Trailers: Portal 2: Panels

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Portal 2: Panels

First of four investment opportunities leading up to the release of Aperture Laboratories documentary video game Portal 2.

Watch Video

That was bloody brilliant. Apparently getting rid of marketing people to rely on their own sense of humour was an awesome thing to do, go Valve.

Made me giggle. I'm liking Valve doing their own ads.

"That is not a panel, that's a crusher. We sell them too" I'll take 5.

Okay firstly, just off the bat, I glanced over this on the latest content section and I thought it said "Trailers: Portal 2: Penis"

Don't ask me why

But yeah, fantastic trailer, loved the bit where Atlas (blue one) fell when the door closed

Valve has the best sense of humor in the industry. Something all the other publishers forgot about.

When i first heard of Valve making thier own TV adverts i thought they would actually be out a month after Portal 2 was.

Im wrong, obviously, and for once im not inclined to argue against it.

kurupt87:
That was bloody brilliant. Apparently getting rid of marketing people to rely on their own sense of humour was an awesome thing to do, go Valve.

Agreed. If they had ad agencies doing their ads, they'd probably all turn out like those Dead Space 2 "your mom's gonna hate it" commercials.

But this is just awesome! XD

OMFG THAT WAS HILARIOUS!!

Stammer:

kurupt87:

Agreed. If they had ad agencies doing their ads, they'd probably all turn out like those Dead Space 2 "your mom's gonna hate it" commercials.

Actually they'd have been hundreds of explosions a few fighter jets flying over and some american flags :L

The shoddy reliability of Aperture Science is so reminiscent of Black Mesa back from Half Life...

OT: Succinct, pertinent to gameplay, enjoyable. Well done gentlemen.

I won't deny it, this trailer had me go 'lol wut' at it the whole time.

Portal 2 is gonna be such a great game, I just know it.

imnotparanoid:

Stammer:

kurupt87:

Actually they'd have been hundreds of explosions a few fighter jets flying over and some american flags :L

Don't forget rap music and SAVE AMERICA!

Now I know how Aperture got so very nuts.

"That's not a panel."
Looking forward to the game desparately.

THIS WAS A TRIUMPH!

I didn't think I could possibly want to buy Portal 2 any more than I already did, but every one of the ads for it has been bloody brilliant. Shit, they've already given me more entertainment for free than some movies have.

im buying that

Stammer:

kurupt87:

Yes, your "mom's" gonna hate it because it's too hard for her. Or, your "mom" doesn't belive in physics.

This advert made me lol.
I also got a shock when they had a voice over. I'm too used to the sound of GLaDOS or bleeps and bloops from the robots. The pannel thing is very exciting. It means the levels will be much more dynamic than before (which we all knew anyway, but it's nice to be reminded).

Don't tease me, bro!

Oh man. Does this mean J.K. Simmons is going to help us along, like an opponent to GLaDoS?

Really excited for this game now. Got my pre-order in and now just have to play the waiting game (and my back catalogue of other games obviously!) for the next month.

This is just genius. Wonder how censorship laws would react to a robot getting beaten up like that.

omfg, just release the damn game already. I'll buy the game anyway no matter if you do commercials or not.
And yea, I join the chorus about valve not needing any marketing, because they are awesome themselves. But that's common knowledge already anyway.

Oh damn I somehow get the feeling that we will be able to construct our own maps. Knowing Valve they would not forbid it but still will not implement it like Bethesda does in their games

pliusmannn:
Oh damn I somehow get the feeling that we will be able to construct our own maps. Knowing Valve they would not forbid it but still will not implement it like Bethesda does in their games

If you have a PC, you'll be able to make Portal levels through Hammer, right?

Adremmalech:

pliusmannn:

I do believe so.

Judging from their videos for Portal 2, I suspect there's been some kind of Pixar/Valve exchange program, and if there wasn't, it needs to happen now.

subject_87:

Adremmalech:

pliusmannn:

I do believe so.

Judging from their videos for Portal 2, I suspect there's been some kind of Pixar/Valve exchange program, and if there wasn't, it needs to happen now.

Enlighten me what is Hammer, please?

pliusmannn:

subject_87:

Adremmalech:

I do believe so.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valve_Hammer_Editor

Adremmalech:

pliusmannn:

subject_87:

I do believe so.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valve_Hammer_Editor

Thank you, i now wonder how the hell did i missed it :D thanks again

And people badmouthed Valve saying their initial Ads were 'meh'. Now look at this, once they started rolling, it only got better.

This is a test chamber. I am on a horse.

This reminds me of the space kid movies about science based on 1950s* Nasa imaginations and wanting to be an astronaunt.

*: idk when space race was i forget.

"Fully configurable"? *raises eyebrow*
Custom levels would be very cool....

I thought Cave Johnson was dead. Perhaps that's the twist!

A truly great man. Inventor of the "Counter-Heimlich Manuver", and founder of the "Take A Wish Foundation".

Best trailer ever?
Funny, smart and short. I wish more games made it like that.

I don't know if Valve is reading this, but if so...

BRAVO valve. BRAVO! If I wasn't already gonna buy portal 2, these ads would more than convince me. You guys are genius.

*goes to immediately invest in panels, they look useful as booby traps! I'll take all the unsafe ones ya got!*

Man Valve just know how to trip my trigger i'm jonsing for the game already, although I was jonsing to begin with.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here