Trailers: Batman: Arkham City Debut

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

Ian Caronia:
So, did else anyone notice the HUGE FRIGGIN SPOILER in the trailer? Not Dr. Hugo Strange. Not Harley Quinn (who, is it just me, or is her voice...different? Less like the original actress and more like a really good imitator.. *shrugs* Could just be age). It's not even Two-Face (glad they kept his B.A.S suit) or Catwoman, who seems to be voiced by the same actress who did Jack from Mass Effect 2.
Side Note: I fully approve of the voice work, obviously. It's like the game is having sex with my ears and everyone is invit-okay maybe not but it's still great.

At the very end of the vid after the Facebook and pre order bit is

Leave the mysteries a mystery! I want to see the characters, but not at the expense of getting spoiler all over my face! I'll be buying this game new, but I'll also be staying FAAAR~ away from anything relating to this game until I do.

........What?

We've known that The Joker is in the game since the very first teaser. And with regards to the whole "being sick" thing, he doesn't exactly look too healthy at the moment.

anthony87:

........What?

We've known that The Joker is in the game since the very first teaser. And with regards to the whole "being sick" thing, he doesn't exactly look too healthy at the moment.

I put it in spoilers to prevent spoiling it, mate. But since you took the cat out of the bag might as well say it straight.
Joker was shown as stuck in a chair, coughing hard, and stuck to an IV and blood bag. He looked WAAAY more sick and aged than in this trailer. Also, when I checked out the earlier hands-on articles I read how Batman was also trying to find out if the Joker was really on his death bed or not. He might look bad, but compared to his previous cancer patient look he's definitely not on his death bed. Kind of ruins one of the many (I hope) mysteries about the game.

But maybe they revealed that before this trailer and I didn't notice. I don't know. I just think it was a waste to give a reveal like that just to show us that Joker really is in the game.

Ian Caronia:

anthony87:

........What?

I put it in spoilers to prevent spoiling it, mate. But since you took the cat out of the bag might as well say it straight.
Joker was shown as stuck in a chair, coughing hard, and stuck to an IV and blood bag. He looked WAAAY more sick and aged than in this trailer. Also, when I checked out the earlier hands-on articles I read how Batman was also trying to find out if the Joker was really on his death bed or not. He might look bad, but compared to his previous cancer patient look he's definitely not on his death bed. Kind of ruins one of the many (I hope) mysteries about the game.

But maybe they revealed that before this trailer and I didn't notice. I don't know. I just think it was a waste to give a reveal like that just to show us that Joker really is in the game.

I just assumed that anyone who'd been keeping an ear to the ground on this game would be aware that Mark Hammil has said that this will be his final time voicing The Joker....or of The Jokers appearence in the very first trailer......as would the people who just watched the trailer he just appeared in, thereby negating the need for a spoiler tag.

I think I'm getting off track.....

Anyways, do you really think they could've made a sequel to AA without Joker?

batman aa was one of the only game i went for 100% collectable puzzle pieces it was just worth it
more is always good.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or