Tales from the Table: Pilot Episode

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

I really liked it, effects acting and the content so far are all top notch. I look forward to watching more :3

My DnD Games can be just like that!

Though when My sister screamed "Yippie ki yay Motherfuckers!" while attacking Kobolds me and my mates couldn't stop laughing for a full 10 minutes XD

Thank you, guys! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I'm sorry, but there's no way that barbarian could be using a shield, a longsword, AND a warhammer.

I'm pretty sure he's too low of a level for Monkey Grip, as well. :P

...Oh dear, I have shown too much of myself, it seems.

This just reminds me of the movie Gamers, I mean I am all for it it could get rolling and be funny if they branch out and don't stick with the same tired jokes.

Heaps of potential here, good work guys. low sound level?

Another show? Good god shit.

Wow this came out of nowhere. This video was somewhere in the middle of the last escapist video festival, wasn't it? Still, I can't disapprove anything so intensely British.

I predict this will start pretty much like U-Realms: newbies get annoying (almost to the point of wanting to reach through the screen and punch the writers), but they all become genuinely enjoyable characters after a while.

At least we started with characters already made. I'm not sure I could take another line of Lumberjack jokes.

That was.. actually pretty KICK ASS.

fingerbang143:

The costumes for their in game characters are absolute shit (I would like to see less skin from the guy and probably the girl as well

Are you kidding me? I thought the costumes were amazing! The filmmakers have obviously put a lot of time and care into making those fantasy costumes so detailed. I don't think the girl showed much skin at all actually; sometimes you got a flash of her leg through her dress but that was it. Yeah the guy in the codpiece was fairly out-there, but I don't think it was done in a gratuitous way at all.

I liked it. I am interested to see how this all goes.

RandallJohn:
Seems worth a watch for a few episodes. Definitely makes me miss I Hit It With My Axe, though.

There is one woman in this too you know, shyness level +4 versus no shyness level at all being the difference

This has a lot of potential if the plan is to flesh the characters out to move away from the stereotypes. The sound design needs a lot of work though. This is often where web-series fall down.

Johnnyallstar:

somonels:
"Hmm, another D&D session based series is piloting.. I approve." *click* *stare* "hmm..."
Bottom line: I disapprove.

A few keywords: acted, heavy editing, lame stereotypes of bad stereotypes, world jumping.
It wants to be The Gamers, but ultimately feels more like the 8-bit Reenactment of D&D, which I want to virtually strangle until it's virtual eyes pop out.

I wasn't really expecting a "The Gamers" reference, but +1 to you for being on the same wavelength! I totally agree though. I didn't even laugh once through the entire skit, but that might be mostly the fault of the writing. And yes, it tries to be The Dead Alewives type of idiocy constantly, which I have almost never seen.

I'll give it a chance, but unless it really steps it's game up, I don't suppose I'll watch it much. I Hit it With My Axe had some really great DM'ing which made it better than the "some pronzstars and strippers play D&D" premise would let on, but with this being satire instead of legitimate playing, I don't expect to be interested as much. Axe also had bewbies, which were a pleasing, yet sometimes too frequent distraction.

Be honest, its boobs first then justification of why you like the show not only because of the boobs later?

I kid, I kid!

JoelChenFA:

RandallJohn:
Seems worth a watch for a few episodes. Definitely makes me miss I Hit It With My Axe, though.

There is one woman in this too you know, shyness level +4 versus no shyness level at all being the difference

Not sure what you mean by that, but okay. :p

WOULD EVERYONE PLEASE JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Ok...

With the exception of the "Show about Games Show" these new shows really do suck.

For the love of god bring back Doraelous and Associates so we can get the funny back.

umm.. okay nothing new here... but who knows it might go somewhere. Pretty meh so far with a few chuckles though.

Whispering Death:
With the exception of the "Show about Games Show" these new shows really do suck.

For the love of god bring back Doraelous and Associates so we can get the funny back.

Yeah I feel the same way. Nothing really good has come along since Doraelous and Associates. Show about Games Show has it's moments but it too is a little bland at times. Not even Anthony Saves the World is all that great since it's pretty much the same thing every episode, the only reason I still watch it is because every once in awhile it has a joke that makes me burst out laughing.

kinda cool, but its seems to be falling into the "nothing really happenned in this episode, but here's a buncha jokes" trap that other series like Anthony Saves the World keep falling into. It was kinda funny, but really annoying that nothing actually happened

I'm glad it is finally time for this show to be out. I voted for it, though that could be from the fact that just before the competition I had just watched The Gamers.

Other than that, it is a great start, very funny.

antigodoflife:
Future episode better go for at least 22 minutes and get made weekly and be of the same quality! It's certainly impossible, clearly, but by the 52nd and final episode, it shall be the greatest show ever. ;D

I was about to politely berate you until I realized you were joking.

I just hope here it doesn't turn into the whining that went on with Doraleous and Associates, and some of the short Extra Credits. Too many people think that shows are magically created instantly with no effort and time spent, and since they believe that that is the case, they think each episode should be absolutely perfect in every way and the right length.

It was actually good. Better then what "Show About Games" became at this point.

So please, keep it up, and bring always that small pinch of insanity which breaks us from gaming.

Whispering Death:

It really isn't up to The Escapist on when Doraelous and Associates comes back. The DA team is working on other things at the moment and they said that they would be back when they are back.

But it really depends on what people find humorous, and people like me find this show humorous and that is why it was one of the winners of the show contest along with "Show about Games Show".

It's like a good version of 'I hit it with my axe!'

Fetzenfisch:
reminded me of a less funny version of the gamers, and thats a compliment.

I don't know if I'd say less funny, I'll need a little more time to judge that. More British, certainly.

Also, on a note less related to the actual quality of the show, the girl playing Ceredwyn is really cute as her "real life" character.

A tabletop show on the escapist that I enjoy, bravo.

I request more!

Oh look, that shitty Game Dogs show is back... But actually kind of funny. Kind of. I'll definitely be watching this show but I'd like it to be a little less... American... Just the style of humour strikes me as being very generic and overdone.

Oh, and the production value is wonderful.

Cool Job You Guys! Swell

LogicNProportion:
I'm sorry, but there's no way that barbarian could be using a shield, a longsword, AND a warhammer.

I'm pretty sure he's too low of a level for Monkey Grip, as well. :P

...Oh dear, I have shown too much of myself, it seems.

It's okay, first thought I had was that I can't see how they demonstrate rage powers/fatigue and I'm really curious about what version of DnD they play, even though I'm a Pathfiner junkie

I think that since I know what it's like to be in a group like that I find this slightly funny, but I still don't like sadly, I don't like DND videos in general.

EDIT: For those who are asking it's fourth ed. Just look at the book he is holding.

Awesome. Reminded me a crapton of me and my friends playing.

The Random One:
Wow this came out of nowhere. This video was somewhere in the middle of the last escapist video festival, wasn't it? Still, I can't disapprove anything so intensely British.

These guys are British? Or are you referring to the style of humour?
Honestly I got Australian/Kiwi from the accents. Then again for some reason being Australian means I can't distinguish an Australian or New Zealand accent that isn't broad... Damn bogans desensitising me to my own accent.

Sometimes I wonder if the people who make webshows about nerds playing Dungeons and Dragons have ever actually played Dungeons and Dragons. I never recalled a game I was running or playing in that broke down into such inane banter. Of course there's always "that one guy" who is clearly not in the game for cohesive roleplay purposes. But I can't remember ever sitting at a table consisting of "that one guy"s.

Just putting that out there. Consider or ignore as you will.

woo hoo!! a funny show on the escapist!!! no way!!! this is amazing news!!!

great stuff guys... cannot wait to see a more polished version once the season starts... great chemistry by the way from the whole group cannot fake that sort of substance :-)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here