Anthony Saves The World: Episode 1.7: Little Mikey

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

OK, worst-case scenario: escapist decides not to renew their only decent series for a second season. In such a travesty, is there a chance AStW would be picked up by a different website??

As a Canadian I am deeply offended, I mean seriously, we died to a high five, not even a fist bump? What the fuck is this shit?!

But seriously, great episode, although the end reel bloopers could of been a bit funnier.

Also, to the plot people:
Do we NEED a plot? Is it a requirement in a web series? If we just have funny episodes, isn't that enough?
What's AVGN's overarching plot? What's HAWP's? What's Mega64's? Does anybody care?

PayneTrayne:
As a Canadian I am deeply offended, I mean seriously, we died to a high five, not even a fist bump? What the fuck is this shit?!

But seriously, great episode, although the end reel bloopers could of been a bit funnier.

You are not the first to criticize the lack of a fist bump there. It came down to (on set) that my hand was really gross, and high-fiving a ten-year-old in your own blood is funny. And creepy.

mikeyface:

PayneTrayne:

You are not the first to criticize the lack of a fist bump there. It came down to (on set) that my hand was really gross, and high-fiving a ten-year-old in your own blood is funny. And creepy.

True, never thought of it that way. Though the fact that him "blowing you up" ending Canada also would have been pretty lulzy. All around, good shit, good shit. And my pride will get over it.

se7ensenses:
Canadians get a kick out of how Amerikans say "roof".

How do you say it?

Also, I choose to believe that nobody was shooting at Canada, it was just raining bullets and explosions.

I have to admit, while I do like this series this episode was just waaay too short. You take out the opening and credits it's barely two minutes long! D:

Hopefully there'll be longer episodes in the future. :D

Loving it so far, but for the love of God please make the episodes longer!!!!!

Sorry about the length on this one. The final two episodes are the longest ever, and are basically a two parter.

This one looked longer on the page, but as it turned out, was the shortest.

mikeyface:
Sorry about the length on this one. The final two episodes are the longest ever, and are basically a two parter.

Just wondering but how many episodes do you guys have planned out? :D

I know I whine alot but I generally do enjoy this show alot and look forward to the next one.

I have a three airsoft guns that I don't use anymore that you guys can use if you want. :D

dalek sec:

mikeyface:

Just wondering but how many episodes do you guys have planned out? :D

I know I whine alot but I generally do enjoy this show alot and look forward to the next one.

I have a three airsoft guns that I don't use anymore that you guys can use if you want. :D

We wrote and shot ten. The 10th episode functions as a series finale, should that be needed.

mikeyface:

We wrote and shot ten. The 10th episode functions as a series finale, should that be needed.

Ah ok, thanks for answering my question and hopefully you'll be back for another season.

The canadian bit at the end was, in my opinion, the first good bit in this series, not cos im racist towards canadians or anything, but cos the explosions didnt look half a fake as normal and it didnt take place in your house, its a step boys, its a step and i thank you for it. All i hope is the improvment keeps up, then ill be glad i stuck with this series, plot is still non existant but deal with one problem at a time :)

Still waiting for the plot... Little Mikey was cute though.

se7ensenses:

yes yes we do....hey! im going up on the rough lmao...and where did this aboot shit start? i have never met anyone that says that

OT: Pretty funny, not liking how they get shorter and shorter tho....

Anyone else just flashback to a life cereal commercial when they heard "mikey" being called. Eggs? lets get mikey to eat em he'll eat anything. (even a doubledown)

I just focused everything on the Ray Bradbury reference. But the book was kind of irrelevant to the episode.

WaderiAAA:
NOO! CANADA! WHAT WILL WE DO WITHOUT LRR?

Now I want to see a crossover between CommodoreHustle and this...

I lollied at the Canadian stunt man.

Okay, liked the bit where Canada is falling apart with the tuk and the "aboot", but it would have been about 1000 times more epic if you had gotten Graham or Paul or anyone from the LRR team to do that scene.

'Cause they're Canadian.

In case you didn't know.

I'm super excited every time I see an episode of this series! The humor, action, and plot are all really fun, well done, and kick ass. I love that the show is leading somewhere, and that I'm not sure where that is, other then Anthony saving the world. Which is the title. So yea.

Heh, stereotypes. I've never heard any Canadian say "aboot". But thanks for vaporizing my country Mikey. ALL MY STUFF WAS THERE!

dalek sec:

OOOOH OOH! GIMME!

Much better. The series works well with quick snappy lines rather than emotional moments - tough to build up in such a small space in time.

Also double kudos to the Kid. (I had a very horrible though about what "Little Mikey" might stand for)

OMG, an episode about me.
I am suprised and mildly amused.

"Don't call me Broseph." HA! Made my milk shoot out my nose!

Good stuff, I'll have to check out the rest.

unacomn:
Nooo, not Canada! Why!? Why couldn't it have been New Jersey? It's named after a sweatshirt!

It's a shame that many people won't get that reference :(
This was a good episode though.

PayneTrayne:

Oh, who gives a shit about offending Canadians? What are you gonna do, sic your mounties on us? :P

Short ep was short. Cute kid though! Also, LOL CANADA.

boring. i wish something like doomsday arcade showed up, that show was cool right from the beggining, also they seem to have cancelled the doraleus and assiciates :S lame

Could we have subtitles or a written dialogue script to refer to please? Even with my volume cranked I only hear/understand about 60-ish percent of it. Taking into account the deliberate cryptic talking that's going on in episodes this leaves me much more confused.

Other than that, from what I can hear/understand of it, this series is shaping up nicely!

Drazeric:

se7ensenses:

yes yes we do....hey! im going up on the rough lmao...and where did this aboot shit start? i have never met anyone that says that

OT: Pretty funny, not liking how they get shorter and shorter tho....

Yes "rough". Weird?!? Unless you meet someone from maybe the Maritimes(the very east coast of Canada for you laymens), no one says "aboot". But those Noofies are a whole other story...one could probably youtube those crazy bastards & witness some we tod did shite!

iamthe1:

PayneTrayne:

Oh, who gives a shit about offending Canadians? What are you gonna do, sic your mounties on us? :P

I have two friends who are going to be part of the RCMP and I wouldn't really want to fight them.

But srsly, I'd sick the beavers on you.

Random, but the funniest episode so far.

PayneTrayne:

iamthe1:

PayneTrayne:

I have two friends who are going to be part of the RCMP and I wouldn't really want to fight them.

But srsly, I'd sick the beavers on you.

Touche, monsieur. Touche.

...Yeah, I'm over it. A series of pop culture references and fight scenes held together with spit and string.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here