Trailers: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Marlowe Intro

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Marlowe Intro

A sneak peak into one of Uncharted 3: Drake's Decepection's in-game cutscenes.

Watch Video

I've said it once and I'll say it again...

Game is looking good though, Uncharted 2 is the best looking game I've ever seen, the lushest plants, the most realistic textures. The 3rd should be brilliant.

Oh come on! Seriously? Seriously?!
You know, this wouldn't be as bad if they had more 'British' accents then Cockney and Posh.

OK, those facial animations looked...bad? I mean...really bad. Especially compared to Uncharted 2's. What the hell?

Daystar Clarion:

Game is looking good though, Uncharted 2 is the best looking game I've ever seen, the lushest plants, the most realistic textures. The 3rd should be brilliant.

Yeah, but we make the best villans! It's either that or Nazis or Russians and frankly, I'm sick of Nazis and Russians.

Fallen-Angel Risen-Demon:
You know, this wouldn't be as bad if they had more 'British' accents then Cockney and Posh.

Agreed. I think America honestly believes that we all speak Cockney unless we're educated and then we just sound posh...

Lot's of room for improvement, based on this one small clip.

But still......This has made me want to play the game and get wrapped up in the story even more.

So...it's basically Helen Mirren with a knife-brella...okay..? :/

Wow I'm surprised grandma actually used the word 'shit'. I expect a certain amount of sophistication from Posh British villains.
Can't really say much about the game based on that one clip. Animation looks... alright and we've ID'd the villain but not much else.

Proverbial Jon:

Agreed. I think America honestly believes that we all speak Cockney unless we're educated and then we just sound posh...

You mean there are more? O.O

I actually liked the facial animations.

Yes. Yes we do.

Ok, out of context. What was all that about?

HankMan:
Wow I'm surprised grandma actually used the word 'shit'. I expect a certain amount of sophistication from Posh British villains.
Can't really say much about the game based on that one clip. Animation looks... alright and we've ID'd the villain but not much else.

Proverbial Jon:

You mean there are more? O.O

Yeah sure! There's the Australian/English accent made popular by Dick Van Dyke in the Mary Poppins movie.

There's also whatever accent that Sean Connery always uses.

....that's it.

Jason Statham?

I dont really care how ham fisted they make the accents, there american, its bound to be laughable from the point of view of anyone in the UK as i think americans have been fooled into thinking we are all posh or cockneys from the 1800. Just like we have been lead to believe that americans are all overweight religeous loonies, which im sure is also a steriotype blown out of all proportion.

Itll be good as long as we get a stroll around some nice british landmarks for a change, im fairly bored of the whole middle east and russia senarios now, and remembering resistance 1, it makes for great and varied maps. And with the milenia of druidic, celtic, nordic, roman, anglosaxon, spanish, french and german history, theres alot to work with story wise.

Nb: It is true that british people love tea though, its awesome.

yeah bloody yanks are all talk...

Daystar Clarion:

Yes, we make good villains.

But by god, we make the best smooth talking goddamn heroes on Earth.

Why does Nathan Drake keep looking more and more like Colin Farrell?

cocoro67:
Jason Statham?

Seriously. Did they get the Stath on board?

My first reaction to the British bad guys was "really? And the dialogue is like that? It's just like a typical Hollywood movie with those stereotypes" and then remembered that this is Uncharted we're talking about, and cheesy Hollywood movie is its whole thing.
I think it's about time Drake ran into a bad American though, it's starting to look like he just goes to foreign countries and looks for an an excuse to commit genocide.

Wow, the graphics look great, the cutscenes are action-packed, and the dialogue is amazing. Who woulda thunk it?

I agree with the British woman. Drake's a cocky little shit. I get that it's his character, but that doesn't not make me want to beat him repeatedly over the head with a tire-iron.

Can't wait to see this movie.

I think I heard her say "you'll get him back" could it be possible that Him could be his son. Just speculating. Also I don't care any more we the bad guys, it's just a common thing these days, but they so need a chav to complete the English stereotype spectrum.

Well i liked it (and i'm English) so nyaaaa!

Oh how I wish for a British bad guy in a game with a heavy westcountry accent, it seemed to work in Hot Fuzz. Downside being if you arent from the south of england its gonna need subtitles.
P.S, Why is Mr Drake suddenly looking like Colonel Shepard from Stargate Atlantis?

Katamake:
Oh how I wish for a British bad guy in a game with a heavy westcountry accent, it seemed to work in Hot Fuzz. Downside being if you arent from the south of england its gonna need subtitles.
P.S, Why is Mr Drake suddenly looking like Colonel Shepard from Stargate Atlantis?

"'ere Drake, this be the last toime you foil me grand plans. Gonna have to run ya down with me tractor oi think."

Win.

ShadowKirby:

cocoro67:
Jason Statham?

Seriously. Did they get the Stath on board?

Anything and everything is improved by the Stath getting on board...

Hey, if you imagine Drake is Charlie Sheen and the old British lady is Dame Judi Dench, it makes perfect sense!

Daystar Clarion:

Amurica.

Am I the only one who thought that the British lady looked like M or Q or whatever the lady's name is in the James Bond movies?

I can sum up this game in one sentence: Drake gets betrayed, then fights some monsters near the end, game over.

Yawn.

Jumplion:

Amurica.

Am I the only one who thought that the British lady looked like M or Q or whatever the lady's name is in the James Bond movies?

+1 ditto
and yes, she does look like M.

Cor blimey guvna! Gotta luv them stereotypes me old muckas... *sigh*

I disagree with the looking like Judy Dench thing gotta say :P
However I do see the Helen Mirran comparison.

holy crap, jason statham is in this game.

I guess I'll have to wait another year for Crank 3 >.>

not sure if it's Jason Statham, sounds more like Vinnie Jones from my first listen. could be wrong though. they're both Cockney Hard-nuts

Frozen Donkey Wheel2:
OK, those facial animations looked...bad? I mean...really bad. Especially compared to Uncharted 2's. What the hell?

Im sure the game is still being worked on.

Not like this is the final product

Freechoice:
I agree with the British woman. Drake's a cocky little shit. I get that it's his character, but that doesn't not make me want to beat him repeatedly over the head with a tire-iron.

I thought as I watched this cutscene that Yahtzee would be pleased with her assessment of Drake, and the terms in which she phrased it =P

I'm looking forward immensely to Uncharted 3 - Uncharted 2 is probably my favourite non-nostalgia based game of all time =)

using graphics from the first game? looks it

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or