Top 5 with Lisa Foiles: Top 5 Fourth Wall Breaks

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

I sorry but I have to say it. Lisa runs like a welshman.

One of my favorites did come from Eternal Darkness. I bought the game used, so when I got to about the half-way point, and the game thanked me for playing the ED Demo, I nearly shit myself thinking I got scammed because Game Crazy got scammed by some one.

That list at the beginning for the Wii is pretty accurate. That stupid light for a new message, ugh.

Loved the Dawson's Creek parody, and reading comments I realize a good part of the users on this forum may not recognize it. I'm getting old.

Fan-freaking-tastic episode! One of my faves for sure! A great list, a great send up of angsty teen drama's, and a killer belt buckle to boot! I love your lists Lisa, they are quite fun and entertaining.

"Top five reasons why the Wii sucks a big bag of dicks."
Best episode of Top 5 for that reason alone. It's gonna be hard to top that.

infinite cred for putting eternal darkness on top

CronoT:

Wii bashing is the potty humor of video game commentary. You've hit rock bottom when you resort to it.

Also, Lisa didn't really do much to admit that the Number 1 on her list this time was a NINTENDO GAME, much less a FIRST PARTY Nintendo game. I think the Irony Meter just imploded, Miss Foiles.

ED wasn't first party, just nintendo exclusive. It was made by silicon knights i believe.

Awww, no DeathSpank?
That game probably has the most comedic integration of breaking the fourth wall.

Starting minute was brilliant

Deadpools ultra 3 in the new MVC3 one of the best ultras ever! XD

but good list and every time i hear the dawsonscreek music i physically get ill. thanks for that >.<

X Men!!!! OMG * 2 ^ 128!!! I know, that was uncalled for. In an effort to make the internets a more pleasant experience, I won't be dropping the F-bomb. I will say that I never ever finished that game because I didn't have the internet to find a solution to it back in those days.

I'm pretty sure my inability to solve that puzzle ruined my sense of self worth for all of grade school. No wait, that was my inability to acquire a girlfriend, my lack of a bonafide growth spurt, and my non-athleticism. Thanks for bringing back uncomfortable memories, Ms. Foiles!*

P.S. Rockin' belt buckle!

*Please don't be offended by the formality. I'm just classy like that.

I loved this episode. One of my favorites, and i love all the metal gear solid 4th wall breaks! Nice dawson's creek parody...

Great list, and I could not agree more with throwing Psycho Mantis and Eternal Darkness at the top of that list.

ED was such a great mindjob that it boggles MY mind that sanity effects or something like them haven't been used in other games.

For the incredibly nerdy, when Apollo Z does his reviews he sometimes does not talk the audience. He is talking to a friend and then the friend says something which trigger a tsunami of talking to his friend.
Also, mildly surprised to not see the infamous Metal gear "look at the back of the box to get Meryl's signal". But if the rule was 1 breaking the 4th wall per game, then Mantis was the way to go for sure.

Any body except me wondering where the hell Deadpool is and why he is not featuring in this video?

Veeeery cool episode. Interesting topic too. And contains an epic insult: Top 5 reasons why the Wii sucks a big bag of dicks.
Excellent.
d(^_^)b

Wait? Samus was killed by a low flying plane? Noooo! Please say it isn't so.

And I totally agree with your #1 today. Eternal Darkness was an awesome 4th Wall breaker. I answered my door two or three times before I figured out what was going on.

Sounds like I need to get eternal darkness, better yet, gift is a a mind **** to my friends, yes!

How does 1 suck a bag of male genetalia? more so how will a Wii perform such a task?

Anyway, imo most 4th wall breaks are pretty "man loving man(or woman loving woman)".

den0008:
Any body except me wondering where the hell Deadpool is and why he is not featuring in this video?

With ya there seeing as how all he does basically in MvC3 is break the fourth wall. Seriously even his hyper combo breaks the fourth wall.

Oh man, good choice on #1.

I LOVE Eternal Darkness. I must admit, it really freaked me out when I walked into a room, there were a million zombies, my character was shrinking and just as they were about to strike, the screen flashed white with a loud, high-pitched scream...

Scared the crap out of me...

Lucane:
So... that's why I never got past that room in X-men ... (Pounds head on desk again.)

TO bad the Meryl's Codec frequency is on the back of the case(Because in game the disc He gives you looks to have a label on the back) thing didn't make the list from Metal Gear that one is still amazing to me and how they reproduced it on the Metal Gear Essential pack.

I played through that game with my uncle's pirated copy that had no case. Eventually I got an idea of what the hell was going on and had to slowly trudge through every single frequency on the list until I found it.

No mention of Max Payne left me with a feeling of disappointment so bad it was palpable. (Could have switched it with Matt Hazard.)

Still, keep up the good work.

:D How about these 4th Walls maybe not best but what ive found.

In NES Die hard game, Mclane responds and adress to player He dont wanna use Fire Hose(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RL0YWB8wMDs)

In Hotel Mario there dialogue

Mario: Luigi, look! (points to a letter on the door) It's from Bowser! (reads out letter) Dear pesky plumbers, the Koopalings and I have taken over the Mushroom Kingdom! The Princess is now a permanent guest at one of my seven Koopa Hotels! I dare you to find her if you can! (turns to Luigi) We gotta find the Princess!
Luigi: (pointing at the screen/player) And YOU gotta help us!
Mario: (talking to player) If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Worms series :D, If you dont make any move, the yours worms says, HELLO!,Come.On coward or something like that, and if you make Friendly Fire, they responds Stupid,Idiot

:D First Seconds of Immortal game http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpXSI2iYEYw (yes you can anvoid this)

Gruntz

A Real Life Strategy/Logic game :P, Gruntz always most time :D uses 4th wall

-Hey Hey Hey!!!(Show up shaking fist to player)(Dont have job)
-Someone call the police (Leader has been attacked)
-HEEELP MEEEEE! (Dieing grunt)
-Is there a doctor in this room? (Ditto)

InterAirplay:

Lucane:
So... that's why I never got past that room in X-men ... (Pounds head on desk again.)

TO bad the Meryl's Codec frequency is on the back of the case(Because in game the disc He gives you looks to have a label on the back) thing didn't make the list from Metal Gear that one is still amazing to me and how they reproduced it on the Metal Gear Essential pack.

I played through that game with my uncle's pirated copy that had no case. Eventually I got an idea of what the hell was going on and had to slowly trudge through every single frequency on the list until I found it.

You could of just called "Colonel" he'd of told you.

According to recent study on the interwebs. I'm apparently the only person on Earth that thinks 'Eat Lead' is a good game.

DTWolfwood:

For all the hilarity of Deadpool, Wesker's is better, when he grabs the camera and directly threatens the player.

Wow, I have to play Eternal Darkness now.

you have long arms.

What I don't get is that she will note the X-men's Soft Reset, then she notes the MGS4's no two disc Blu-ray nod but then she drops the ball about the Gamecube version of MGS (Note that she even has a screencap from the PSX version). Either she asked people to help her with her list, she just asked 5 random players, or someone else wrote the list and she did minor research. This will be the first and last video I watch from her as she just lost all gamer cred with me in one video.

[Edit]
Now before I'm pegged as a jerk I should note that it really feels that there was little to no research done for this video. So put away your fire and pitchforks.

/me continues without saving!

The Metal Gear series after 1 is a joke in its entirety, why did it deserve two mentions?

hahaha nice move with the drama, altho you doing a Dawson's Creek video every week would be a nightmare :p

GloatingSwine:

DTWolfwood:

For all the hilarity of Deadpool, Wesker's is better, when he grabs the camera and directly threatens the player.

well considering you're more likely to see wesker's than Deadpool in pro play, Deadpool's fall into the category of awesome by rarity! XD

smashing faces with ultra meter and health bar beats camera grab imo :P

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or