Critical Miss: Evil, Evidently

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Raiyan 1.0:
The armbands actually remind me of Persona 3 FES...

Okay, wow. Nice touch with the armbands, Atlus. Subtle.

Though I must ask why?

Actually, armbands are used in Japanese schools. If you watch Suzumiya Haruhi, she has an armband signifying her captaincy of the club. Also, certain groups, like hall monitors and stuff would have them.

Played it on coop with a friend, thought the same thing, the one guy in the council looked like Hitler, tried to make a bad Hitler impression, was not really funny. Its so ironic, use Nazis and everyone knows who to kill^^. The armbands are part of the uniform nazis used to wear in public, during processions and important events. God, this game is insane.

Kaytastrophe:
Don't forget they also have stahl and his evil private military company/factory and if video games have taught us anything is that PMC's and companies are the most evil thing out there.

It's hard to defend people who kill other people for money. Especially when they regularly break the law or back stab the people who contract them on a regular basis if it's more valuable to do so.

Evil eh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEle_DLDg9Y

"are we the baddies?"

Mysnomer:

Raiyan 1.0:

Though I must ask why?

Actually, armbands are used in Japanese schools. If you watch Suzumiya Haruhi, she has an armband signifying her captaincy of the club. Also, certain groups, like hall monitors and stuff would have them.

Hmmm... I wouldn't say I'm exactly familiar with Japanese culture, so I wouldn't know. The first thing that automatically popped in my head seeing the red armband over the protagonist's dark clothes was the Nazi SS uniform. ^_^ It looked rather cool, mind.

EDIT: Talking about Hitler and Japan...

Onyx Oblivion:
Why is it I feel more sympathy for the Helghast, then I do for the ISA?

Oh. Because Rico is a douche.

Bah, they all are douches - Rico, Sev and others, you know, guys with no personality and obligatory Boobs.
Anyhow at least they have MP where you can kill your share of ISA dogs.

Raiyan 1.0:

Though I must ask why?

Good one Carter! you're my favorite Carter right after Chris Carter.

What about Jimmy Carter?

You know, political debates aside, I'd like to actually make a comment on the comic itself.

I wish there was an explaining sidebar like in Stolen Pixels. I don't ALWAYS catch the jokes, so it's hard for me to keep up :P

Jarrid:

Raiyan 1.0:

Though I must ask why?

Good one Carter! you're my favorite Carter right after Chris Carter.

What about Jimmy Carter?

Yeah, Jimmy's cool too. :)

After all, he called Tony Blair Bush's little whore.

Okay, he might no have used these exact words, but it was implied...

My only question is who's the guy with the OMEGA-stache?

Hitli? Hah, that made me laugh. Thank you.

Raiyan 1.0:

Mysnomer:

Raiyan 1.0:

Though I must ask why?

Hmmm... I wouldn't say I'm exactly familiar with Japanese culture, so I wouldn't know. The first thing that automatically popped in my head seeing the red armband over the protagonist's dark clothes was the Nazi SS uniform. ^_^ It looked rather cool, mind.

No problem, I just didn't want you think there was a deeper and darker meaning, when really, as club and authority within the school, it's just natural to have them.

Abedeus:

Eico:

Misho-:

But Stalin was one of the good guys in WW2... Oh wait right... Communism equals eveel so it's okay then. Why not throw Castro in there too?

Firstly: There is no good in war. Period.

Second: Russia was neutral in the war. The only reason they were considered allies is because they were fighting back the Germans. Who, you know, invaded them. Russia couldn't care less about the rest of us at that point.

Yeah, the whole "take over half the continent and enslave several countries and pretend it's saving them" was totally neutral.

Neutral would be leaving Poland after getting rid of Nazis. Not staying for picnic for almost 35 years. And then making everyone love their picnic, and kill en masse anything that said picnic wasn't nice or the bees were stinging them.

No Nuetral would be switzerland Cause not only do they control all of Europes money, but they are also are surrounded by mountians.

Ghengis John:

Kaytastrophe:
Don't forget they also have stahl and his evil private military company/factory and if video games have taught us anything is that PMC's and companies are the most evil thing out there.

It's hard to defend people who kill other people for money. Especially when they regularly break the law or back stab the people who contract them on a regular basis if it's more valuable to do so.

We clearly share a different view; I recognize your arguments and they are valid. However, in terms of my comment it was not defending PMCs it was more meant to be humorous. I was making a comment how KZ3 has every traditional video game villain represented: Nazi references, Soviet Union references, and PMC references. It is still an awesome game though.

This comic pretty much mirrored what I thought when I played this game!

I see Orlock and instantly think: Stalin!

I see Stahl and for some reason all I can think is: The Joker

Oh well... evil is evil I guess...

want to make them more menacing?

just add Atomic Robo-Kid

zombie711:

Abedeus:

Eico:

Second: Russia was neutral in the war. The only reason they were considered allies is because they were fighting back the Germans. Who, you know, invaded them. Russia couldn't care less about the rest of us at that point.

Yeah, the whole "take over half the continent and enslave several countries and pretend it's saving them" was totally neutral.

Neutral would be leaving Poland after getting rid of Nazis. Not staying for picnic for almost 35 years. And then making everyone love their picnic, and kill en masse anything that said picnic wasn't nice or the bees were stinging them.

No Nuetral would be switzerland Cause not only do they control all of Europes money, but they are also are surrounded by mountians.

We are talking about WWII, honey. I already said Russia was far from Neutral. You know who was neutral?

Spain. They already had their own problems...

Because gamers won't get into it if the opposition doesn't eat a Swiftian Modest Meal with kitten sauce for breakfast every day.

Mysnomer:

Raiyan 1.0:

Though I must ask why?

Yeah it's a shame that the Nazi's used them. Pretty much anything somewhat associated to the Nazi's or Hitler isn't too popular in most Western countries right now. Like armbands, the swasticka, a toothbrush mustache (what Hitler had), goosestepping, the awesome uniforms that the Germans had (seriously, those uniforms are sweeeeet), and Germanic stuff in general. Stupid Hitler, ruining all that good stuff.

OT: Nice comic. Two Hitli and Stalin in hell does seem pretty evil. And yes, 3 Hitli would have been pushing it. At that point you should just go with an army of Hitli and call it a day.

I see Stahl in that pic you posted and automaticaaly think: Billy Bob Thorton.

Zolem:
My only question is who's the guy with the OMEGA-stache?

Erm, Karl Marx?

Abedeus:

zombie711:

Abedeus:

We are talking about WWII, honey. I already said Russia was far from Neutral. You know who was neutral?

Who did Switzerland stage an attack on, because as far as I can see they did not fight in ethier World War I or II

Misho-:

Anyway the real reason why he became the next evil was that he was reluctant to let go of the "conquered" countries after the war...

Cool...Churchill was a dwarf!

You have his axe!

Proverbial Jon:

Oh well... evil is evil I guess...

"Brother? What are you doing here? And we have come out wearing the same outfit!
How embarrassing, I'll have to go change."

Fun fact about Peter Cushing as Grand Moff Tarkin: He wore slippers throughout the entire movie. They had to keep his feet out of frame the whole time as a consequence.

zombie711:

Abedeus:

zombie711:

Who did Switzerland stage an attack on, because as far as I can see they did not fight in ethier World War I or II

Then use correct tense. I read "not only do they control". That's present simple. I have no idea whether you are referring to the present, past or maybe a futuristic hell ruled by our Switzerland Overlord.

This game has to end with Hitlers vulcano doomisland/meteor/spaceship

Onyx Oblivion:
Why is it I feel more sympathy for the Helghast, then I do for the ISA?

Oh. Because Rico is a douche.

And because Helghast soldiers look awesome.

Abedeus:

Eico:

Misho-:

But Stalin was one of the good guys in WW2... Oh wait right... Communism equals eveel so it's okay then. Why not throw Castro in there too?

From the Russian point of view, a "buffer zone" was a pretty neat idea (said buffer zone being they eastern European countries the liberated). Especially after you've just lost some 20 million people in a war against an enemy that came from the West. Sure it wasn't nice, but I think they really didn't want to border enemies again right after the war, and had the western nations been able to extend their influence into eastern Europe these countries would have been enemies. Everybody knew that after the war America and the USSR would be right back to hostile relations so there was an immediate threat again.

Abedeus:

Eico:

Misho-:

Well since we're ranting about education, perhaps one of you could tell me who I'm paraphrasing:

"It's not the cause that justifies the war, but the war that justifies the cause"

I'll give you a hint, it's the same guy who said, "What does not kill me, makes me stronger."

ReiverCorrupter:

Abedeus:

Eico:

Well since we're ranting about education, perhaps one of you could tell me who I'm paraphrasing:

"It's not the cause that justifies the war, but the war that justifies the cause"

I'll give you a hint, it's the same guy who said, "What does not kill me, makes me stronger."

I have no idea who said it. Because I don't have English History or History in English.

I could google it, but if you are too lazy, I am as well.

Abedeus:

ReiverCorrupter:

Abedeus:

I have no idea who said it. Because I don't have English History or History in English.

Lol. That's rather ironic considering he's German. I'll give you one last hint. He's probably most famous for saying "God is dead." Though people often misinterpret what he means by this.

The Real Sandman:
The one on the left looks like Hitler's emo twin! XD

That's actually what he looks like. Funny you should mention it because me and my Co-op buddy actually refer to them as Old Hitler and Emo Hitler.

ReiverCorrupter:

Abedeus:

ReiverCorrupter:

Lol. That's rather ironic considering he's German. I'll give you one last hint. He's probably most famous for saying "God is dead." Though people often misinterpret what he means by this.

Nitz... Nitsche... The nihilist guy?

Seriously, we don't learn about what people SAY in school. And I don't learn every single quote in all languages I know.

Abedeus:

ReiverCorrupter:

Abedeus:

Nitz... Nitsche... The nihilist guy?

Seriously, we don't learn about what people SAY in school. And I don't learn every single quote in all languages I know.

Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche. I know it's a pain to spell, it's polish. And he wasn't a nihilist. In fact, pretty much all of his writings are geared towards defeating nihilism. He didn't believe in objective values, but rather that we create values through our wills. It's complicated. He's a really witty writer, I suggest you read one of his works when you get a chance. "Twilight of the Idols" and "The Antichrist" are both short and thought provoking.

They should have added emo hitler.
No one understands him

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook