Trailers: Crysis 2 Launch Trailer

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Crysis 2 Launch Trailer

Humanity's last hope must face down the threat in New York City.

Watch Video

I swear they're going out of their way to make me not care about this game. I mean... rap? Really? And "Be the weapon. Save New York." Who the hell wrote that?

Bleh I say. Bleh.

Oh well, at least it looks pretty, right?

Speaking of which, in before PC elitism regarding "best looking game on consoles."

Looks like the SP might be at least as good as the first one. I like how the suit has been refined more and is more integrated with context sensitive actions.

THAT IS AN AWESOME CHOICE OF MUSIC

now the positive is out of the way
1) why is he killing soldiers
2) why are the aliens in new york?

Way to ruin a perfectly good song.

bahumat42:

Heh...that armor is just about as...festive as Batman's from Batman and Robin. It's cool how you fight Metal Gear Rex in this game though :3

I admit it now though, I didn't watch the above trailer but am referencing the ones I've seen on TV. Based on the complaints about the rap track in there I assume they're the same trailers. Any word on a single player trailer? I tried the multiplayer one but my 360 didn't like it: caused freezing.

B.O.B. made a damn fine song for this game, I'm trying to find it right now

Why do we have to have yet another game set in the same damn country? *sigh* I'm fairly sure even Americans must be getting tired of the whole 'Zomg, US being attacked' thing that's been running for the last decade - lets have some other nation fighting off the invading hordes (fingers crossed for ME3...)

Also, lack of boasts about PC graphics noted. Crytek, play to your strengths... *sigh*

qbanknight:

Please share if you do. I think it looks pretty good mixed up nicely. Mind you, I never played the first.

*EDIT* Found this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xf-w4IMcCOU

The song was nice but I wish the trailer would have used a bit more new footage. I honestly only care about the SP campaign so I think I'll be ok since the Multiplayer just wasn't that fun for me. I'll get it as soon as possible but if I honestly just want to play some multiplayer I'll just pop into Halo or TF2.

hmm i unno this looks good but do i have to pa=lay the first one to understand what the hells goin on?

Zhukov:

Speaking of which, in before PC elitism regarding "best looking game on consoles."

can i be the one to put on my elitist hat?
im all for it been the best looking on the console... shame is isnt for the pc like its predecessors were... that been said im getting it for the pc, and will enjoy it, but that little fact that another dev has lied to the pc community will be niggling away in the back of my mind

Shit yeah - today is the day!!

Seeing this trailer reminded me to check the status of my pre-order on Amazon. WTF? Estimated ship date March 29th?? I think not.

Amazon order canceled, Steam order placed, download 30% complete. I know what I'm doing after work today. ;-)

Horrible Music but good gameplay.

Didn't like the music, but I loved the first Crysis (well, mostly) and I'm thinking this may be my first new game of 2011.

Except... erm... when does Portal 2 come out?

TheMan2203:
hmm i unno this looks good but do i have to pa=lay the first one to understand what the hells goin on?

not really.

basically aliens appeared from within the earth on some asian island,
this is just a continuation of that with the aliens spreading to new york.
although this game seems to have some story to do with the company that made the nanosuit.

I personally don't like the music, and a few people have already posted that they don't either. So, even if you like it, it was a poor choice for marketing because it is off-putting to a portion of their audience.

The trailer didn't really wow me, I might pick it up when it gets cheaper.

So you're going to save new york by butchering outmatched human military and police forces before you take out the aliens, of coruse, what a foolproof plan...

Nizarras:

qbanknight:

Please share if you do. I think it looks pretty good mixed up nicely. Mind you, I never played the first.

*EDIT* Found this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xf-w4IMcCOU

Here found the download site (yes Escapist this is legal, B.o.B. himself tweeted the site): http://hiphopgame.ihiphop.com/player.php?id=13966 (try clicking the download button on top and scroll down the page to find the song and click the arrow)

I just don't think we need so many trailers.. It's the best one so far though.

Well it LOOKS nice and it could well be a decent game but that soundtrack... Wow.... What an abomination of the music industry

So, wait...all that fuss about images of the Twin Towers and yet you can show New York entirely gutted and no one cares?

Why can't people be consistent in their knee-jerk reactions? :)

Edit: Also I wish companies would make decent trailers for games and films, most of them these days feel so lacklustre. The trailer for the first Alien film is awesome, if a little over-stated towards the end and as is the trailer for Unbreakable.

Edit: Double also...why is the last hope for humanity always an American with a gun?

The trailer looked nice but the song choice was not very good.

i would care more if i got a chance to play more than half of a match. i guess ill put it on gamefly

I wonder why everyone is so critical about everything Crysis yet is totally fine with Call of Duty sporting the same gameplay over and over again with the plot just getting more ridiculous and over the top with every release

I dunno why, but rap songs really don't feel right to me when portraying a moment of crisis. I remember how the chopper mission in the last MoH lost all sense of graveness with the rap soundtrack in the background...
The trailer was super cheesy. But kinda looking forward to the game itself.

Picked the Game up this morning.. Still installing.. Its like the devs are daring me to read every less than stellar review while i wait for this thing to finish .. WOW what a horrible installer program 0_0

while not the biggest rap fan, i liked the song
the only problem i have with it is that its $60 and i don't have that much money :(

Pretty boring trailer, that.

Ugh.....

Not only did this trailer do nothing to convince me it would be better than the abysmal first game, that song was just horrible. Someone needs to dub in "New York, New York" over that trailer and fast.

Wow. I'm looking forward to this game, I can't wait to get my hands on it, but that trailer? That did not make me want to play it at all. The song wasn't necessarily bad but it wasn't right for the tone of the trailer and it just didn't... do... anything. It was bland, very 'meh'

Yeah, they definitely should have used Frank Sinatra's "New York, New York" instead.

hahhahahah, what kind of slogan is that?

"be the weapon, save new york"

it might as well be: "new york has been kidnapped by aliens, are you a bad enough dude to save new york?"

Killer 1 90:

bahumat42:

Spoiler tags aren't working for me, disregard the quote since I can't discuss it without ruining some of the plot.

Anyway Richard K Morgan wrote the plot, or at least partially wrote the plot (Altered Carbon - Takeshi Kovacs trilogy), and as a result it's not that bad. His style is always based off a very simple start point, such as aliens in new york, get rid, and it's the filligree that makes his books great. For example, the premise of his first book is, Some guy shot me, people's "souls" exist in data-chips, go find the killer.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here