The Escapist Presents: Dragon Age II: Party Profiles: Rogue

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Dragon Age II: Party Profiles: Rogue

The Escapist brings you the rundown on the rogue class and party members of Dragon Age II.

Watch Video

You guys must really like DA2, or are getting paid well. Either way rogues ftw

Rogue that aren't pure stealth characters are a rarity.

I like doing backflips and shit.

I really need to do more of those power combo things. Probably help me get past my current boss hurdle...

I hope rogues are still OP like crazy. Ah, memories. I also liked the demo the most as rogue, so probably making Hawke a rogue. Stabby, stabby fun :).

So basically Bioware is encouraging us to switch between party members and get creative with everyone's abilities. Niiiiiiiiiiccccccccccceeeeee!

Grey_Focks:
I really need to do more of those power combo things. Probably help me get past my current boss hurdle...

Wiped the first time I tried my hand at that but then I managed to beat it by playing it safe. Dunno what your group setup was but mine was Mage Hawke, Merelil, Varric and the guardswoman(forgot her name). Either way unless you've tried to already I suggest always prioritizing the small fry when they appear, don't think the power combos will help you much with the boss itself (Oh and they are weak to ice)

RejjeN:

Grey_Focks:

Wiped the first time I tried my hand at that but then I managed to beat it by playing it safe. Dunno what your group setup was but mine was Mage Hawke, Merelil, Varric and the guardswoman(forgot her name). Either way unless you've tried to already I suggest always prioritizing the small fry when they appear, don't think the power combos will help you much with the boss itself (Oh and they are weak to ice)

yea, I only tried once so far, but that one time was pretty disheartening. I have Warrior hawke (two-handed paladin), Varric, Merelil, and...boobsface? Forget her name, but the pirate woman. And my biggest regret ATM is not bringing a mage with me who can heal. Really wish I'd brought Anders or mah sister instead of creepy elf girl right about now.

Oh, and kinda off topic, but I LOVE that paladins don't suck anymore! Hell, the first ability you can get in that tree is freaking amazing.

Just created a rogue character, no time to actually start the game.

Bah. Still have to finish FNV first.

I'm really annoyed they took dual-wielding away from warriors. My 'personal canon' DAO character was a dual-wielding warrior that did massive damage and tanked like nobody's business. The abilities added by Awakening made her even more ridiculous.

I wish The rouges in the first game had this much specialization. I would have liked to do back-flips with my rouge.

I just saw the pirate lady...

I'm SO pissed off that the game is so much. >)<

SwimmingRock:
I hope rogues are still OP like crazy. Ah, memories. I also liked the demo the most as rogue, so probably making Hawke a rogue. Stabby, stabby fun :).

Yes, Rogues are still OP.
Still kind of boring that we must rely on specializations to make the class unique.

Well now it's confirmed that someone is getting paid to praise a certain game:D

Rogues seem to become mostly a support-class, just like WoW. Fair enough. Play it there, might as well play it here.

And oh, will never use Isabella. Her boobs are in the way for fluent, Rogue-like fighting. Invent plastig surgery in Dragon Age and have them removed.

Very nice video, I was planning on playing an archery rogue on my first playthrough.

But then again, I don't want to make Varrick superfluous to my party because he seems so cool, and I don't want to roll a mage 'cause I like Bethany more than Carver from the demo, but I find the warrior class the least interesting. Choices, choices....

I was wondering if I should stick with a rogue when I get the game, or try out mage. Rogue it is then! :P

Nice. I've already decided to roll a rogue first though. All the stabbing felt soooo good.

Also:
"popping her up in the rear" *chuckles*

Do I have a bad sense of humor? I don't care.

do you still need to invest in cunning to get more dialogue options? And are rogues still the only class that can use cunning as a combat stat?

...I just want to say: pirate puns for the win. That is all.

If you chose to play the game as a female character... will the Pirate girl STILL try to "get with you"?

misterprickly:
If you chose to play the game as a female character... will the Pirate girl STILL try to "get with you"?

That would be a really good reason to play!

misterprickly:

At least in the demo, yes, she does.

It's really rather distracting that all the women in Dragon Age are so well-endowed, to the point where they can't wear men's armor. Maybe a wizard did it.

Ok I'm sorry, I know this has little to no significance on the overall game and the structure of a play type like Rogue.........but that woman leaning forward looks like an absolute hag.

Yet shes obviously still intended to be "hawt". Shes got that stupid ducklipped pout that models do, shes giving the best angle down her shirt, and shes trying to make bedroom eyes. But she looks like a friggen transvestite.

Fr]anc[is:
You guys must really like DA2, or are getting paid well. Either way rogues ftw

We really like DA2 and know that much of our community does, too. :)

Hmmm straddling between a rogue or a warrior, guess IŽll see when I have the spare time.

I love Rogues, gonna play as a mage too though.

Grey_Focks:
yea, I only tried once so far, but that one time was pretty disheartening. I have Warrior hawke (two-handed paladin), Varric, Merelil, and...boobsface? Forget her name, but the pirate woman. And my biggest regret ATM is not bringing a mage with me who can heal. Really wish I'd brought Anders or mah sister instead of creepy elf girl right about now.

Oh, and kinda off topic, but I LOVE that paladins don't suck anymore! Hell, the first ability you can get in that tree is freaking amazing.

I didn't have any healers myself (My mage is an offensive powerhouse) though I really liked the battle regardless of how annoying the minions were, a bit different from the usual "stab until it dies" boss battle. And Merrill is awesome so shush!

..... wow you guys must be getting allot of revenue from DA2 to be giving it this much exposure.

RejjeN:

I didn't have any healers myself (My mage is an offensive powerhouse) though I really liked the battle regardless of how annoying the minions were, a bit different from the usual "stab until it dies" boss battle. And Merrill is awesome so shush!

Merrill is kinda awesome, agreed, but I'm just afraid she's gonna become a new Tali...and I mean in the creepy fan-art way.

misterprickly:

Yes. The four main romance options are all bisexual options and Isabella is aggressive, so...

But she was that way in Origins too.

Robyrt:
It's really rather distracting that all the women in Dragon Age are so well-endowed, to the point where they can't wear men's armor. Maybe a wizard did it.

Other than Isabela (who I agree is ridiculous for someone so acrobatic) and maybe Flemeth, who's overly chesty? Bethany in Varric's exaggerated intro story doesn't count.

reddog247:

misterprickly:

That would be a really good reason to play!

Well yeah, what is a Bioware game nowadays without a bisexual love/bed interest?
Is it just me or did Isabela become vaguely Persian in-between games?
Considering I'm already rolling a Dwarven Rogue in DA:O and DA2 gives you one (with personality and better voiceacting) for free, I think I'll be trying something else with Hawke...

misterprickly:

Yes.
Yes.

and Dear God yes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MX6VoUjJ7Rs&feature=related

I love how she starts a Barfight both times we see her.

Do none of the reviewers here play Dragon Age 2 on a PC? I'm not complaining, just curious. Most videos I've seen have all been for consoles (the inferior platform for the game ;D).

Alar:
Do none of the reviewers here play Dragon Age 2 on a PC? I'm not complaining, just curious. Most videos I've seen have all been for consoles (the inferior platform for the game ;D).

In this case, the Xbox 360 version is the one we were sent, and the one that was being played for review.

Besides that, the console versions are easier to record video on, given the option. We've got a good setup for capturing HD video on the consoles, with the video being run through both a capture box and then out to our TV. Capturing video on the PC, on the other hand, means the same machine is both running the game and recording the video, so the quality isn't guaranteed.

And, as much as it may hurt to acknowledge, more people will play the console versions. It's a better representation of what most people will experience to show footage from the Xbox.

I'm playing it on PC though :P

woot, I hope you guys keep this going, will keep me satisfied until the UK launch on friday :(

Alar:

To be completely honest, the switch from console to PC made the combat seem less, I guess flowy would be the best word? Not as smooth might be a better choice. The combat just seemed to flow on console to me, not so much on PC, though that's just my opinion. I'm having a lot of fun with Dragon Age 2 so far, though.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here