Trailers: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Trailer

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Why does the narrator talk as if the idea of multiple solution is created by their team and not 10 years ago by the Ion Storm dev team? They talk as if there wasn't an old Deus Ex. It's stupid.

I wish game designers would just bloody well design the level as a building would actually be designed. The entire area as it would appear if it was in real life, with all its security features and weakness and such. Not deliberately put in paths to follow. I mean that rooftop path was stupid as. Why was there a ladder? and why would they let a big truck with crates lean against their very important building?

Seriously. We aren't children. You don't need to lead us around by the hand. Just design the place like it would actually be, and let us discover the weakness and other methods. Don't try and lead as along with a figurative carrot.

So it's pretty much Metal Gear Solid from 1997 mixed with Half Life 2-esque switch puzzles and box pushing. I am unimpressed.

MY GOD you people are hard to please. She said it's the first level OFC THE GUARDS ARE EASY. And the orange glow doesn't show you where to go till you find it and know what to do with it.

It looks really good. I bet im going to get moaned at for this but oh well. Shoo! i don't care what you qqers think because nothing will make you happy :)

Nothin like a good game demo...and that was nothing like a good game demo!

Splinter Cell:Conviction had a decent go at the Stealth Em Up till you have to 'Go Loud', and Metal Gear Solid on the PS had better cover viewing!

More console cutdown crappyness :(

aegix drakan:

Unrulyhandbag:
3)The "I'm interactive" yellow overlay is truly horrid. But obviously that's just a dev-mode thingy that got switched off in the more recent builds, right?

If they're smart, they'll make it possible to turn that off.

*crosses fingers that they're smart*

This is my only complaint from the video as I'm not as whiny as half of these idiots. Hopefully it will either simply be gone from the finished game, or be able to be toggled off.

bahumat42:
MY GOD you people are hard to please. She said it's the first level OFC THE GUARDS ARE EASY. And the orange glow doesn't show you where to go till you find it and know what to do with it.

It looks really good. I bet im going to get moaned at for this but oh well. Shoo! i don't care what you qqers think because nothing will make you happy :)

When a good game is released I'll promote it with the ferocity of a baby shih-tzu on warm freshly laid turd(which means I'll jump all over it and devour...eww). Considering this is probably around 10% of releases, and thats VERY generous, you have to pick and choose your battles, so to speak. Considering a vast majority of games require a significant investment, even renting it is more then a meal these days, so if a game dev wants to release a promo vid, it better impress to get my money.

I would counter with the argument what looks so good to you that you haven't seen done in 30 other titles to date? Did you mean the graphics are shiny? I know plenty of games that can offer that with unique gameplay. Again, there was nothing in those videos that hasn't been done before.

Mabye your easily impressed, but keep in mind a large majority of gamers have already played this genre to death and back. Gone are the days where you can churn out one clone after another with a new shirt and expect us nerds to go "baby shih-tzu" all over it. Good releases DO HAPPEN, they are just very few and far between. As I understand this is a hardcore gamers site, and as such we expect a higher calibur of quality then your average run-of-the-mill nerd. We've seen things done right and done wrong, and we know the devs have too, and I don't think its too much to ask for them to put in a serious amount of effort, or dare i say, take a chance on a previously un-seen gameplay mechanic.

I guess while im here, League of Legends is an innovative turn on RTS, and is free. Starcraft2 was released with ZERO problems ( balancing not included! took 7 years to balance broodwar!) .
It's possible to release a game with innovative new ideas, and this was one game that was expected to do that. I think that's an underlying issue with me and the like-minded posts, and the point your missing is we expect more at this point, in my humble opinion.

Great now i wrote an essay...

The game "hit the gold status".
Get it? Hit the gold status...
Ah damn it, I just had to make this ridiculous comment.

OT: I liked how the lady shown us around - she seems really nice. I kinda disliked though how she warranted everything as "for fun". We know everything is for fun in a game, unless you play Face of Mankind or Farmville. :)

Been playing through the old Deus Ex games again and quite frankly this playthrough is sorta reminiscent of the first level in the first game. I hope they didn't just reveal ALL the routes in that area and that there are at least 2-3 more, but in terms of Games Design of designing optional routes for the player to take I think this is pretty damn good and should be used a lot more.

I wish people would stop expecting gold from this though. It's CLEARLY a sequel of when games where coming out of an "everything must be hard" phase. I never expected this game to be ground-breaking in innovation or new techniques, but in terms of brown modern day fps's that I see constantly cluttering up the games market this SORT of looks refreshing enough and still familiar for new audiences.

Can we just not knock it before it's released? I sorta think we should at least give the game that, honestly _

Many excellent games coming out this year, and this is one of them. Do want!

Obviously, this was a tutorial level. I think the depth of the game lies in the "augmentations". This is the type of video i think is sent to reviewers, usually, but we get to see it. So theres no spit and polish.

I dont think alot of people can tell the difference, so i expect alot of negative reactions.

I want to see mid-game gameplay. This didnt even show "hacking". I can only guess how that would be implented. Hopefully more then "open door"

guys this isnt a trailer, its a gameplay demonstration, its not suppose to be impressive.

might ask for this for my birthday :)

and for some reason this reminded me more of halo than anything else.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution reminds me of Invisiable War.

*sighs* sigh, those were the days. maxing out silent step and shooting people in the neck with a neutilizer or cutting them in the back with a energy sword I stole from a display case. I even remember a glitch that gave free soda and 100 credits.

Anyway, this game looks promising so far. Hopefully, it won't flop.

that actually got me interested

not my usual type of game so maybe that's why I'm not griping about it haha

@soulfire: i remember being shot at after hacking a vending machine and wondering, "since when did defending snickers with bullets become acceptable or normal?"

Irridium:
Hopefully all the yellow lines showing you where to go/what to do aren't in the final game.

There's no exploration or sense of discovery when the game hi-lights everything for you with a bit YOU CAN USE THIS! outline.

Let us discover things for ourselves.

^This. They'll be in the game for sure, it's just a matter of whether they're optional. Fingers crossed for a yes.

Btw, anyone felt that the first person view is kinda... unintuitive for this game? I feel like third person, which is already used several times (and for good reasons) would be best used throughout the game.

MagnumJoe:
Why does the narrator talk as if the idea of multiple solution is created by their team and not 10 years ago by the Ion Storm dev team? They talk as if there wasn't an old Deus Ex. It's stupid.

The better question is why she's acting like it's something out of the ordinary. Most games offer more than one path to solving a problem nowadays. Which is a good thing, just don't see why they're putting so much emphasis on it like they're doing something spectacularly new.

Vrach:
[quote="Irridium" post="6.272324.10502421"]
Btw, anyone felt that the first person view is kinda... unintuitive for this game? I feel like third person, which is already used several times (and for good reasons) would be best used throughout the game.

I don't see the issue, Deus Ex was always a first person game.

Sorry, but why is everyone taking conclusions of this one very early gameplay trailer? It doesn't even show much gameplay, only a tiny part of sneaking/shooting action. Please don't judge the game by an unfinished and short part of the game.(BTW, the woman who does the voice-over is exaggerating about every tiny thing because it's her job to do so. It's not like she has already played the whole game.)

boradam:

Vrach:
[quote="Irridium" post="6.272324.10502421"]

I don't see the issue, Deus Ex was always a first person game.

I never said it wasn't, I said it was unintuitive for this game. The fact previous installments were first person is what I think held them back and made them go the unintuitive route.

You have the cover system, where the character goes into third person, you have the melee takedowns, again character goes into third person, you have climbing, again, same thing. With mechanics in there, what's the point of first person? It feels really off, at least to me, to go back to it, considering shooting can be done just fine from third person as well.

I'll just not buy this.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or