Show About Games Show: Soccer Kicks & Drawing... well

Pages PREV 1 2

At the beginning of the video, did you use shamus's procedurally generated city? Just an observation :)

I can't help but feel that the Drawing Dicks on things review was a parody of the Escapist's reviews :P

Its really sweet that I don't have to criticize new episodes on the escapist since they are actually really good, especially now that I am on probation.

Also thank you guys at uberfriends for finally making shows about games and not sitcoms. :>

icyneesan:
I can't help but feel that the Drawing Dicks on things review was a parody of the Escapist's reviews :P

I think this and the other "Gamesturbation" segments are parodies of IGN.com, the ones before were parodying the Daily Fix videos while this one did their video reviews, right down to the "to read the full written review, head on over to ____.com" line.

The episodes are getting better all the time guys, keep em coming.

icyneesan:

I think it might be a parody of an old ENN episode. http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/escapist-news-network/1123-Pictodicks

it was a fairly funny episode up untill drawing dicks on things, then it became my favourite episode in ages, loved how seriously presented it was, if i wasnt watching the screen and didn't hear the word dick i would have sworn it was a real video review for a real game

DLC: The Tit-ular expansion! Draw dicks, and breasts! Dicks with breasts! Breasts with dick-nipples! More Dicks! More Breasts!

potemkin.hr:
At the beginning of the video, did you use shamus's procedurally generated city? Just an observation :)

It's actually a nice little free plug-in called Greeble. It's quick but it only makes the basic blocks so the lights on the buildings were made with 3ds-maxs own procedural textures.

OK, that dick-drawing skit was actually hilarious!

Who doesn't want to Draw Dicks on Things?

They should make DDOT MMO! Loved how you take the piss out of IGN.

kaieth:
Was there supposed to be humor in there?

If there was I didn't find it.

The assumption is that you would find DDOT funny. So i am guessing the demographic for this is frat boys and kids under 12?

I tried to find the funny but i found phallus instead.

DDOT reminds me of an Armstrong and Miller sketch........which I can't find on Youtube.

Best episode of Show About Games Show so far. I thought that the #1 Fan bit was so on point and it is true in all sports games. The fake review was hysterical! There was only one throwaway and it was a transition. This episode was short and sweet.

omg my 2 friends were playing left for dead two and i put this on. all of a sudden they hear "draw dicks on things" by the end of the video we were all crying from laughing soo hard. Thank you for the video.

great stuff this time
but i generally like the gamesterbator section
reminds me a bit of ENN

Great episode. Shorter than normal, but I like it when episodes don't overstay their welcome. You should definitely keep this length unless you have a big episode like Snake's box or Little Big Planets again.

1st skit I thought was pretty dumb. Second one had me hysterical, but I'm known to laugh at the stupid humor especially when I'm tired like I am right now.

"Our world is dying! You must DRAW DICKS on things!
Best line I've heard today (not hard accomplishment though since its only 24 minutes into the day)

coldfrog:
Funniest episode since the first! Aaaaand... didn't they already make this game? It's called "Photoshop". I guess that one was a bit more artsy, in which you didn't get graded on your dicks. It was more about the style and creativity. However, I see how this can work for people who don't quite have the talent to draw dicks on things as well as those of us who majored in "Phallic Art" so I think it's worthwhile.

I hear the sequel is called "Scribbletits".

Scribbletits...*Giggle*

Overall this was an excellent episode. All very tight and excellently put together.

I liked the drawing dicks on things review but the rest was just stupid.

yeah, shorter was better. But maybe you should just make your skits shorter, and have the same amount as before - I was left a little unsatisfied when there were only two skits, and both were pretty one note affairs (though I was amused, can't complain)
then again maybe I still have ADD from watching both seasons of sanity not included yesterday... freaking machinima.com youtube videos and their incestous advertising :/
EDIT: jesus, guys, can we keep the criticism constructive? saying shit like "still not funny" is a waste of all of our time.

Jaded_Muffin:
Good episode :)

It had a nice pace, was clever and the jokes didn't outstay their welcome. I enjoyed it.

This sums it up pretty well. Your first genuinely good episode in a while guys, well done.

Am I a bad person for thinking that game looks fun?

I didn't like it.

Not a great episode here. It gave me a smile, but really didn't work for me. Previous episodes were much funnier.

I'd buy a DSi for DDoT.

warfjm:
Still not funny.

If you don't like the show, stop watching it.

Comments like still not funny are useless, as you haven't given any examples of what you do find funny, or what about this episode prevented it from being funny for you.

They are also considered low content posts, which are a big no no.

If you haven't enjoyed the show up till now, why do you keep watching it? Nothing is making you click the link each week. If you hate it so much, go away and leave those of us who do enjoy it alone.

And finally, if you think you can do better, make your own damn series, enter it in the next contest, and show everyone what you do consider funny.

Short, funny, and addressed something we all thought would happen when we saw the potential for it with the DSi and know one or two really immature friends.

I'd buy that game :D

Omegatronacles:

warfjm:
Still not funny.

5 minutes of my time to watch a video is a real sacrifice I tell yah. Oh, and there is sooooo much effort involved in clicking a link. I have to move the mouse, then put it over the link, then actually lift my finger and depress the button. Such hard work.

I've actually quit watching the show a few weeks ago and came back to see if it had improved or not. Nope, still no improvement.

If I knew what constitutes funny, I'd be rich; but I do know what isn't funny. Dick jokes. They are immature and assume that I'll laugh at the lowest common denominator. Thanks, now I feel like I'm in middle school again. I really don't like having my intelligence insulted. There is better material out there other than overused dick jokes.

There, satisfied?

warfjm:

Omegatronacles:

warfjm:
Still not funny.

5 minutes of my time to watch a video is a real sacrifice I tell yah. Oh, and there is sooooo much effort involved in clicking a link. I have to move the mouse, then put it over the link, then actually lift my finger and depress the button. Such hard work.

I've actually quit watching the show a few weeks ago and came back to see if it had improved or not. Nope, still no improvement.

If I knew what constitutes funny, I'd be rich; but I do know what isn't funny. Dick jokes. They are immature and assume that I'll laugh at the lowest common denominator. Thanks, now I feel like I'm in middle school again. I really don't like having my intelligence insulted. There is better material out there other than overused dick jokes.

There, satisfied?

Not really, because you still haven't provided any constructive criticism. You've just whinged because you don't find dick jokes funny.

Looking at the majority of comments about this episode, other people do find dick jokes funny.

Apparently watching the show IS such a big effort for you, because you have to come on the comments section and bitch about how terrible it was. How horrible for you to suffer through the free content this website offers you.

Humour is subjective. If you don't find this funny, piss off and leave it alone for those who do.

Omegatronacles:

Humour is subjective. If you don't find this funny, piss off and leave it alone for those who do.

So, I'm not allowed to give my opinion if I don't find dick jokes funny? Maybe I see some potential in this show and will still come back and watch and still give one line comments if I didn't like an episode. Or, I'll just keep coming back just to annoy people with self righteous attitudes.

Humor is subjective and so are opinions and everyone has opinions. I don't need to provide constructive criticism if I want to or not. I'm just some guy on the internet, trying to prove a point on some random forum to some random guy. Yay! I win the argument! Great, now what? Nothing. We both look like asses.

Oh, and not liking dick jokes IS criticism. Maybe they will change and go for the highbrow jokes and stray away from the lowbrow comedy. I'm just hoping. The show has better potential than they give themselves credit for. Come up with better, smarter material. Lowbrow comedy is good once in a while, but a steady diet of it gets tiring fast.

And I doubt they will even read this.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or