Trailers: Batman: Arkham City Debut

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Batman: Arkham City Debut

New villains, new moves, and new allies feature in this debut trailer for Batman: Arkham City.

Watch Video

Oh man, do want. Was there a mix of in game action in there?

Well, that looks to be exactly what we were promised -- more of the last game, but everything bigger. I look forward to it.

Though they still missed with Harley Quinn's costume.

GFWL? GFWL? Seriously? Well, I guess third-persion Metroidvania action games are better with controllers and consoles anyway. Do want, but I'll probably pick up on the 360.

2 words: Fucking awesome!
It's coming out exactly one month before my birthday, how annoying.
Anyways, I'll tell you what I've told Funk. Stop telling me about AC, the anticipation is killing me!!!

Most, most cool. The gliding through the city is sure to be awesome. Looks like you can do a nose dive then swoop out of it for extra action. Love it.

After growing increasingly impatient in the wait for an in-game trailer, this did not disappoint. Traversal looks smoother than the first one, particularly with the glide to grapple to dive to grapple etc. you can see in the trailer. I'm looking forward to it, now we just need good bosses and it's perfect.

Didn't we do this thread yesterday? The trailer's still great though.

Wow! That looks awesome.

Terrible trailer, gameplay itself looks great though.

Want the game. Want the song, too. And what's wrong with Harley's costume? It goes more with the leathery, skin on pavement feel of these Arkham games.

Please don't let the trailer end up being better than the game, because based what I've seen, I'm expecting nothing less than the second coming.

capacollo:
Oh man, do want. Was there a mix of in game action in there?

Yeah, I think so too. Looked like a good chunk of the middle was the new in game way of moving around quickly.

Can't wait.

And for the weirdest (yet strangely fitting) captcha I've seen yet: Rising Ire

I still need to play the first one. It's pretty cheap now but I'm horribly cheap myself.

Damn good trailer though and traversing the city looks excellent.

Well, this is now my 3rd must-but for the year, behind Skyrim and Mass Effect 3. Looks like plenty of fun to be had.

And who the hell was voicing Two-Face?!?! Didn't sound right to me...

Have I finally gone mad or was there a serious Western vibe to that trailor? It was an interesting choice of music... good, but interesting. I think 2011's going to be a very good year for gaming.

Do I smell a mix of Arkham Asylum and Spiderman II ?
Is it too early to call this the best superhero game ever, or has that already been decided...

Girlish Scream! Guess who Im going to be going out as for halloween this year! Probably no one because ill be to busy playing this game, plus the fact im prob too old :(

Why...

This year is already turning out to be one of the most expensive ones ever (counted in new games that I simply must have), and now Arkham City demands a pre-order spot on my list.

Alright, alright... I guess I can skip eating for a week or so...

Oh damn- at the end there where Batman says "It was a lie, there's nothing wrong with you" I thought they were about to pull out that very seldom used choice of canon where the Joker isn't actually insane at all... plottwist!
Only been used once as far as I remember, and it was awesome.

God i cant wait for this game...pre-order incoming....

its like they said, keep Asylums combat and make it outside!!

AHHH!!!!

I still don't understand why it doesn't just take place in Gotham.

Either way, it looks pretty good, although if they make the place too big, they'll run into the problem many games have with the sheer number of enemies it'd take to keep things interesting.

edthehyena:

Why? I like it much more than the costume from AA. Also, it looks like now we'll have a proper boss fight with her, which is good. That was seriously annoying, when instead of fighting her I just had to beat thousands of regular goons.

Anyway, looks great, I'll definitely buy it.

Also, what's the name of the song?

Daaaah Whoosh:
I still don't understand why it doesn't just take place in Gotham.

Either way, it looks pretty good, although if they make the place too big, they'll run into the problem many games have with the sheer number of enemies it'd take to keep things interesting.

I'm pretty sure Arkham City *IS* Gotham...
Isn't it? That was my understanding.

ZombieGenesis:

Oh, yeah, you're right. That sure is misleading, then.

Oh joy. Another game to suck the life out of my food budget.....
Ok, so between Aliens: Colonial Marines, TES: Skyrim, Assassin's Creed 3, Metal Gear Rising, and now Batman "Arks Of Ham" City, im going to be broke!

Living off of ramen and vitamin pills......

As long as there's not a lot of invisible walls boxing you into a small area of the city, this looks really good. And as long as you can enter a decent amount of the buildings. One of my biggest peeves in game is to have these huge, detailed, rich environments yet for some reason the character is unable to open a simple door. I understand why this is, but it's just annoying.

It also looks like the new detective vision might use some sort of pulse effect, rather than a persistent overlay. I think this will be a change for the better.

Daaaah Whoosh:

ZombieGenesis:

Oh, yeah, you're right. That sure is misleading, then.

What I've read about the game is that Arkham City is a section of Gotham slums that was bought out by the now Mayor Sharp in order to have a place for the overflow of prisoners from Arkham Asylum and Blackgate Prison. So it's a walled off section of Gotham.

And I am so stoked for this game. I wish October was here already.

And I agree with what someone else said about Two-Face: his voice did sound a bit off from what I remember in the cartoon (if they are using the original voice-actors from the cartoon series like they did for AA)

They should make an unlockable costume where you can re-play the game as the Adam West Batman.

Yossarian1507:

edthehyena:

Why? I like it much more than the costume from AA. Also, it looks like now we'll have a proper boss fight with her, which is good. That was seriously annoying, when instead of fighting her I just had to beat thousands of regular goons.

To me, it's a miss because it isn't a Harlequin with a comically over-sized mallet, gritty setting be damned.

/orgasm

Thank you, thank you... *lights a cigarette*

That is a sexy trailer.
I noticed when I was done watching it that my fingers had reflexively started reaching for my wallet.

I didn't actually like Arkham Asylum all that much (don't ask me why, just had something about it that I couldn't place my finger on that just let the experience down for me,) BUT this looks really, really enjoyable.

Kudos to the devs, this is what a sequel should be like, bravo!

4173:

Yossarian1507:

edthehyena:

To me, it's a miss because it isn't a Harlequin with a comically over-sized mallet, gritty setting be damned.

Agreed, everyone else's appearance was kept roughly consistent with their comic counterpart. While I don't hate the two Harley costumes, it feels weird to me that they were overly fetishized. But then, that bothered me about Harley in the comics too.

squee!! ok what benefits will be for picking up say the PS3 version over PC?

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here