Tales from the Table: Pilot Episode

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Pilot Episode

Meet the adventurers in this encore presentation of the pilot episode of Tales from the Table. New episode in two weeks!

Watch Video

i liked it a lot i like this sort of thing people playing dnd and seeing the players interact and stuff

This may be the best new show in the history of the escapist. I haven't lold at a video in a long time

Nice accents. Accents are funny. S.A.G.S. needs accents.

I'd watch it. It kinda mirrors my own group Dnn adventures.

I endorse shows about the insanity that happens at the tabletop.
That's what I liked about Unforgotten Realms, too bad the creator kind of ditched the whole 'outside the game' element as the series went on.

Hold on a second, isn't this basically a real-life version of Unforgotten Realms? O.o

Oh wells, its funny, so it gets my approval XD

Seems worth a watch for a few episodes. Definitely makes me miss I Hit It With My Axe, though.

and here i was, thinking im getting old, because i didnt like any of the new stuff on escapist latly

this one was really good :D

Great costumes, good consistant humor and very reminisant of actual D&D sessions i have played allround 8/10 with good chance of improving to 10/10

The is filmed really well, I was wondering when this series would show up again.

well that was enjoyable. I laughed loudest at the last joke about rolling, cause it reminded me of a conversation that went something like that when I used to play DnD.

Sorry, but I am not of the popular opinion here. The whole dnd gaming jokes around the table have been done much better in other places(Knights of the Dinner Table). The characters are all bad stereotypes we've seen a dozen times before in satire of table top gaming. They weren't even funny.

Tell me if even one of these things hasn't been to death; one of the characters is a girl, one of the guys actually managed to get a girlfriend, and of course the archer is an elf. We've seen this done before and better, there's nothing original about any of this.

For all of you that liked this, please go look into the comic book Knights of the Dinner Table, same set up, better characters, and better and funnier jokes and story.

Been waiting for this for a while. Great stuff, can't wait to see ep2.

Also, did anyone else hear the music and think "isn't this the song they play on EpicMealTime?"

Nice. I see a lot of potential

reminded me of a less funny version of the gamers, and thats a compliment.
This group actually is a way more extreme version of the dndnerd-stereotype than the gamers showed, losing its ...believability, a little over the top but still funny.

teh effort put forth and the likability of the characters make this hackneyed DND related tripe actually pretty fun to watch.

Sweet you guys won I had hopes that you would!!!

They need better mics. I can't hear half of the shit they're saying, and due to their accents I kinda want to.

Rotting Corpse:
Sorry, but I am not of the popular opinion here. The whole dnd gaming jokes around the table have been done much better in other places(Knights of the Dinner Table). The characters are all bad stereotypes we've seen a dozen times before in satire of table top gaming. They weren't even funny.

Tell me if even one of these things hasn't been to death; one of the characters is a girl, one of the guys actually managed to get a girlfriend, and of course the archer is an elf. We've seen this done before and better, there's nothing original about any of this.

For all of you that liked this, please go look into the comic book Knights of the Dinner Table, same set up, better characters, and better and funnier jokes and story.

Our group had one girl and the archer is generally an elf (it is kind of ingrained into our culture). Also, I'll wait to comment on the story for more than a pilot.

This is the best live action show the escapist has ever had... and I can say this with only one episode under the belt. I'm looking forward to seeing how it all turns out.

Well so far it's good, but considering it was just a pilot I don't think I have enough to go on, though I think this could work well.

I thoroughly enjoyed that, Gaming series and humor always catches my attention and the pilot was well done in my opinion. I can't wait for the next episode!

It remind me of A Good Knight Quest and abit of Doraleous and Associates (the whole player classes) which is good. Now I have to wait for two weeks to watch more of this!

I laughed out loud, this is excellent. Costumes, great. Characterization: not going to critique from one episode, but they have a recognizable quality that will keep me watching. And I got to say (from where I'm sitting; in Canada) the accents.

As I've seen in a previous post someone commenting on how

The characters are all bad stereotypes we've seen a dozen times before in satire of table top gaming.

That may be true, but it remains funny to me because that's often what happens in gaming groups. It's a true story, and to not make fun of it would be just like not doing jokes about sex, marriage, farts, and other things. I'll check out Knights of the Dinner Table though.

The terrible sound quality made this unwatchable.

Plus, it's making me miss Unforgotten Realms and Doralingus (shouldn't that be back by now?).

Good pilot episode, can't wait to see where this goes. As others have said though the volume needs to be higher.
Also I call natural 20 on that last die roll :)

Good stuff, I would like to see more :)

Is that an adventure itme t-shirt I see? I love that show!

Great show.

That being said, as someone who actually was in a D&D group, this is highly unrealistic.
There's no way he actually got a girlfriend.

i like it funny stuff

This series made me laugh so hard especially with that one girl's response. "Because i'm a girl!" With all the guys just giving her that look Haha! Epic episode, I actally liked it right off the bat so I know this series will be amazing.

I'll look forward to seeing more later on now :) fantastic job plus everyone's really good at acting too so I feel it's more realistic that way. Also "I thought I was the womanizer!" That is truly ironic, which I must admit both girls were very beautiful anyhow so.. yeah! Great episode of course and thus nice graphic effects at the start plus the camera's digital focus made it look just like a movie in a sense. Well done overall!

This seems awfully familiar to some other show that was on here, but I've, err... Unforgotten what it was called...

That aside, it was funny, not amazing, but pretty good for a pilot.

"Hmm, another D&D session based series is piloting.. I approve." *click* *stare* "hmm..."
Bottom line: I disapprove.

A few keywords: acted, heavy editing, lame stereotypes of bad stereotypes, world jumping.
It wants to be The Gamers, but ultimately feels more like the 8-bit Reenactment of D&D, which I want to virtually strangle until it's virtual eyes pop out.

Future episode better go for at least 22 minutes and get made weekly and be of the same quality! It's certainly impossible, clearly, but by the 52nd and final episode, it shall be the greatest show ever. ;D

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here