GDC 2011: Lisa Foiles Crash Tests DanceWall

Lisa Foiles Crash Tests DanceWall

Lisa Foiles gets hips-on time with Softkinetic's upcoming Japanese-game-show-meets-DDR game, DanceWall.

Watch Video

That game actually looks pretty fun, a virtual version of the japanese game show "Brain Wall" or its uk/us/aus gameshow versions: "hole in the wall" (video was first result & for comedy value)

When is it out? Can't actually find any info online about it.

EDIT: After further looking the only related results I could find were this video and a few others but none have any information other than its a demo. Couldn't even find it on the SoftKinect website.

Also forgot to say: "Very brave! I wouldn't play a game like this with random people watching me especially if they had not told me you had to jump at points" :)

Well if Lisa come with the game then I'm pre-ordering, otherwise I'd rather watch the original show.

first thing you do if you FAIL at a game. blame the RULES! "oh i didn't know i had to jump", "oh, this and that!"

xD still funny to watch. and actually, if you're drunk and have piss ass drunk friends, this game could be fun. sober tho... hmm.

I have no intention of buying that game, but I'll be sure to watch a Youtube video of some freak acing that game.

Is it just me or does her voice sound much lower when she talks more casual.
More game related: The game immediately reminded me of that japanese tetris game (see some posts above me). But the only funny parts about that show was laughing at failing contestants. I don't know how much fun it is to actually do these poses.

OniaPL:
I have no intention of buying that game, but I'll be sure to watch a Youtube video of some freak acing that game.

Agreed.

Haha Lisa is so awkward it's cute :P And she's a brunette now.

Anyway, The game looks alright. Might be fun for a couple minutes but not something I'm going to go out and buy myself.

I don't know why, but I feel as though Toby should have dropped in at some point.

...is that all it is? I feel like I'd get really bored after like 5 minutes.

I'll stick with Muscle March on Wii.

Scorched_Cascade:
snip

Gah ninja'd by the first post! But yeah that's exactly what I thought of too. And I'm sure it's their inspiration.

As for the game... Well looks like shit but an 8yr old girl might want it.

Man the camera was at such the right angle when she was doing them poses
That doesn't look exciting at all, maybe at a firends with a few people but we'd proably, no, eventually go back to Rockband, Halo and COD.

Since when is Lisa brunette? :P
I think blond suits her more, but, whatever her haircolor, she'll always be pretty ^^

the game looks like its going to be a AWESOME party game. Prety cool :)

Her natural hair color reminds me of Donna Noble, and she's acting just as ditzy.

Damn Lisa why you so cute?

Lisa is totally Moe, so cute.

Stop nodding your head!

Sanglyon:
I'll stick with Muscle March on Wii.

Yup, its just a much manlier game then this.

emusega:
More game related: The game immediately reminded me of that japanese tetris game (see some posts above me). But the only funny parts about that show was laughing at failing contestants. I don't know how much fun it is to actually do these poses.

Her voice sounds lower because I think this is her real voice, the higher pitch voice she uses on Top 5 is supposed to be comic, and is forced, obviously.

emusega:

nah, the voice is just what happens when you dye your hair blonde.

---

also, can't wait for the two player version :)
I got some fun positions to try :D

Scorched_Cascade:
That game actually looks pretty fun, a virtual version of the japanese game show "Brain Wall" or its uk/us/aus gameshow versions: "hole in the wall" (video was first result & for comedy value)

I think we need a kinect "Hole in the wall" game. Then my kids can stop watching that retarded show on the cartoon network.

Lisa: you are a machine!

Looks like a lot of fun, too.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or