Critical Miss: Okamiden: Handling Criticism

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Grey Carter:
Critical Miss: Ōkamiden: Handling Criticism

It could have been worse.

Read Full Article

Great comic and hilariously done. Loved your cute drawing style on this one and definitely LOL'd at the last panel

Hey Erin! WHERE YO CURLY MUSTACHE AT!?!?

XD

if only you could draw moustaches on everyone.

Madara XIII:

Grey Carter:

Read Full Article

Great comic and hilariously done. Loved your cute drawing style on this one and definitely LOL'd at the last panel

XD

Chibi-terasu for DLC in MvC3? It would combo great with Deadpool's meta humor.

LOL.
Okami needs a proper HD remake on modern consoles.

If you could draw mustaches on anything i think that would be a great game.

Mysnomer:

Madara XIII:

Grey Carter:

Read Full Article

XD

LOL Definitey. Especially considering I love them Pringles!

Hehehe...Mustache Erin looks like a cop...

And classic gag. Gotta love the old ones.

Tuqui:
Hahaha, lovely :P i hope a real sequel of Okami is released soon, i loved the first game.

Considering Clover Studios, the development team behind Okami, was dissolved not long after the game was released, a "true" sequel is pretty much impossible.

2xDouble:
Ok, raise your hand if you now want a "humiliating mustache" attack in Okamiden!

Are you kidding me? There should be a humiliating mustache attack in every game.

Lvl 64 Klutz:

Tuqui:
Hahaha, lovely :P i hope a real sequel of Okami is released soon, i loved the first game.

Considering Clover Studios, the development team behind Okami, was dissolved not long after the game was released, a "true" sequel is pretty much impossible.

I know, but i can wish for a big console sequel, at least a spiritual sequel that would follow the game style more than okamiden.

Heh... just when I start to get worried that you'd fall into a stream of dead-horse DA2 criticisms, you come out with this adorable little strip. :)

FYI I Am Some Guy:
While I understand Okamiden does not live up to Okami, it is still a great game. To me, at least.
Also, is it possible you can post a higher resolution picture of Chibi? :3

Sure.

And my personal version.

mjc0961:
Not surprised the game would get a low rating. It is a sequel to one of the most genuinely bad games ever released (horribly broken controls that can't be fixed because the Wii has no patches are absolutely bad; so when I'm calling it genuinely bad, I mean it really is quite bad because of major technical issues, not just that I didn't like it).

What does surprise me is that the brush controls worked in one try. Then again, it was probably trying to do cut, but the game read it as "mustache" instead, just like its predecessor would do.

I never had any problems with the controls, maybe the dodge mechanic didn't work as well as it could of, but that was a minor issue. Are you sure you don't just suck at using the Wiimote?

Anyone who considers Okami bad (or refuses to play it.) should be banned from gaming forever. FACT.

Okamiden I'm really enjoying too. It's downgraded from the first one sure. But it's in no way bad. Shame it was put out the week between POkemon and the 3DS so it'll never do well.

WanderingFool:

Celtic_Kerr:
The... The eyes... Must... Look... away- OMG I WANT ONE!!!!!!!

.... What? Even men can fall for cute Sun Goddess puppy eyes

True...

Anyways, Erin not only has a heart of stone, she also has a mustache of STEEL!!!

I thought it was Boobs of Steel... or am I the one getting their tropes mixed up?

Grey Carter:

And my personal version.

That thing will give me nightmares. Looks like a cross between a dog and a spider

UberaDpmn:
I... don't get it. Never heard of, seen or played whatever game that is.

The game looks like it'd be crappy and final-fantasy / anime-ey and I literally just have no idea what the moustache or paint-brushing reference is pointing at.

D-did you just write off Okami of all things as generic?
Its art style isn't based off of anime, it's inspired by Japanese mythology. The paint-brushing is part of the game - you play the role of the sun goddess, Amaterasu (in wolf form, and not the wolf shown above), and part of the game is how she paints on the fabric of reality with the Celestial Brush. It's used very well, and many acts can be done with it like restoring decrepit forests, calling down thunder, or paint mustaches onto women's faces (okay, not that last one).

mjc0961:
Not surprised the game would get a low rating. It is a sequel to one of the most genuinely bad games ever released (horribly broken controls that can't be fixed because the Wii has no patches are absolutely bad; so when I'm calling it genuinely bad, I mean it really is quite bad because of major technical issues, not just that I didn't like it).

Having played and adored the Wii version, I honestly don't understand these complaints. Okami is one of the two games that I can't imagine playing with a standard controller (with Metroid Prime being the other). I enjoyed it a great deal, so dismissing it as objectively woeful is taking a leap, in my opinion.

GOD HAND HD would make me buy a PS3. GOD HAND HD would resuscitate the Sony fanboy in me. GOD HAND HD would cure Parkinson's Disease. FACT

Alexeduardo:
GOD HAND HD would make me buy a PS3. GOD HAND HD would resuscitate the Sony fanboy in me. GOD HAND HD would cure Parkinson's Disease. FACT

God Hand EXtreme would out-kick Chuck Norris in a kicking contest, then dragon kick his ass into the milky way, then would bust your balls before practicing its God-Pimp Hand technique on your girlfriend.

icyneesan:
It could be worse, he could have drawn a dick on you :P

Redundant, Erin is a guy. XD

j/k, I hope...

Celtic_Kerr:
The... The eyes... Must... Look... away- OMG I WANT ONE!!!!!!!

.... What? Even men can fall for cute Sun Goddess puppy eyes

No need to feel ashamed. No one can resist the Sun Goddess puppy eyes. No one.

I wish they had made it for the 3DS...

DTWolfwood:
o that caught me off guard, a good rofl'ing this one is.

way to use an old gag to good affect XD

True I was expecting her to melt for the cutesy eyes and then poof moustache

I agree, a God Hand 2 would be epic.

Top right panel:CUTIST PICTURE EVER ._.

Madara XIII:

Mysnomer:

Now I have to...

Mag Frikkin Neto!

mjc0961:

What does surprise me is that the brush controls worked in one try. Then again, it was probably trying to do cut, but the game read it as "mustache" instead, just like its predecessor would do.

What? I....no, Your just wrong. Or trolling...wrong or trolling.

Anyways, I think the game looks fine, and I kinda like the puzzles, the game runs fine for me too, the only thing I found was that combat was WAAAAY more choppy from an animation perspective, which kinda does break the flow for me, other than that it's been a good game not as good as the original PS2 version mind you but still worth the purchase imo, I'm actually playing it right now. Makes me wonder if we even played the same game.

Tharwen:
I don't understand...

Someone explain.

Please?

EDIT: Your title doesn't like being fed extended character sets.

The game Okamiden is about an adorable puppy (hense the cute pannel) who has a magical paint brush that can alter reality. Seriously go play the first game "Okami" you will thank me.

The thing that got me was the frequency of loading. It loads a new screen every 50 ft sometimes, so running across the first village took like 6 loads. I stopped playing after that. Too bad, too. I bought Okami 4 times (some as gifts, some as replacements) on the Wii and PS2. I played it tripping my face off and had one of the best times with a game in my life.

Daystar Clarion:
I like it. It's not as good as Okami, but the 'spirit' is still there. It feels like Okami, and that's enough for me.

Damn skippy. Heck, I'm still astounded that they managed to emulate Okami's painterly art style on the DS (even if it didn't translate 100%). Hopefully Eshiro and his team get a second chance on the 3DS or perhaps on the Wii if they can't get a PS3/360 game approved. I especially liked the story that was truly heartfelt and emotional without devolving into melodramatic bullshit. Some of the more touching moments had me putting the waterworks on full blast. I actually felt attached to the characters.

It is also a lot simpler than Okami was gameplay-wise, but no more so than say the portable Zeldas have been to their console brothers. At the very least the game deserves to be played because, like MvC3, we never thought we'd get another. I say give the team some friggin' support.

b-but.... but it's SOOO CUUUTEEE!!!!!! ^.^ KIRBY HUG!!!!! (>'.')> <('.'<)

If anything, this comic was more cute than funny

I weren't really too excited about this, finished Okami for the first time on the PS2 just the other week and it felt like a really complete story. Or rather, 3. Okami Kids with simplified puzzles and worse-looking graphics didn't seem very enticing. I might just be bitter because none of the Clover guys look like they have anything to do with this, though.

I would really, really like a God Hand sequel. But not if it's on the DS :<

Grey Carter:

Image is broken for me.

But after seeing the code, I completely, 100% agree.

Gindil:

Madara XIII:

Mysnomer:

Now I have to...

Mag Frikkin Neto!

And in relation to Deadpool and Magneto... and MvC3:

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook