Top 5 with Lisa Foiles: Top 5 In-Game Songs

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Top 5 In-Game Songs

Sure, we all love "Still Alive" from Portal, but there's more hilarity where that came from! Comic Jumper, Bard's Tale, Monkey Island - here are some of the funniest songs heard in our favorite games!

Watch Video

Still Alive was played during the game silly :)

P.S. Yes, JoCo is amazing.

I love the reference to Friends :D

Oh I love Pappa The Rappa, which makes it so sad that PlayStation won't release it on the PSN Store. D':

like how you just changed the lyrics to down town by petula clark
smooth
also excellent choices!

Lisa Foiles:
Top 5 In-Game Songs

Sure, we all love "Still Alive" from Portal, but there's more hilarity where that came from! Comic Jumper, Bard's Tale, Monkey Island - here are some of the funniest songs heard in our favorite games!

Watch Video

This may be crazy but your song gave me the chills, you should finish it. Or team up with Rebecca Mayes for just one time.

Putting things into lists, funny, and drinks my favorite beer. I am now officially addicted to Lisa Follies.

Oh yeah! I am glad to see "A Pirate I meant to be" on the list. I love that song and the insult minigame are always funny!

Room Temp, Guinness should be served room temp.

No Great Mighty Poo song from Conker's Bad Fur Day? I call shenanigans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GuMXU_qGfU

queen ftw

also, still alive should have been no1, so origonal.

Fair enough that "Still Alive" was in the closing credits (though a lively instrumental version WAS playing over the radio in the starting room). You made me oh-so happy when you included "A Pirate I Was Meant To Be."

But really? That rapping game was your number 1? Hey, whatever. Your list, not mine. I just don't like the rap genre, and I never liked Playstation games (both for their uncomfortable controls and their cardboard cut-out graphics, the latter of which isn't really the case anymore).

Did you know: The Beer, Beer, Beer song is actually an old Royal Navy song and its first recording was made back in 1950?

How did I know, that bards tale was on the list? Its a miracle!

Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind.

This is becoming the funniest video series on this site. Glad I stuck with it.

Although these songs weren't funny, the Midnight Rider songs from Left 4 Dead 2 were pretty cool rock songs.

No Skull Monkeys? For shame. I am at work and hence have no youtube acces so I can't send you all a link. Please Escapists (and Lisa) do yourselves a favour and check out the songs on this PS1 classic. They are truly imaginative and very funny to boot.

Either way, I will try to embed a link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1qb6d_i3To

Hope it worked, as I can't check.

Good list, especially Bards Tale, but I'm still downhearted that this didnt make a mention on the list, also one of the most annoying stages I've ever played

An extremely minor nitpick, but Max Power didn't say "and that's the end of that chapter", the Homer Simpson character on Police Cops did, the re-write of the character forced the real Homer to change his name.

Great video though, and great choices.

ImBigBob:

You beat me to it ;p

wooty:
Good list, especially Bards Tale, but I'm still downhearted that this didnt make a mention on the list, also one of the most annoying stages I've ever played

Good call my good man. I was just going to mention this one. It had me in stitches when I first saw this...

No love for Mordin's 'A Scientist Salarian' in Mass Effect 2? For shame...

Ahh Nukey broon excellent choice!

Mordin Solus- Scientist Salarian. Thought that was funnier then some of those on this list, but a matter of personal preference I guess.

Moriarty70:

Really? Reallyreallyreally? Cos I think that'd taste absolutely vile.

I love Parappa the Rapper! I own Parappa the Rapper 2 and the multiplayer on that makes for some hilariously fun nights. Especially when paired with some beer. It's also a great game to play with a significant other because it isn't too challenging to learn.

Newcastle Brown, what a marvellous choice.

Kwan:

Moriarty70:

Dark beers are all meant to be drank at room temp. It's only wussy Americans that insist that beer be served cold at all times. The cold hides the flavor of the beer.

I agree with the above you give love to: Mordin Solus- Scientist Salarian!

Though...does Lisa have a 360? It seems like she doesn't...so then the oversight would make sense.

Expect the Church of Freeman to bring the torches and pitchforks for not putting "Still Alive" at #1.

OT: Now I'm gonna go look up that Beer song. Still, I agree with those who said "No "Great Mighty Poo?"", but a good list.

hawk533:

Kwan:

Moriarty70:

Dark beers are all meant to be drank at room temp. It's only wussy Americans that insist that beer be served cold at all times. The cold hides the flavor of the beer.

Guinness ain't a dark beer though, it's a stout, or more correctly, a stout based on porter.

EDIT: Which IS technically a type of dark beer, I know, but there's a world of difference IMO

ImBigBob:

and ninja'd

I was soo sure even before clicking that I was going to see this and the portal song. Alas I was wrong yet again in life. If anything it should've gotten a notable mention.

Anyway, great video always enjoy them. Beer isnt exactly my favorite drink more of a rum man myself (Me and the Captain [Morgan] make it happen).

Awesome!

Batfred:
No Skull Monkeys? For shame.

Curses, ninja'd. But excellent choice there.

I loved that game and its music :)

Ender Wiggin:
No love for Mordin's 'A Scientist Salarian' in Mass Effect 2? For shame...

Indeed, that was, imho, one of the best bits of ME 2 (and 1) conversations ever. I call shenanigans it wasn't there

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here