Trailers: Starpoint Gemini Trailer

Starpoint Gemini Trailer

Explore, command, trade, and engage in spaceship combat in Starpoint Gemini.

Watch Video

An RTS/RPG set in space? Sold!

Kinda looks like EVE. And the more I think about EVE as an RTS the more I think it would actually make a good game. I've been jonesing for a good strategy game for a while already. Civ V only sated me for so long-- I need me some real-time stuff man!

Looks dated a bit also looks like X games/Freelancer

Stammer:

Kinda looks like EVE. And the more I think about EVE as an RTS the more I think it would actually make a good game. I've been jonesing for a good strategy game for a while already. Civ V only sated me for so long-- I need me some real-time stuff man!

I'd give it some time, the game isn't new, it's been out a little while:

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-SPG/starpoint-gemini

I like the way it looks, but have been waiting to see if it gets seriously cleaned up, especially for $30. It's reception has been generally negative due to a number of bugs that make the game almost unplayable. Here is a link to the gamefaqs forum:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/614513-starpoint-gemini

Neat idea, and looks like it could be a lot of fun, but at the same time most things I've read about it have had people complaining about the right flags not going off to trigger events needed to progress, with people even getting locked into the tutorial areas and such and being unable to leave. There is more on it, but it seems like it will need a lot more patching.

I mention this simply because I've had my eye on it, it hasn't seen a lot of traffic or promotion, but I figured when the price reduced it might be worth a look, and by then I figure they will have fixed it as much as they were going to.

Still it IS a neat looking game, I tend to like space-trader/combat type games which this seems to be similar to. I don't know why but it also makes me think of "Star Control 2" which is a game I wish had inspired some people to imitate it, as I thought that game was incredible in it's day even if I didn't care for the time limit.

Why would I want this when I have the X-Series?

It seems superior in every way.
Not to forget that I'm a fan of the X-Series since X - Beyond the Frontier

Stammer:

You may wanna take a look into Homeworld. Dammit Relic, why have you forgotten that gem? :,(

OT: Seems interesting, gonna look into it.

CatinHat:
Looks dated a bit also looks like X games/Freelancer

I was thinking the same thing. Which reminds me, where did I put Freelancer, need some good ship combat

So, is it EVE with directional shields (making combat more active), or is there an RTS component?

We need less Eve and more Freespace/Tie Fighter/Wing Commander

That trailer was a joke. If you like outerspace buy X3.
It srsly kicks ass.

Elric_de_Melnibone:
Why would I want this when I have the X-Series?

It seems superior in every way.

What else could you possibly add...

I am incredibly sick of space games that look like a rainbow puked on the skybox.

This served to remind me that Homeworld 3 needs to happen.

So is this an eve clone, or an eve clone that's actually interesting?

Unlike a lot of trailers, this one didn't give me enough to let me know whether I'm interested in the game or not. A lot of the visuals are flat and kind of "stock." Like, I've seen this exact sort of thing a dozen times.

This acutally looks kinda interesting.

Now all I need is a new gaming pc.... -.-

Trust me, there is more to this game then it seems. I've purchased it a while ago, and it had some problems with DRM protection system. But that issue has been resolved quickly, and now, after version 1.008 is released, I must say the result is amazing. A very very dynamic game with a surprisingly lot of action, sarcastic humor and depth. Huge playable area, deep storyline, RPG elements (exp, perks, abilities, officers)... I gotta say, the LGM team (whoever they are ), did an amazing job. Maybe this is not a game with huge budget and flashy marketing, but this is a GAME, players game in the best sense of that word

BTW, there is new trailer at the iceberg channel on youtube. Much better then the old ones

why would anyone rip-off EVE online?

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here