Top 5 with Lisa Foiles: Top 5 In-Game Songs

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Wow, I haven't watched this in awhile, it's made great strides in humor and pacing.

Still Alive, Beer Beer Beer AND I Pirate I was meant to be. I'm really liking this list, and the Queen t-shirt tops it all off.

I was going to grab a beer, but then I realised that bot the bottles on my desk are empty :(

I have the same guitar Lisa! :D

Love love love Still Alive. It'll be stuck in my head all day now. Great list overall :)

Also, NOT NICE. I am watching at work! I can't grab a beer! Booooooo.

there is one GLARING omission in the Top 5 the BONUS STAGE song from Skullmonkeys this cannot be!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1qb6d_i3To

I REQUEST VINDICATION!!!!!

hawk533:

Kwan:

Moriarty70:
Room Temp, Guinness should be served room temp.

Really? Reallyreallyreally? Cos I think that'd taste absolutely vile.

Dark beers are all meant to be drank at room temp. It's only wussy Americans that insist that beer be served cold at all times. The cold hides the flavor of the beer.

The rule of thumb for beer (porters, stouts and real ales, at least) is cellar temp, not room temp. There's a difference. Both are warmer than fridge temperature, of course, but there should be a bit of chill to the beer.

hawk533:

Kwan:

Moriarty70:

Dark beers are all meant to be drank at room temp. It's only wussy Americans that insist that beer be served cold at all times. The cold hides the flavor of the beer.

But what if my room temp is 32 degrees?

Back OT Great list, and awesome shirt! Have my ugly nerd babies Lisa!!

My personal list would include StarCraft 2's "Zerg, Shotgun, You".

That has to be one of the catchiest, funniest songs I'd heard in a while in video games.

I really enjoyed the closing song from You Have to Burn the Rope

hawk533:

Kwan:

Moriarty70:

So tell me then, oh master of rules, why the hell does it say on the freakin' Guinness bottle "Serve extra cold"?

Loving you even more now for drinking Newcastle.

Oh, awesome list. As always.

mireko:
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind.

This is becoming the funniest video series on this site. Glad I stuck with it.

Just saying, as soon as she said PaRappa the Rapper, I too thought about the Dojo stage with Chop Chop Master Onion. Probably my favorite rap of the game =)

mireko:
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind.

GODDAMN you beat me to posting this.

Lisa is hilarious, I'm so glad the escapist staff pruned the trolls so that she would keep going with this series :-)

I thought the C.O.P.S. song from sam and max would make it.
but i love the parappa songs, so god damn funky.

"Why are you guys always throwing bottles at me?! F*ckin' a..."

Lisa, you are a funny, funny woman.

Zigot66:
An extremely minor nitpick, but Max Power didn't say "and that's the end of that chapter", the Homer Simpson character on Police Cops did, the re-write of the character forced the real Homer to change his name.

Great video though, and great choices.

This is exactly what I thought. Goddamn we're nerds! ha :-)

Good vid tho, some excellent song choices :-)

All excellent choices, but I thought this one deserved to be included as well:

Eric Idle is the man.

hawk533:

Kwan:

Moriarty70:

then why would they make a cold version of the drink for pubs?

(we are going to ignore the evil red devil at the end shhh)

I still think "Still Alive" deserved 1st place.

Void(null):
Did you know: The Beer, Beer, Beer song is actually an old Royal Navy song and its first recording was made back in 1950?

woah... thats quite interesting actually...

it reminds me of that song of sailors talking about how they will never go back home because the queen of england told them to suck it up in their giant boat, and they will listen to her because they are the finest men... or something like that, i heard that THAT song was changed and addapted, and is played by severall bands... but now it has a different meaning than before.

OT: I just wanted to say, GO PACKERS!!

also, nice vocal cords there girl, I kind of liked that ring.

Still Alive #5????, the song is also inside the game, didnt you noticed that little radio thing playing some catchy tune?... we could argue all you want about the lyrics, but ok, i´m with ya

O.o PaRappa the Rapper!?!?, i never even heard about that game before...

cool!...

boooo no mordin booooo!

Good list if i've only played any of the games other than portal.

Kwan:

hawk533:

Kwan:

Guinness ain't a dark beer though, it's a stout, or more correctly, a stout based on porter.

EDIT: Which IS technically a type of dark beer, I know, but there's a world of difference IMO

"dark beer" isn't a type of beer such as stout or ales and whatnot, Guinness is of course a dark beer... it's about as dark as you'll get!

my new fav person is anyone who loves Guinness :D

Another addendum to the list:

Re: Your Brains by Jonathan Coulton.
Plays on the jukeboxes in L4D2 sometimes, and actually summons a horde in the first chorus.

why would Chicago have a packers banner?

And i would definitely have include kabbage boyz "girlfriend" from Brütal legend, that song is hilarious, but only really in context, oh and the robot gnomes song from magnus and myggen 2! really disappointed that it wasn't on there, its almost like you don't play obscure Danish mid 90s adventure games that teach you how to read and do math.

Oh and newcastle ale isn't a dark beer, its brown dish water.

ImBigBob:
No Great Mighty Poo song from Conker's Bad Fur Day? I call shenanigans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GuMXU_qGfU

This is exactly what I was thinking...

Dat Queen shirt.

Ooooooh... We've got this notion
that we'd quite like to sail the ocean
so we're buildin' a big boat to
leave 'ere for goooood.

We're not keen on sinkin'
so we're all sittin' here a-thinkin'
Cuz we built it too big
and we've run out of wooood.

Eidle eidle eee!
Eidle eidle eee!
We simply can't leave till we get some more wooood!

Guess the game.

OT: A Pirate I Was Meant To Be is just hilarious and was so unexpected in-game (for me, anyway). Thanks to Ms. Foiles for including it :)

Also, was it just me that thought she was looking hotter than usual today? :P

rod_hynes:

wooty:
Good list, especially Bards Tale, but I'm still downhearted that this didnt make a mention on the list, also one of the most annoying stages I've ever played

Good call my good man. I was just going to mention this one. It had me in stitches when I first saw this...

Dude my thought exactly. Why do you keeping throwing bottles at Lisa? Gosh tomatos and eggs still exist...

Frank_Sinatra_:
Oh I love Pappa The Rappa, which makes it so sad that PlayStation won't release it on the PSN Store. D':

I'M SO SAD!
I EXPECTED NUMBER ONE TO BE THIS!

AND IT DIDN'T EVEN CRACK THE TOP 5!
WHAT THE HECK?!

Edit: as in I thought this would be there instead of parappa

Eh. Okay list I guess. Did not know about Comic Jumper, so I'll be checking that one out.
Just one thing: Where the hell was the ballad of the Great Mighty Poo?

Games and music? That reminds me of

There I said it.

Lisa, you ain't no Rebecca Mayers but you can sure sing! (and play the gutitar!)

p.s. love the hat!

Since the title doesn't specify the "Funny" part there's this one missing

Well at least she didn't subject us to more Dawson's Creek Music...

OT: Now I know more songs in the video game serieses...serieses is that even a word? And this is probably the shortest by far.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here