Anthony Saves The World: Flippin' Puppets

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Well I was highly surprised about the characters being puppets, but first time I got to see muppet action Haha! Epic win video this was, which at the end I was literally struck when he revealed how he is able to cast fire.

If he is that, I wonder why he cares about saving the world and why he has a son for. Ether way, I am glad that I am sticking by these series and looking forward to seeing more of them each week. Good job guys, not sure where this is going but this video was hilarious.

You guys clearly improved the voice work nicely, the music wasn't overbearing, although some key-moments were over-exposed to effects (such as the evil puppets grating voice effect), but overall, nothing too bad, it was overly well done and clean.

The lighting has improved greatly, instead of getting that mushy green-dead-brown-metal filter which made everything look grey and blend into each other, this episode was much better balanced. The puppets had strong contrast colors to pop, but even so, the background actually felt black, instead of a mushy metal color.

The music choice was well chosen (could you guys tell me what it's called and where I could get it?).

The effects weren't too cheap, not too over-the-top, they simply did their job and were done. Although in retrospect, I would say keeps the effects more simple. I liked the fire-balls, but the Purple-Orb-Of-Doom was too tacky. Something simpler would have sufficed to say the least.

Overall, much improved guys. Kudos.

Badwolf14:
"why are we puppets?" lol this was a funny episode....but there is an unanswered question from the last episode >.>

That question being?

Oh god it's so beautiful!
Keep it up.
Also is it just me, or did their voices get more puppety?

XxRyanxX:
Well I was highly surprised about the characters being puppets, but first time I got to see muppet action Haha! Epic win video this was, which at the end I was literally struck when he revealed how he is able to cast fire.

If he is that, I wonder why he cares about saving the world and why he has a son for. Ether way, I am glad that I am sticking by these series and looking forward to seeing more of them each week. Good job guys, not sure where this is going but this video was hilarious.

Wait...he has a son?!

Also, what happened to Little Mikey and Canada?

Puppets really do make everything better, though that may have something to do with my three day muppet show binge.

mikeyface:
Flippin' Puppets

On this very special episode of Anthony Saves the World, our intrepid heroes find themselves grappling with a very fuzzy predicament. Can they put their puppety powers to good use and destroy the demon that signifies the coming of the Deathbringer? Can Mikey overcome the audio problems that made him almost kill himself over this episode? Find out on this weeks episode!

Watch Video

Brilliant episode. One thing that bothers me though. Since, as muppets, they seem to be in control of themselves. When they return to normal will they find their hands lodged up their ass?

So Mikey turned to the good side and decided to help? Still currently my most favorite Escapist series. Keep up the excellent work guys.

A funny deviation from previous episodes!

I would say that this episode was exceptional.

Well done.

"The radio said "No Anthony, YOU are the demons! And then Anthony was a puppet."

Brilliant episode guys, probably the best one so far. Loved the humor.

ProtoChimp:

Badwolf14:
"why are we puppets?" lol this was a funny episode....but there is an unanswered question from the last episode >.>

That question being?

what happened to little mikey

What happened to Little Mikey? And Canada?

Also, this has got to be the best series on the Escapist At the moment. It's just as good as Apocalypse Lane and Doomsday Arcade, if not better.

what about little mikey? Where did he go, and since mikeys a demon, doesnt that mean he never really was a child?

For the record, those weren't eyedrops, that was contact lens solution...

OT: Great episode and such and such.

Eh I gave up on it. I appreciate the ideas and effort but I've long since given up caring about this series. Not my cup of tea I guess *shrug*

Okay. I can't hear most of the lines in this one. Funny when i can actually hear it though.

BUT I'm going be a quality snob and ask you to re-post this. It's funny. I just prefer to hear what I'm laughing at.

Spoilers!

Mikey being a demon was not a big surprise to me since I guessed (due to the not dying previously and the rapidly healing bullet wound) that he was either a super human or a demon but it is a good addition to the plot. Why is this demon helping save the world? The plot thickens ect. This episode was pretty good due to revealing some the secrets of this plot and the puppets which were were hilarious. The Anthony one in particular was amazing!

Yeah, that pretty much sums up my reaction here. This show just seems to be getting more and more absurd with every episode with no real explanation as to why or how. Every episode just seems to move on from the last weird thing that happened and try to one-up it while at the same time making no reference to previous events. Not sure if want, but I'm entertained nonetheless.

Hey, love the puppets and the series. Fun note, I went to film school with Sarah- she makes great puppets.

I checked the date, and it's not april 1st. o_o Have you folks been practicing sharp jumping?

PUPPETS!

And why not. I greatly enjoyed this episode.

Fun Fact: Desi Arnaz never actually said the phrase "Lucy, you got some splainin' to do!"

Bonus Fun Fact: Desi Arnaz was actually a puppet.

Hee! That was awesome. Love the puppets dudes! Funniest ep yet.

And whoa, shock revelation at the end there. Nice work!

Please tell me there's going to be a second season,the show is too awesome and weird to end.

This is actually my first episode, and I can't wait to start watching from scratch... But I think that the audio really let down an otherwise great video.
The demon was near incomprehensible and Anthony's voice track was way too low to be heard over the music during and after the fight.

Hope you guys manage to fix that soon, though doubtless you spotted it in post.
Keep it up, lads!

The last episode was going to be my last episode. I was going to let this series slide on by without a second glance...

And then I saw the thumbnail with the puppets and was all like, "Well shit."

And then I watched the episode and was all, "What a twist!"

Congratulations guys, you won back a viewer.

I'm loving whatever you have done with the vocals; it's now much clearer and easier to understand than previous episodes-kudos!

Also this raises the question of why Mikey can say the ritual/why it doesn't banish him as well as the other demons (hey spoilers but I'm guessing if you are reading this thread you just watched the show).

In summary: Still loving the show, more so now that I can understand it.

I'd just accepted that people shouldn't be demanding plot from you, that the series works and is meant to be excellent one-shot humour and action and then not only do you have a brilliantly funny episode but you add some plot too :D

ZombieGenesis:
Okay...that was fantastic.
Reminds me so much of that one Angel episode where Angel turns into a puppet!

And puppets just make life better...

Thats what I was thinking of while watching this too! It's very Charmed/Angel WBish. I can't wait to see what else they come up with. I didn't see the reveal at the end, I can't wait to see how this works out!

Just when I thought I'd given up on this series, you pull a muppet stunt.

FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Ugh, the audio issues were annoying to me... But I enjoyed the episode.

beefpelican:

XxRyanxX:

Wait...he has a son?!

Also, what happened to Little Mikey and Canada?

Mikey doesn't have a son! If your refering to the kid from 1.7 that's not Mikey's son, that's Mikey when he was ten years old.

what better way to do a plot twist than with puppets?!

and Yeah i was waiting for something like that to explain to me how could he take such beatings, getting shot in the leg, getting stabbed and still be 100% fine the next time arround.

It just dawned on me... Anthony's left hand was missing!

Anyone else notice it?

Mikodite:
It just dawned on me... Anthony's left hand was missing!

Anyone else notice it?

Whoa, what? Might be kind of a read into something that isn't actually real. He has both hands, I assure you.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here