street where you see the car passing by... i think so.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here