Trailers: Operation Flashpoint: Red River Shifting Focus Trailer

Operation Flashpoint: Red River Shifting Focus Trailer

The marines in Operation Flashpoint: Red River must shift focus from security to warfare.

Watch Video

Im optimistic yet cautious, Dragon Rising was good but didn't live up to my expectations and the Multiplayer AI was god awful.

Seems like the gameplay has been made more action packed and faster, not a bad thing at all.

What worked back in my old PC days (i.e. when I could afford a PC that ran games, damn you Crysis) what really set OpF apart for me was how open world it was. I could get a jeep and suss out the area, creep up with a scope and get the lay of the land... I felt I had huge choice and freedom (debatable nowadays perhaps). They seem to be losing this and the horrible easy deaths too in favour of COD style. I hope this isn't the case. Variety and that.

Why are they making another one? Dragon Rising was a failure as far as I am concerned. They made it out to be a military simulation, and it was not even close. There were just too many things left out.

Last time I checked, Codemasters were just milking the name to use the money to fund other projects.

Anyone remember this?

Ross Fixxed:
What worked back in my old PC days (i.e. when I could afford a PC that ran games, damn you Crysis) what really set OpF apart for me was how open world it was. I could get a jeep and suss out the area, creep up with a scope and get the lay of the land... I felt I had huge choice and freedom (debatable nowadays perhaps). They seem to be losing this and the horrible easy deaths too in favour of COD style. I hope this isn't the case. Variety and that.

Agreed, what happened to having a more sandbox style military FPS as opposed CoD clones?

On a related note I'm sick of people "justifying" FPS games with CoD controls by saying "why fix what ain't broke?", the least they could do is try measuring ammo in mags instead of exact amount of bullets, in the console version you could have one of the directional buttons used to check how much ammo remains in your current mag. I just made this idea up on the spot. I'm not asking for something %100 unique, but you have to do at least ONE thing differently.

Please be like the old Flashpoints from back in the day (elite)....PLEASE

Yeah. The original Operation: Flashpoint was gold. It had such vastness and realism in a moder war game. Every mission I completed made me feel like it was my tactical genius and quick thinking lead us to victory.

EDIT - not just my hand-eye coordination and learning the game's mechanics

I loved Dragon Rising because it didn't have Nazis or Russians and it was frustrating but at the same time fun! Can't wait for this but it'll be in a long queue of games to play. This year is looking awesome for games but not so much for my bank balance.

seriously, USA just Can't be the hero in war games any more. Either show both side as equals (no good, no bad, only soldiers and war) or choose another country for the protagonist paper. I don't know, maybe the army which is actually protecting it's country INSIDE IT'S OWN TERRITORY!!!.
USA hadn't have a violent invasion of it's territory since El Alamo, how do you expect anyone outside USA to feel more sympathy for those soldiers instead of the enemy soldiers?

Lol, again? DR failed horribly, it combined the worst aspects of COD and ARMA 2 in a very boring game. the multiplayer sucked, the editor sucked, the sp sucked. It's only got PLA in so they can reuse the character models.

Not only are there already hundreds of games out there which are this and more, this one has got to be one of the most hideous of the recent releases.

Graphics aren't everything, which is why I still play Morrowind, but if you don't have a single truly unique feature then all you have left is to perfect what you've got.

Gameplay looked copy pasted, story was just "China invading somewhere, US marines are there too have fun".
They chose some pretty bad examples of map and terrain design for this trailer as well.
Well at least people are bored of Russians it seems.
Now if only they'd get bored of playing an American marine, then we could all try a shooter from the perspective of say an underground resistance cobbling together equipment and fighting against far superior enemies.

The moment someone lets me play a War FPS as a non-american..... I will buy that game. I don't care what it's called. I don't care who made it. I will play it.

They could call it "You are NOT an American: The Game" and I assure you it will get good foreign sales at this rate.

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 54106)