Tales from the Table: Pilot Episode

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Nope did not really find that very funny or enjoyable, seen those jokes played out before in better instances... would be better if they perhaps tried something new.

I can tell I am going to empathize with the DM...(having to DM a game with poor RPers..though they are trying now I hope.)

Love it, finally a good D&D series which doesn't involve hookers....

Ooh I like this new show- oh another bi weekly one, fuck off... ok fine but it better stay this funny.

This really hit home because it reminded me of trying to DM my first DnD session. This is fucking incredible!

Rotting Corpse:

For all of you that liked this, please go look into the comic book Knights of the Dinner Table, same set up, better characters, and better and funnier jokes and story.

Maybe some of us would rather watch a video than read a comic? Just saying, different people, different media preference. I'm not really into comic books that much.

Personally I loved it, and I don't usually like your typical DnD comedy (wasn't a fan of "I Hit It With My Axe") but this one stood out, I think due to the quick pacing of it. Either way, looking forward to the next episode.

Sir John the Net Knight:
Sometimes I wonder if the people who make webshows about nerds playing Dungeons and Dragons have ever actually played Dungeons and Dragons. I never recalled a game I was running or playing in that broke down into such inane banter. Of course there's always "that one guy" who is clearly not in the game for cohesive roleplay purposes. But I can't remember ever sitting at a table consisting of "that one guy"s.

Just putting that out there. Consider or ignore as you will.

Trust me, there are groups out there. I've DM'd them. Makes your blood boil.

"Nice now I can be an octopus". You got me show :D Im a fan !

It kid of irks me when stuff like this comes out. P&P RPG's get so little attention as it is, and 90% of the time when it does, gamers are painted as socially inept girl crazy man children. It gets even worse when they misrepresent the game itself by making up their own rules set which enforces these horrible stereotypes (+4 shyness?)

The average D&D player isn't far off from your average video game player, which is to say we come in many shapes and sizes. Even for comedic effect there are many humorous stereotypes of gamers that don't end up being repulsive to humanity the second they leave the table. I'm tired of having to defend myself to anyone who sees my gaming books and only has drivel like this and Stephen Lynch's "it's D&D" to base their opinion of my hobby on.

Are there players like this? Yes but from where I stand it's far from the majority. Things like Dorkness Rising and Something Positive have done a much better job of portraying gamers while still being hilarious without being like this. Honestly this may as well be to the gaming community what blackface is to African-American culture.

YAY! AN AUSSIE VIDEO SHOW! :D

Hey, a The Gamers weekly show!

This oughta be good! Consider me enticed!

Nah, not funny.
Best p&p movie i've seen is ans will ever be

http://videosift.com/video/Farador-a-reunion-with-your-old-DD-group-12-min

Slow paced with some disturbances. I would like to see some actual play, of course.

I give thumbs up, I want to see what's happening next.

... am I the only person who just found it all really annoying?

I enjoyed this greatly and would like to see more.

McMarbles:
The terrible sound quality made this unwatchable.

what are people on about i heard it very well is the sound quality that bad

I couldn't hear squat. Which is a shame cause this looks pretty cool.

[disappointed] 4th edition huh?
The rest looks fine.

IAmTheVoid:
... am I the only person who just found it all really annoying?

No, you are not. You are really not.

The reason why I love The Gamers so much is because all the guys seem like actual persons, playing an actual game.
Watching this, all I thought was "Why is that ponce wearing this retarded cloak ?" and "Who the f*ck talks like this when gaming ?".
Maybe Iīm overthinking it, but it just felt like people without any P&P experience, making fun of what they think people who actually play P&P act like. The "one-of-us" vibe is missing and for me thatīs a killer.

better then hit it with my axe
why? becasue its not focused on women doing enrd stuff
this is much better

Lol seems great, hope to see his gf dump him:P

Legitimately entertaining humor and good acting. This show has a lot more promise than most new shows on the Escapist. I'll keep an eye out for it.

drshoktopus:
I notice a lot of people are commenting on the sound quality. It's odd I had no issues. Other then that, from one aspiring filmmaker to one that is obviously giving it a shot. Break legs guys, I can't wait to see what comes next.

The sound quality is bad. It's way too low. Play that video, then play another one, let's say Zero Punctuation, and notice how the sound is suddenly almost twice as loud.

I enjoyed this :D Looking forward to the next one.

This seems like a rehash of The Gamers.

And not the best rehash either. Sorry guys.

i have the same reaction of this show as every other show. doesnt have kristen bell in it. im not interested.

lol

in reality, i liked it :P

I really really like this! Like, more than the other new shows that have come out.

However (and it may just be me), it was kinda hard to hear, and my volume is at max. Maybe crank it up a bit.

First of all, the quality is amazing! Well done!
The dual scenes are a great idea, and I'm looking forward to seeing the interaction between the characters in the forest and the players playing them.

However, must the humor come from four of the five people being retarded? Or being seemingly losers? It's a bad stereotype that these videos are perpetuating, and isn't THAT much true anymore.

If only this could have been combined with I Hit It With My Axe... imagine the forest and costumes and such!

But despite it all, I like this series and am looking forward to more.

That was excellent. Usually live-action stuff like this is cringe-worthy but I thought this was really well done. Will definately be tuning in to this.

leaman474:
Love it, finally a good D&D series which doesn't involve hookers....

My thoughts exactly...

Stevey M:
Been waiting for this for a while. Great stuff, can't wait to see ep2.

Also, did anyone else hear the music and think "isn't this the song they play on EpicMealTime?"

All of the music is royalty free stuff from Pro Scores. It's been in a lot of different things.

Elate:

Rotting Corpse:

For all of you that liked this, please go look into the comic book Knights of the Dinner Table, same set up, better characters, and better and funnier jokes and story.

Maybe some of us would rather watch a video than read a comic? Just saying, different people, different media preference. I'm not really into comic books that much.

Personally I loved it, and I don't usually like your typical DnD comedy (wasn't a fan of "I Hit It With My Axe") but this one stood out, I think due to the quick pacing of it. Either way, looking forward to the next episode.

I can certainly understand that, but my point is that this is not a well done version of the D&D group jokes. I think this style of video fits perfectly on the Escapist and I would love to see this kind of series here. It's just that this isn't that good. This is just my opinion and I'm going to watch one or two more, but if the humor doesn't get a little more original, I'm not going to keep watching it.

The audio needs some work, I have a hard time hearing the actors with my audio turned all the way up and everything else in the room dead silent. I know your trying to set a mood but that seems too extreme.

Besides that I can't complain, its better than some other long gone series.

Unforgotten Realms is better,but this will do

Think back real hard to the first show you really loved, Firefly? Capitan Planet? Bananas in Pyjamas? At what point did that show get good? First 5 minutes of the first episode? if not then just be wary that this is episode only goes for a Whole 5 minutes. Haters Gonna Hate.

For all of you guys who are after something else then watch something else, hell enter the next Escapist Magazine comp with something better. I know I will be watching at least until the 5th episode, if it still hasn't grabbed me then I will go back to my bridge and Troll elsewhere, I suggest you guys do the same.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here