Trailers: Batman: Arkham City Debut

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Ah cat-woman your design and actors may have changed but you're still as alluring as ever.

Frank_Sinatra_:
They should make an unlockable costume where you can re-play the game as the Adam West Batman.

Does it come with bat shark-repellent?

Trailer is meh but the gameplay looks fun, more control of the cape I see.

oooh... Look at the shiny! I'm so looking forward to the continuation of this franchise for a long time.

AmayaOnnaOtaku:
squee!! ok what benefits will be for picking up say the PS3 version over PC?

No 'Gays For Windows' (sorry if that joke offended anyone) comes to mind... Plus, I never played AA on the PC, but it looks like a game more suited for a pad rather than mouse + keyboard.

Anyone else think of the old PS1 batman game? Can't wait to get it.

Dear Rocksteady,
I love you.

With love, Eru.

Woodsey:
Terrible trailer, gameplay itself looks great though.

I agree. Poorly presented.

Cat woman - awkward romance shoehorned in. DO NOT WANT.

Still looks wicked.

Daaaah Whoosh:
I still don't understand why it doesn't just take place in Gotham.

ZombieGenesis:

I'm pretty sure Arkham City *IS* Gotham...
Isn't it? That was my understanding.

FYI: The original Arkham Asylum (well..."original"... It's been rebuilt twice) is set in an island right outside of Gotham City.

However, in Batman: AA, you find that Quincy Ward (current director) plans on expanding the Asylum to the mainland, which admittedly has to be the most flawed idea ever, considering why the asylum is set on an island to begin with... But whatever.

Arkham City is, then, an extension of the Arkham Asylum, set in the Gotham City mainland.

I love everything about this.

And then Joker's line, and then I came.

Nooners:
And who the hell was voicing Two-Face?!?! Didn't sound right to me...

As far as I'm concerned? Two-Face never sounds right. There's something about the way he always - ALWAYS - has that kind of limp on the left side of his lip, that guarantees whenever someone synchs audio to him it just looks... wrong. It happened in The Dark Knight and it shattered by suspension of disbelief, and it happens in the games and cartoons because... voice just can't come out of that man's mouth.

But, it always looks okay in comics, and isolate the voice and it sounds just fine. But combine image and voice and, from my perspective anyway, the whole thing shatters.

Frank_Sinatra_:
They should make an unlockable costume where you can re-play the game as the Adam West Batman.

This. Just.......This.

OT: Oh Dude! It comes out the DAY before my birthday?! That is freaking awesome!!

FlyAwayAutumn:

Woodsey:

Cowabungaa:

Terrible trailer?! Do elaborate. I thought it was pretty damn good. Showed the kind of setting we're seeing, showed what kind of new moves Bats is getting, showed some of our new allies and enemies and all set under a...interesting soundtrack. Really, if you ask me this is everything a trailer needs to be.

It felt like a checklist had been used to make it, and I'll take your "interesting" to mean bad, which it was.

Did you not like the music itself or did you think it didn't fit with Batman.

Also as far as the checklist goes, does that really make it bad? They're just trying to show you as much as possible.

For a trailer, yes xD Its supposed to sell me the game - I'm not supposed to be thinking about how poorly put together it looks.

And the music didn't fit, although I didn't really like it either.

Frank_Sinatra_:

I second that idea.

what a strange soundtrack to that trailer. While the music fits the mood, the subject matter clashed with it. XD its like i have a giant mixed bag of emotions after seeing that. Looking forward to this game. one of my favorite console experiences in a long while.

Andy of Comix Inc:
I love everything about this.

And then Joker's line, and then I came.

Nooners:
And who the hell was voicing Two-Face?!?! Didn't sound right to me...

As far as I'm concerned? Two-Face never sounds right. There's something about the way he always - ALWAYS - has that kind of limp on the left side of his lip, that guarantees whenever someone synchs audio to him it just looks... wrong. It happened in The Dark Knight and it shattered by suspension of disbelief, and it happens in the games and cartoons because... voice just can't come out of that man's mouth.

But, it always looks okay in comics, and isolate the voice and it sounds just fine. But combine image and voice and, from my perspective anyway, the whole thing shatters.

I always found the only thing good that came out of the 'Purple Batman Movies', was Tommy Lee Jones as TwoFace. I thought he was great at the part, he can be psychotic and civil so well. I think they should of got him to voice TwoFace, but that's just my opinion.

oh my... i felt a disturbance in the Force when i saw this trailer... this game is the bringer of paradise

I wish I had a anti-"waitingforthisgame!!" spray in my utility belt!

SODAssault:
Please don't let the trailer end up being better than the game, because based what I've seen, I'm expecting nothing less than the second coming.

Me too O.o

I'm filled with trepidation and fear, but also hope and expectation!
It *can't* suck, I just hope I don't end up expecting too much :P

*wee*

beefpelican:
The song is Short Change Hero by The Heavy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6eSksEp27U

Isn't it strange how old timey music always sounds so appropriate for videos of flawless badasses being flawless and badass?

Well, Batman's one of the most noir superheroes, and the game has a noir vibe. Music with a 1940s or 1970s feel is usually very appropriate. Or maybe the whole thing feels like a Robert Rodriguez movie. Either way, looking forward to AC.

I like this, but what are the chances that someone like Yatzee is going to call out game as stealing from Just Cause 2 and/or Assassins Creed?

what was up with that song am i the only one who thought it was an odd choice?

I don't know why I didn't realize that this would be another retelling of No Man's Land until now. Game looks great but I don't think the trailer did it justice.

Do not want...

...in October, want it now! Give me the game Rocksteady, give it to me now or I'll cry.

Jebus, Harlie looks just like Jeanette from Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines in that new outfit. Not that I'm complaining, but...damn.

What's got two thumbs and is really freaking excited for this game?

Everyone, it sounds like. AS THEY SHOULD BE!

God damn, I do love some Batman.

Comes out a week before my birthday too, the hints will not be subtle.

I like the new design they gave harley quinn :)

I'm fangirling and all, but there's one thing that's always bugged me about Arkham Asylum, and this seems to be carrying over to Arkham City...

The stiff, uncanny valley facial animations. It's reminiscent of Fallout 3 and Oblivion and it constantly scares the shitbrix outta me.

Anyway, sexy stuffs.

So, did else anyone notice the HUGE FRIGGIN SPOILER in the trailer? Not Dr. Hugo Strange. Not Harley Quinn (who, is it just me, or is her voice...different? Less like the original actress and more like a really good imitator.. *shrugs* Could just be age). It's not even Two-Face (glad they kept his B.A.S suit) or Catwoman, who seems to be voiced by the same actress who did Jack from Mass Effect 2.
Side Note: I fully approve of the voice work, obviously. It's like the game is having sex with my ears and everyone is invit-okay maybe not but it's still great.

At the very end of the vid after the Facebook and pre order bit is

Leave the mysteries a mystery! I want to see the characters, but not at the expense of getting spoiler all over my face! I'll be buying this game new, but I'll also be staying FAAAR~ away from anything relating to this game until I do.

GeorgW:
2 words: Fucking awesome!
It's coming out exactly one month before my birthday, how annoying.
Anyways, I'll tell you what I've told Funk. Stop telling me about AC, the anticipation is killing me!!!

its coming out on my birthday!!! haha :D yeah awesome

beefpelican:

Yossarian1507:

edthehyena:
Though they still missed with Harley Quinn's costume.

Why? I like it much more than the costume from AA. Also, it looks like now we'll have a proper boss fight with her, which is good. That was seriously annoying, when instead of fighting her I just had to beat thousands of regular goons.

Anyway, looks great, I'll definitely buy it.

Also, what's the name of the song?

THANK YOU very much for linking up that music. Think I've discovered someone new as a result. :D

antipunt:

Superhyperactiveman:

antipunt:
Gah, Batman, you are so cool but you really need to drop the 'I cannot kill -no matter what- mantra! It's causing more harm than good!'

In other news, that trailer is fantastic. Game looks pretty great.

No he does not. His staunch moral code is what makes him Batman. It's part of why he's awesome.

Batman is awesome, but I just wish he could make some sort of 'pact'. Like, "if the guy in question repeatedly escapes and has a kill count of over a couple hundred, I can off him". ((ie: Joker and friends.)) Comics would be a heck of a lot more boring, but hey! one less homicidal maniac amirite?

I suppose it's part of what makes Batman batman, they go over it quite a bit in the comics, and the recent animated film "Under the red hood",(I can't remember the name of the comic it's adapted from) although saying that, if you've ever read Final Crisis...

OT: Need. Now.

Squato:

beefpelican:

Yossarian1507:

Why? I like it much more than the costume from AA. Also, it looks like now we'll have a proper boss fight with her, which is good. That was seriously annoying, when instead of fighting her I just had to beat thousands of regular goons.

Anyway, looks great, I'll definitely buy it.

Also, what's the name of the song?

THANK YOU very much for linking up that music. Think I've discovered someone new as a result. :D

You're very welcome :D (all I did was google arkham city trailer music. Hooray for the internet!)

Holy shit! Now that is how you make a trailer, it was the music that really made it stand out.

I just hope they don't get too Just Cause-y with that grapple...

Can someone else please say they think Two Face sounds like Ben Stiller, because that'd be awesome!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here