Trailers: Halo: Reach Defiant Map Pack Behind the Scenes

Halo: Reach Defiant Map Pack Behind the Scenes

The developers at 343 Industries discuss the maps and modes available in the new multiplayer map pack for Halo: Reach.

Watch Video

I would still rather have Bungie be the sole developer of Halo and it's only connection, but this video did give me some reassurance. 343 industries seems to know Halo, and whether a full fledged game will meet Bungie standards or not, these maps really fit with the Halo aesthetic and feel. I especially like Highland and Unearthed. Nice skyboxes and atmosphere for all of them (though I think the more overgrown look of Highland would have been a bit better).

I just recently started doing Reach multi-player because I have 4 or 5 friends who play it online a lot. Other then getting pwned a LOT being new, I have had a pretty good time with it.

I am looking forward to the new map pack as a way to level the playfield a bit. Since no one will know where the damn weapons are yet and I might have a chance at getting the coveted Rocket Launcher.

i wasn't going to get this map pack but i hope whoever made the second maps area near the warthog spawn knows that they just sold a map pack to someone.

I just got the pack yesterday, absolutely outstanding levels, easily the best Firefight map out of all of them, Highlands is great fun and before i even played Condemned i wandered round in Forge and admired the scenery.
343 is a worthy successor to Bungie, you don't know how glad it makes me that Reach will not be the last good Halo game.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here