Trailers: Conduit 2 Environments Teaser

Conduit 2 Environments Teaser

A sneak peek of the environments in Conduit 2, from the Bermuda Triangle to Oxford, England.

Watch Video

dang Even after an alien invasion, I still cant get a parking spot in Oxford.
OT: game looks great, cant wait to play.

I thought the first game didn't do well enough to warrant a sequel. Seriously, weren't the sales for the first conduit terrible?

"I have seen better looking Wii games. And even gamecube games. This is more on the level of a ps2 that someone has trodden on"
But I dont really care the game. I dont own a wii

ZOMG! look at the grafic crysis2 got nothing on this game!

When I first saw this trailer I thought, "Okay, this is a joke right? Someone posted the trailer for an old game." Trailer ends...Oh, its on the Wii

AssassinJoe:
I thought the first game didn't do well enough to warrant a sequel. Seriously, weren't the sales for the first conduit terrible?

Nah. They weren't great, but apparently they were passable. (Or profitable I guess. Some companies are less picky about these things than others.)

Brombaq:
"I have seen wii better looking WII games. And even gamecube games. This is more on the level of a ps2 that someone has trodden on"
But I dont really care the game. I dont own a wii

Yeah, and that's what annoys me. I don't care Wii games don't look like PS3/360 games, but could we at least try and make them as good as gamecube games?
Seriously. WTF?

Still cautiously optimistic about this game. Gonna wait to see what the general reaction is when it's released.

Rem45:
When I first saw this trailer I thought, "Okay, this is a joke right? Someone posted the trailer for an old game." Trailer ends...Oh, its on the Wii

Oh come on. The graphics are alright. Not all games need to be ZOMGMYEYESJUSTHADANORGASM! 'sides, I'd prefer if they spent more time on making each area feel alive and unique (which they seem to have done). That goes a lot farther towards making the game immersive than pure polygon count.

Then again, I'm the kind of guy who wouldn't give two craps if graphics hadn't gotten better after the Gamecube. (Can't speak for conduit 1, though, since I never played it, but apparently it looked pretty bad)

aegix drakan:
Still cautiously optimistic about this game. Gonna wait to see what the general reaction is when it's released.

Rem45:

Oh come on. The graphics are alright. Not all games need to be ZOMGMYEYESJUSTHADANORGASM! 'sides, I'd prefer if they spent more time on making each area feel alive and unique (which they seem to have done). That goes a lot farther towards making the game immersive than pure polygon count.

Then again, I'm the kind of guy who wouldn't give two craps if graphics hadn't gotten better after the Gamecube. (Can't speak for conduit 1, though, since I never played it, but apparently it looked pretty bad)

The problem here is that we've SEEN Wii games do better, so the only excuse for "bad" graphics would be intentionally making a retro style or something of the sort. What we have here is something that's going for an at least somewhat realistic look, and doing a fairly poor job at it without even offering the most the Wii is capable off. Even then, that doesn't exactly kill the game, but when you try to make it a selling point, it falls flat on its face (see Homefront's story for a similar example).

The 90's called, they want their engine back.

In other news; Crysis 2.

OtherAlex:
The 90's called, they want their engine back.

Did you tell them about Hati and Japan?! No!? YOU BASTARDD!!!

OT: Looks pretty typical, almost like Halo 2 now that I think about... Well at least we finally get a run-of-the-mill FPS. I don't expect it to be stupendous, but at least there's a dev team that cares about the Wii

only thing that impressed me from the first game was water affects....no seriously, walk in water ripples form in front of you, stop and the ripple you keep going forward and eventually dissipating. They obvioustly put way to much time into that.

Looks eerily similar to the first halo game. Just sayin'.

God damn that music was awful. like being ear raped by a vuvuzeala.

O.T: nice to see the variety that they are trying to implement though.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here