Trailers: Prey 2 Teaser

Prey 2 Teaser

A plane ride gone wrong.

Watch Video

What a goofy trailer.

Prey was an amazing game......but this is an awful trailer for the 2nd Prey.

Oh, fuck off. no-one could possibly call this a half-decent trailer, several pointless minutes of cloverfield-style nonsense with twice as much shakeycam and incomprehensible visuals. If the director was looking to annoy people into not buying the game, he may succeed if he keeps trying.

Uhh. I want my 2 minutes back.

Been waiting for prey 2 for a LOOONG time.

Failure, complete failure. Now I'm not sure if I want Prey 2 anymore.

I was wondering when and if they were going to make a Prey 2. The first one was pretty good overall.

I am curious to see where they take the story now since the trailer didn't really do much to shed any light on it except to basically say "The war isn't over yet!"

Why do people hate this trailer? It's awesome!

So it's true that we're not playing as the same character again? It's the impression I got from the trailer at least.

Wait... is this a trailer for Prey 2, or a late trailer for the first Prey?, as I clearly remember that there was a rather similar plane being teletransported to The Sphere.

And I clearly remember destroying that thing in the first place... or at least I thought so.

Cheesy trailer aside, I loved the first game, watching the final labels got me more excited than the trailer itself. Bethesda, id Software and Human Head Studios (the guys that made the game in the first place). Incidentially, I always considered the first game as the bastard child of id Software, aside from the fact that it used a (heavily) modified version of the Doom 3 engine. I can't wait to see more details of the game.

What an annoying prick with the cam.

Not the greatest trailer ever but I'm still looking forward to the game as I thought the first was a good romp. And anyone who says the trailer is putting them off the game is just being silly as a game should be judged on its content and not how it's marketed!

For a moment i thought that that game had amazing graphics!!

Never played the first one, and I can honestly say this trailer left me completely clueless regarding what this game is about. Nothing at all.

I quite liked this trailer, But I think I have a bit of a soft spot for the old "shakycam" nonsense,

aside from that... Why? Prey was an enjoyable game but by no means merited a sequel, plus it wraps up pretty cleanly if my alcohol soaked memory is correct.

The use of portals in the game was fun, but some other game came out using portals too, and it was a lot better... What was that called again?

SupahGamuh:
Wait... is this a trailer for Prey 2, or a late trailer for the first Prey?, as I clearly remember that there was a rather similar plane being teletransported to The Sphere.

And I clearly remember destroying that thing in the first place... or at least I thought so.

You are not incorrect on that.

The plane sorta looks like the one in the trailer, and Tommy does slam The Sphere into the sun in the end of the game.

So, yeah I'm with you. WTF?

remember that lady coming back at the end to teleport you to some "people" who wanted to talk to you?

skip to after the credits to check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxNEFIcQIlA

OT: it's called a teaser for a reason... did anyone actually expect to see gameplay?

Wow, people need to get over themselves. Its just a teaser trailer. Kinda sad if this will actually prevent you from buying the game.
My fear of flying and stuff made that hard to watch, but Ive been looking forward to Prey 2 since I beat Prey 1, since it set up for a sequal.

Steadicam.

Look it up.

Look what I found.

I loved the first prey. I really hope you're still Tommy and learning more spirit powers. I loved his character and abilities.

Yay, more Prey. I love my day. For Prey is here to stay and now DNF's on it's way there will be simple arena gunplay and I will own noobs everyday.

kara_bulut:
Look what I found.

So instead of Tommy,we get a random space marine.
It was so unexpected.

stop complaining about the trailer, the whole point of the very 1st trailer of anything is to simply reveal its existance, and guess what? you watched it.. mission accomplished. Anyway, the first Prey was pretty sweet so I hope this is handled well... although if previous comments concerning a 'space marine' character prove to be correct.. well i just might die a little inside..

JPRanger:
stop complaining about the trailer, the whole point of the very 1st trailer of anything is to simply reveal its existance, and guess what? you watched it.. mission accomplished. Anyway, the first Prey was pretty sweet so I hope this is handled well... although if previous comments concerning a 'space marine' character prove to be correct.. well i just might die a little inside..

Didn't actually watch it, skipped to the last 20 seconds.

I recognized it as a waste of time the moment I saw the colverfield-cam.

Pretty stupid trailer if you ask me. May as well take a several minute long clip from whatever random video you can find and then add a sphere to the last few seconds and you have the exact same effect.

In fact, why not just open with a 10 sec clip of the sphere then end the trailer. That seemed to be the only point of the video.

Stavros Dimou:

kara_bulut:
Look what I found.

It was so unexpected.

Bounty Hunter actually. Tommy will return as an NPC and you will play as that generic white guy.

whatever, your just trying to start a pointless argument at this point .. its a teaser trailer, and you figured out it was for Prey 2..therefore it fulfilled its purpose. Besides, hardly any teaser trailers show anything specific other than the final title.. just look at the battlefield 3 teaser.. nothing but shakey pulsating and explosion sounds then out of no where "BATTLEFIELD 3". So theres no point in complaining, and these people saying they arent gonna buy the game because of that teaser are complete idiots.

I like how the line between film and videogames is starting to blur, to focus on a positive note.

Mabye its my bias for the mysterious alien genre but this trailer got my attention.

luvd1:

I missed half what was going on as I was busy asking that he is NOT the pc.

So I didn't miss much.

I find it funny that this is another 3D Realms conceived game that had to be finished by someone else.
Addendum:

Mr.Amakir:

Stavros Dimou:

kara_bulut:
Look what I found.

It was so unexpected.

Bounty Hunter actually. Tommy will return as an NPC and you will play as that generic white guy.

I was hoping for the US Marshal who was on the plane. The one person who kept his wits during the whole farce in this teaser.

samsonguy920:

luvd1:

I missed half what was going on as I was busy asking that he is NOT the pc.

So I didn't miss much.

I find it funny that this is another 3D Realms conceived game that had to be finished by someone else.
Addendum:

Mr.Amakir:

Stavros Dimou:

It was so unexpected.

I was hoping for the US Marshal who was on the plane. The one person who kept his wits during the whole farce in this teaser.

Acttualy yeah, he lasted the whole gun fight didn't he without getting insta-vaporised.
Damn now i care more about some dude froma trailer than i will for the game's no doubt voiceless protagonist.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here